Email from Mindark: EULA & ToS Update

Society
Grecu
Just received this (dunno if anyone posted yet) ...
2009 February 02
Dear Entropia Universe Participant,

A new year has arrived, bringing with it lots of new challenges and exciting developments. The MindArk Group wants to take this opportunity to wish you all the best for 2009, and to thank you for your commitment to Entropia Universe and Planet Calypso!

During the last six months MindArk PE AB has undergone substantial restructuring in order to meet new demands set by the change in business focus from a single virtual world developer to a virtual world platform provider.

Since October 2008 the development and marketing of Planet Calypso is managed by the First Planet Company team with CEO Marco Behrmann at the wheel. Over the last couple of months you have seen the result of their engagement in an increased focus on storyline, community activities and events, and they promise that there is much more to come.

The planet Calypso is from now on only one of many planets and systems in the virtual universe, Entropia Universe. MindArk expects that multiplicity of planets, each hosted by independent Planet Partners, will offer a larger variety of content and activities within Entropia Universe.

MindArk has also founded EU Support & Operations AB (EUSO), a fully owned subsidiary with former Customer Service Director, Cornelia Sundström, as CEO. EUSO will provide MindArk’s Planet Partners with computer server co-location, web/multimedia services and customer support.

In 2009 MindArk will continue to focus on developing the Entropia Universe as a technological and commercial applications platform for a three-dimensional Internet. The Entropia Platform will open up the Entropia Universe to partner organizations that wish to be part of our vision. The implementation of Entropia Universe’s new graphical engine CryENGINE®2 is progressing well. Additionally, considerable resources have been invested in a new website for Planet Calypso and an updated Entropia Universe Login window. You will see the result of these efforts very soon.

All these changes and new developments have made it necessary to review our policies and the End User License Agreement (EULA). The former EULA has been divided into a license agreement for the client software including related data and communications (the EULA) and a Terms of Use (ToU) for the Entropia Universe Account which all Participants will be required to register irrespective of which Planet you are entering. Both agreements have been updated with additional or revised terms and conditions. This means that instead of one agreement with MindArk you will now be required to accept both the EULA and the Entropia Universe Account ToU when interacting with Entropia Universe. Additionally, each planet within the Entropia Universe can in the future have further policies and rules of conduct that you will have to accept upon entering the planet in question.

These changes will be effective with the upcoming VU. All current Entropia Universe Participants are advised to read the updated EULA and ToU before you launch the Entropia Universe client after the VU release. The updated versions of the EULA and ToU have been pre-launched for You here. You will find that that most of the terms are materially the same as in the old EULA, but now better clarify your rights and obligations when interacting with the Entropia Universe or using the Entropia Universe Account. Some new terms have been added to the agreement in order to reflect the changes presented in the Newsletter dated from January 7th 2009, or due to the necessity of the above described reorganization and new business focus of the MindArk group.

We look forward to an exciting year!

The MindArk Team

© Mindark PE AB. All rights reserved.

So now we have 2 EULA's and each planet can make their own ? :scratch2:

As I understand it there is one EULA for regarding the software and the "universe" in generel and then each planet can have one too. I actually think that is a good thing.

We got that as an email, right? I read it the same way as Zacariaz.

I find the following line interesting. Calypso has been diminished to:
only one of many planets and systems in the virtual universe

Are there enough participants in EU to keep the population of Calypso up and populate all of the other new planets? :confused: Or, will the loot pool dry up as people move on to new adventures in new worlds?

If Calypso becomes deserted, I almost feel bad for people that invested in Entropia by buying expensive Banks, Malls, Land Areas, Mod Faps, Castles, etc..

Or, maybe, we will herald the new Universe with an influx of millions of new accounts and participants.

It sounds overly complicated. The EULA should apply to First Planet Company and the ToU should apply to the perticipant of Planet Calypso.

The problem is ....

U brake the ToU but u dont brake the EULA .... what will the consequences be ?
Ban on the specific planet but not from EU :scratch2:

I think it should be specified what braking the ToU would mean ..

Check out the interesting new screenshots also attached to the Newsletter:

http://mindark.com/newsletter/customerservice/2009/feb/04/images/img3.html
http://mindark.com/newsletter/customerservice/2009/feb/04/images/img4.html
http://mindark.com/newsletter/customerservice/2009/feb/04/images/img1.html

and here's one that wasn't attached:

http://mindark.com/newsletter/customerservice/2009/feb/04/images/img2.html

The new Entropia Universe End User License Agreement (EULA) and Entropia Universe Account Terms of Use (ToU) can also be found here:

http://mindark.com/newsletter/customerservice/2009/feb/04/eula_preview/index.html

Happy Reading!

;)

:mad: Why dont I get these emails. I know they have my email address cause I have delt with them on a support case. Think I should start another one.

Check out the interesting new screenshots also attached to the Newsletter:

http://mindark.com/newsletter/customerservice/2009/feb/04/images/img3.html
http://mindark.com/newsletter/customerservice/2009/feb/04/images/img4.html
http://mindark.com/newsletter/customerservice/2009/feb/04/images/img1.html

and here's one that wasn't attached:

http://mindark.com/newsletter/customerservice/2009/feb/04/images/img2.html

The new Entropia Universe End User License Agreement (EULA) and Entropia Universe Account Terms of Use (ToU) can also be found here:

http://mindark.com/newsletter/customerservice/2009/feb/04/eula_preview/index.html

Happy Reading!

;)

Oooh... First cryengine avatar pictures released?

Changes to the Entropia Universe System

4.2 Changes to the Entropia Universe System

It is hereby expressly clarified that the Virtual Items, accumulated in Your Account as well as the Avatar You use represent only a limited license right regulated by this EULA. Accordingly, MindArk may, at any time and at MindArk’s sole discretion, update, revise, implement patches or in any other way modify, manage and control the internal data and balancing of the Entropia Universe System and/or any aspect or feature of the Entropia Universe, with or without any prior notice to the Participant or responsibility for compensation due to loss or gain of value consequent to these modifications.

WOW :eek: What a surprise :rolleyes:

It means that MA doesn't have to ask the users if they want new features and changes to the system. They will deploy them and they are not reliable to any damage they might cause to you.

For example, they didn't ask us if we want CE2 or adding new planets.

If they decide to drop mod faps like shogun parts and so they became worthless, MA is not responsible for the loss that the ones that payed +450k ped for them will suffer.

Sitram

Can anyone say the axe? the amps? the footguards?

MA already practice this so nottin new there...

" Additionally, considerable resources have been invested in a new website for Planet Calypso and an updated Entropia Universe Login window. You will see the result of these efforts very soon. "
My wishes was / IS MA would have spent a fraction of theese " considerable resources " to fix a way faster smother withdrawal process, as a working cashcard :(

:mad: Why dont I get these emails. I know they have my email address cause I have delt with them on a support case. Think I should start another one.

I haven't got them yet either. I believe they are sent out in the order people signed up to EU. So newer players get emails a few hours/days later than older players.

And MA can make the modfap useless...
:yay: (irony)

Dear Entropia Universe Participant,
A new year has arrived, bringing with it lots of new challenges and exciting developments. The MindArk Group wants to take this opportunity to wish you all the best for 2009, and to thank you for your commitment to Entropia Universe and Planet Calypso!

During the last six months MindArk PE AB has undergone substantial restructuring in order to meet new demands set by the change in business focus from a single virtual world developer to a virtual world platform provider.

Since October 2008 the development and marketing of Planet Calypso is managed by the First Planet Company team with CEO Marco Behrmann at the wheel. Over the last couple of months you have seen the result of their engagement in an increased focus on storyline, community activities and events, and they promise that there is much more to come.

The planet Calypso is from now on only one of many planets and systems in the virtual universe, Entropia Universe. MindArk expects that multiplicity of planets, each hosted by independent Planet Partners, will offer a larger variety of content and activities within Entropia Universe.

MindArk has also founded EU Support & Operations AB (EUSO), a fully owned subsidiary with former Customer Service Director, Cornelia Sundström, as CEO. EUSO will provide MindArk’s Planet Partners with computer server co-location, web/multimedia services and customer support.

In 2009 MindArk will continue to focus on developing the Entropia Universe as a technological and commercial applications platform for a three-dimensional Internet. The Entropia Platform will open up the Entropia Universe to partner organizations that wish to be part of our vision. The implementation of Entropia Universe’s new graphical engine CryENGINE®2 is progressing well. Additionally, considerable resources have been invested in a new website for Planet Calypso and an updated Entropia Universe Login window. You will see the result of these efforts very soon.

Planet Calypso

Planet Calypso

Planet Calypso

All these changes and new developments have made it necessary to review our policies and the End User License Agreement (EULA). The former EULA has been divided into a license agreement for the client software including related data and communications (the EULA) and a Terms of Use (ToU) for the Entropia Universe Account which all Participants will be required to register irrespective of which Planet you are entering. Both agreements have been updated with additional or revised terms and conditions. This means that instead of one agreement with MindArk you will now be required to accept both the EULA and the Entropia Universe Account ToU when interacting with Entropia Universe. Additionally, each planet within the Entropia Universe can in the future have further policies and rules of conduct that you will have to accept upon entering the planet in question.

These changes will be effective with the upcoming VU. All current Entropia Universe Participants are advised to read the updated EULA and ToU before you launch the Entropia Universe client after the VU release. The updated versions of the EULA and ToU have been pre-launched for You here. You will find that that most of the terms are materially the same as in the old EULA, but now better clarify your rights and obligations when interacting with the Entropia Universe or using the Entropia Universe Account. Some new terms have been added to the agreement in order to reflect the changes presented in the Newsletter dated from January 7th 2009, or due to the necessity of the above described reorganization and new business focus of the MindArk group.

We look forward to an exciting year!

The MindArk Team

so we have to agree 2 EULAs :D

I received it a little before this thread was created, but for some reason it went into my spam folder (gmail).

I haven't got them yet either. I believe they are sent out in the order people signed up to EU. So newer players get emails a few hours/days later than older players.

I never get these emails - even though I have the option ticked in the "My account" section of the website.

I do receive emails about support cases updates etc - just not these information emails.

:scratch2:

Still ... what will happen when breaking just one of the 2

What will be more important ? Not to break the EULA or the ToU ? Or both will lead to an account lock ?

Im thinking Hangers, Hangers my drop in price dramatically as new planets come on line and more Hangers become available to the average Joe...

They can introduce new items which can shake our economy. We know that for years and live with.

But doesn't it say that they also can change stats of existing items? :eek:

I mean, if they decide the A104 is too much eco, they can decide to increase its decay? :confused:

Where did you extract the sentence? :rolleyes:

Well I see that as this:
You depo moeny to get a Modified Fap say $2k
MA changes the data and balancing inside of MA for whatever update, that Mod Fap you just bought is not worth 1/10 the cost you purcahsed it for......

That would be enough to piss me off.....

I could have sworn that had been there for a long time....

These changes will be effective with the upcoming VU.

So as to not go off-topic, I think that it makes sense to divide the EULA.... It's a CYA thing... one for the actual software, and one for how you can use the software.

However, the main thing that jumped out to me was the upcoming VU. I love VU's, I look forward to them, and I sure hope this upcoming one has some serious goodies attached!

upcoming Definition
up·com·ing (up′kum′iŋ, up kum′iŋ)

adjective

coming soon; forthcoming :yay: :yay: :yay:

Im thinking Hangers, Hangers my drop in price dramatically as new planets come on line and more Hangers become available to the average Joe...

hangars i am sure will not be used for travel between planets and there will be no more hangars. The hangar pilot system is clearly a joke and MA will have a different system in place for travelling between planets.

They don`t care about average joe happily flying to other planets for a few peds. It will be exactly the opposite.

Back on topic - no news here. :)

I just read quickly through both documents and don't see any particularly significant changes. Some things I noted:

• Change in the rules for locking inactive accounts, which we already knew about
  • The rule about third party software has had its wording altered, though I can't see that the meaning is any different
  • New rule about using EU for deception - perhaps intended to be a more explicit prohibition of in-game scams?

Man, we will need an hour for each logon, having to read all those terms and rules....

:D:wtg::D

Calling my Lawer....afk a bit :D

Back