Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EFD Poll Option

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters

Derid

Prowler
Society
Antipodean Army
So, I am getting real close to my sweating goal and starting to panic about what I am going to do. :grumble:

I will be used TT equipment and no amps. (This will be for a long time, planning on a lowbudget eco mining and from what I gather, it's the TT equipment unamped that is the way to go then).

To the point now, what should I go for, Ore or Enmatter mining? Or both?

I will be sweating to cover losses, so hope to be able to cycle the same amount on every mining run I do. I had some plans to go for Enmatter mining so I can produce my own ME and sell that.

So, what is your thought? Enmatter, Ore or Both?

Would love some input on return possibilities for the both and so on.

Thanks in advance.

Derid el nubie not yet miner but soon to be miner

IMHO you should start with enmatter it is a bit cheaper and you first need to create you own "know how".
Then you could switch to ore or do both.

Searching for nexus is good idea. I recommend segna forest location (probably the whole "snowy" island) and Treasure island mostly northeast part

I would say enmatter beacuse the probs are cheaper than bombs :wtg:

I would say enmatter beacuse the probs are cheaper than bombs :wtg:

Same, I would say enmatter. Only reason is because you can drop twice as many as you would with bombs.

it depends on how low budget you are :)

my guess would be:

below 500 peds: enmater
beteween 500 and 1000: ore
Above 1000: both

it depends on how low budget you are :)

my guess would be:

below 500 peds: enmater
beteween 500 and 1000: ore
Above 1000: both

should be around 200 peds when initial investment in tools are done.

Everyone is saying enmat but i have to disagree. While its true ore can be more expensive, i personally find it more exciting. Generally larger claim sizes and you get to use bombs, BOMBS! What self respecting person doesn't find blowing holes in the ground exciting!?:yay:

Everyone is saying enmat but i have to disagree. While its true ore can be more expensive, i personally find it more exciting. Generally larger claim sizes and you get to use bombs, BOMBS! What self respecting person doesn't find blowing holes in the ground exciting!?:yay:

Couldnt agree more.

It´s only easier to break even with enmatter if you know what you are doing else you will still loose peds :D. There is a higher chance for a tower in ores :)

Oh I think it´s hard enough to master one profession in mining. If you cant make it in surveying what makes you think you can make it in prospecting? If you are making it in surveying, why do prospecting? :dunno:

Last edited:
If you got low budget (non depo for example) -> Enmat

If you got good budget -> Both

It depends on your PEDroll when you start. If you got 50-100 PED I'd vote for enmatter only. Well I have never dropped a bomb yet, at 6.5 prospecting. It may not be exciting but it works.

The real challenge in mining is learning to sell your loot for proper MU. :cool: Staying afloat by selling to traders? Forget it.

Generally larger claim sizes

and less finds, so much bigger fluctuations and differences in return :)

(at least I think I get less finds? :laugh:)

I voted enmatter because it's cheaper, however, it is a matter of perspective.

TT returns should be about the same on either, only while mining ore, you'll cycle money twice as fast as when mining enmatter, but again this is not the whole truth. Ore mining is more popular than enmatter, thus supply is greater, which is also the reason that enmatter often has higher MU.

So the choice is simple, on should go for enmatter? Well... I really don't know, I can only say that I rarely mine enmatter.

random thoughts:

1. You'll skill faster and get more with fewer drops with ores because of larger claim sizes (e.g. 3 finds with ores will be larger, on average, than 6 finds in ents.)

2. Some people are luckier in ores, some are luckier in ents...you won't know until you try. Personally, I'm luckier in ores on planet and luckier in ents on CND. Other people, on the other hand, have no luck in mining at all. I had bad luck in ents, went broke 3 times, switched to ores, rebounded, and then started doing well in ents after unlocking cga. Right now, I'm on the verge of my ent skills overtaking my ore skills, even though I did ores 2 years longer.

3. Imho, I think the entire game is geared towards sweaters being unable to survive. My advice would be to depo before trying to actually take on a profession, otherwise you're going to have long stretches of near inactivity with 2-3 minutes of actual playing.

on your low budget enmatter is the way to go i think (longer fun).

mining your on nexus is also a good idea.

Personally when I started I tried Hunting and mining. Found mining a ton of fun. Stuck with Ore because the old sounds of "beep beep beep BOOOM" was awesome at 3am

Only globalled twice, tried Enmat for a short period of time and very nearly globalled within the first 100 Probes.
Though from my calcs Enmat would have had me in the green since starting, I will still stick to Ore when I get back.(Provided the old sounds come back)

But I guess depends on your budget, I don't have a large budget, did about 1k Peds every 3 months depo or so.
And I could Mine Ore, Hunt and buy some ammo/armor and repairs in those 3 months, which I guess is pretty good. Considering I am the type of person that loves screwing around...

it is all about CASH :twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:

btw ... filling wholes is more exciting I think :inbed:

Back