Embarassing! shame on MA.

Trying to equate vehicles in this RCE to a regular car game? Would have a game with vehicles having weapons, destroying each other as well as non vehicle people/mobs, specifically for getting to point A to B, profiting by taxi service, allowing storage for other in game actions.

Not just like any race sim, or car sim. If they add missions where you drive large amounts of (insert item name here), you'd have Grand Theft Auto, mixed with Crazy Taxi, mixed with Viginlante 8/Interstate 72/any car game with mounted guns.

Wonder how long before people use pylon shaped items to make race tracks for these things... could make events with prices for placing. I see a lot of useful potential for vehicles in this game. Including entertainment value.

MA only released a limited number of vehicles to each planet partner to give out for free

How would you have distributed them?

Rgds

Ace

MA only released a limited number of vehicles to each planet partner to give out for free

Rgds

Ace

I would have come up with some ideas..
*Leave some parked randomly in the desert/jungle/mountains for grabs
*create an easy mission that starts on a certain point of time with vehicles for first 200 back in.
*Drive around in a car in the wilderness and hand out to hunters and miners you encounter
*Walk around incognito and hand out to people that can answer a simple EU question
*whatever

But not this embarressing display if greed and lack of civilisation MA provoked by the players. It was like handing out water in a refugee camp

*Leave some parked randomly in the desert/jungle/mountains for grabs

*Drive around in a car in the wilderness and hand out to hunters and miners you encounter
*Walk around incognito and hand out to people that can answer a simple EU question
*whatever

But not this embarressing display if greed and lack of civilisation MA provoked by the players. It was like handing out water in a refugee camp
This I agree totally on, and the bold highlight are what I thought(hoping for) they were going to do, by reading the info they released.

jusr read the first page and nothing more to add... so now, we will stay by tps to get this kind of activity?... anyway gl and hf whit the new system.

Subscribing....

Trying to equate vehicles in this RCE to a regular car game?

Well, good point. Cars in other games only cost monopoly-money to use ;)

Vehicle required missions are not here (yet?).

Sure i guess they could be useful for hunting miners in lootable pvp or such, but for me the only use for it would be the pleasure of driving, and i can get that elsewhere. That's the point i was trying to make :)

Rgds

Ace

I would have given everyone a vehicle that expires in lets say 5 days or so after you start using it so everyone could try it out. I would have made it so that they couldn't be sold or tt'd. Thats fair and simple way to make sure everyone could test drive a vehicle.

I would feel more embarrassed for your fellow participants.

QFT. It's not the fault of MA that so many act in a greedy and not very mature manner.

At the 10 PED christmas giveaway, colonists formed a line and the lot was distributed fairly, quickly, and orderly.

I was on at 2 locations Emma was handing out cars this morning. At one of them I actually was in sight of her, but people kept crowding over the top and in front.

I may try again once I leave work, but I'm disheartened by the actions of my supposedly fellow colonists.

AG

I would have given everyone a vehicle that expires in lets say 5 days or so after you start using it so everyone could try it out. I would have made it so that they couldn't be sold or tt'd. Thats fair and simple way to make sure everyone could test drive a vehicle.

Yeah, i don't understand why they didn't just rewrote the whole item-system in order to make this one-time giveaway either. I mean, how many minutes can it take to implement and test such features in an application of several Gb... :rolleyes:

QFT. It's not the fault of MA that so many act in a greedy and not very mature manner.
I'm disheartened by the actions of my supposedly fellow colonists.
AG

So it boils down to a feeling of embarrasment for our fellow customers but theres two types of way to look at this.

1) its not FPC''s fault that the players behave like scavengers
2) its FPC''s fault that they create a situation where the players are starting to behave like neanderthals

I personally find it not necessery to create situations like these where all dignity and civilisation fails.

I posted it in another thread but will post it here again. I was in East Berlin in 1980 where people only could buy western luxuary goods with West German money, but those Marks where very very hard to get for them.
One of my fellow travellers then found it very funny to throw West Deutsch Marks on the floor for East Berlin habitants on Alexander Platz.
You could see the people throwing aside their dignity for those westmarks and got on their knees to pick them up..
It was painfull to watch, it looked like handing out bread in a starving Somalian refugeecamp
I found my travelcompagnon a disgusting asshole for that, and not the EastBerlin people.

Today I feelt the same watching the "" handout"" by Simon and Emma

I did sort of feel like I was in soup line. :ahh:

Glad I did what I planned during the weekend: go hunt and hope for them to drive past me (and for a nice return, but sadly nothing of the two happened)

then went to Zychion had some fun chatting with people there and building our own Flintstones car instead.

wow all this complaining is a tad amazing. :rolleyes:

You people do realize you're all getting worked up about an item that has a TT value of 17 ped (1.70 USD)....

Sweat for a few hours and buy one...:laugh:

I mean seriously...:rolleyes:

they are on auction for 300 ped + only atm :)

Yeah, i don't understand why they didn't just rewrote the whole item-system in order to make this one-time giveaway either. I mean, how many minutes can it take to implement and test such features in an application of several Gb... :rolleyes:

I didnt' realize it would be that difficult to do, I'm no game coder, just thought it would be a good idea. Oh well, I'll just continue to filter through all the posts of people complaining about not getting something for free.

5v5 in the PvP ring, winning team gets a car each.

Sounds better than pre-apocalyptic grab shopping trip.

Typical EF behaviour, MA release something that participants having been harping on about since day 1 and all the community (not all granted) can do is whine.

You truely don't deserve your memberships to EF. It would have been great if they had dotted them about the landscape, this would have been better then the crowdfest that occurred.

I didn't get a vehicle, am I whining about it? I say grats to those who managed to get Emma or Simon to trade them! An achievement in itself!

Typical EF behaviour, MA release something that participants having been harping on about since day 1 and all the community (not all granted) can do is whine.

You truely don't deserve your memberships to EF. It would have been great if they had dotted them about the landscape, this would have been better then the crowdfest that occurred.

I didn't get a vehicle, am I whining about it? I say grats to those who managed to get Emma or Simon to trade them! An achievement in itself!

Well you dont seem to have been here and being a loyal customer for 5-7 years or more like many of us have. And been treated like shit by MA and FPC (although FPC has shown some MINOR improvements lately) and been witnessing these types of clusterfucks over and over again. If you had you perhaps wouldnt be so happy either. :)

darkdreamgirl doesnt the the point either, like many people do.
I keep repeating myself so I might as well copy paste :)

everyone with 4 grams of brain could have forseen that this handout would be a disaster.
And not only a disaster because I couldn''t care one bit for that, and I dont care for a 2 dollar car I can very much afford myself if I want one, but Im furious about the attitude it shows from FPC against their ''valued'' playerbase.

THATS where I am acting against.
So stop talking about whinig this and whining that, about peds or decay or whatever, I dont care for that.

I DO care about FPC making fools out of their player base and let them beg for toys. I do care about how little respect FPC shows for grown up people who sometimes spend 1000ths of dollars on their game and let them chase dogbones like little kids.

I know its the playerbase that made fools out of themselves, but its FPC that created the situation to make that possible.

Well you dont seem to have been here and being a loyal customer for 5-7 years or more like many of us have.... *snip*... If you had you perhaps wouldnt be so happy either. :)
Then again, maybe she would, like some of us who HAS been a loyal customer for 5-7 years. You can't really know, can you? ;)

I know its the playerbase that made fools out of themselves, but its FPC that created the situation to make that possible.

It's a choice. To sell your soul/dignity for mammon. Sure you can blame the devil for buying, but signing the contract is entirely your own choice but if you do i don't see how it makes the devil more or less of a bad guy, if that makes any sense ;)

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who made the same prediction as you did and chose to stay away.

This reminds me of those guys at nightclub that just sit quiet in a corner, glaring at a girl, and wondering why it's so hard to find a GF.

If you want anything, show it.

It's a choice. To sell your soul/dignity for mammon. Sure you can blame the devil for buying, but signing the contract is entirely your own choice but if you do i don't see how it makes the devil more or less of a bad guy, if that makes any sense ;)

Well FPC/MA can be regarded as government/god/devil whatever you wanna name it here, since they and they alone decide what's happening in the world created and 100% ruled by them.
In the sametime that means they also have the keys to create a situation where morality plays a role, or just the opposite.

Mankind consists of 80% unwashed mashes with no or low morality or a mixture of that, saints are very rare in nowadays society.
In EU theres also the added ''value'' of many people with no or low means to deposit making a 17ped car with 600 ped markup a very desired object. For those people selling their soul is no point at all. They sell their soul or drop their pants at anytime.

What the fuck can you expect when you organize an ''event'' like this? Ofcourse people are getting on top of each other throwing away any dignity thats left to get that car.
Ofcourse FPC knew that from the start, they knew people would throw their dignity away for this. I bet they had a good laugh at HQ.

But where does that leave the customers that refuse to bend over and drop their pants for FPC?
I for one would not accept a car from them anymore even if they threw peds with it, they can shove it there where the sun never shines for all I care.
But I hold FPC responsible because THEY control this game and they play with their playerbase like god/devil with no regards whatsoever for the loyal (paying) customers.

This reminds me of those guys at nightclub that just sit quiet in a corner, glaring at a girl, and wondering why it's so hard to find a GF.

If you want anything, show it.

You picturing it wrong.

The proper scenario would be the guys sitting in the corner having Crystal bottles and Havannas on your table in front of you and the club owner charging you for using the bathroom.

The girls in this scenario come in free. Trust me on this one. I know it. :)

Then again, maybe she would, like some of us who HAS been a loyal customer for 5-7 years. You can't really know, can you? ;)

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who made the same prediction as you did and chose to stay away.

I said seem....

And also you havent played much games before have you? yes ofcourse your right about it's our choice but if you played any other games you should know how most of a playerbase behaves. And EU is no different.

I said seem....

And also you havent played much games before have you? yes ofcourse your right about it's our choice but if you played any other games you should know how most of a playerbase behaves. And EU is no different.

Actually, yes i have :)

And the EU playerbase is largely and thankfully more mature than most others, though there's still room for improvement.

You're good at assuming things about others, aren'tcha? ;)

But where does that leave the customers that refuse to bend over and drop their pants for FPC?
I for one would not accept a car from them anymore even if they threw peds with it, they can shove it there where the sun never shines for all I care.
But I hold FPC responsible because THEY control this game and they play with their playerbase like god/devil with no regards whatsoever for the loyal (paying) customers.

It leaves you to act in a mature and decent way and be patient. Everyone should take note that these are the first cars made available.

Everyone wants to be the first to use them because they are shiny and new and cool. If you want, you can wait the few weeks it will take for the market to operate correctly and then get your own vehicle at a normal rate.

Or you can try your luck in the mob.

You make a false equivalence to your friend who threw money to people who were treated poorly by a fascist government while this situation is more akin to a Black Friday event in the US. People are killed in the US to get their cheap deals
In 2008, 34-year-old Jdimytai Damour, a Long Island Walmart temporary employee, was trampled to death after frenzied shoppers smashed through the store's front doors. According to police, officers who arrived to perform CPR on the dying man were also stepped on and injured, as was a pregnant woman.[19]
Link

It leaves you to act in a mature and decent way and be patient. Everyone should take note that these are the first cars made available.

Everyone wants to be the first to use them because they are shiny and new and cool. If you want, you can wait the few weeks it will take for the market to operate correctly and then get your own vehicle at a normal rate.

Or you can try your luck in the mob.

You make a false equivalence to your friend who threw money to people who were treated poorly by a fascist government while this situation is more akin to a Black Friday event in the US. People are killed in the US to get their cheap deals Link

its a sad excample of how even intelligent people go retard once there is a personal gain to get... The mayority of the whiners here would prolly blame the shopkeeper for having a sale..:(:rolleyes:

1 more thing, and i'm out of here.

For those blaming MA, all i'm gonna say is, MA may have created the opportunity, but it's your fellow participants behaving like children...;)

and its our right to react like we wish since WE ARE THE PAYING CUSTOMERS. In my opinion this has nothing to do with beeing chieldish, but with f**ked up provider action followed by a f**ked up customer reaction. This makes perfect sense to me and i find it healthy for both sides to get to know each other better.

Back