Entire NI Staff let go. New Direction.

I wonder if you mine that much or talk to many of those decent miners, just because people are getting globals on RT does not mean they are doing well. Mining on RT is a challenge, and if RT was doing that well why did MA have to rebalance the ores and nerf mining on calypso so that RT became more attractive for a while? Recently things got even worse when ND in his infinite wisdom decided to flood the planet with RT specific enmatters that, when refined, cant even be sold on auction, and did this before the BP's were released that make use of the increase in resources.

You should have known that it is a bug so that refined enmatter cannot be sold in auction. NVD has just known about it and he is fixing it asap. You can read on RT forum to know about this matter. Globaling does not mean they are doing well, and I am more than qualified to know that, I have cycled as much peds in this game as any other players to know about that. But it shows how active the miners are on that planet.

I hope that the new NI team listen to players more than the old one.

You should have known that it is a bug so that refined enmatter cannot be sold in auction. NVD has just known about it and he is fixing it asap. You can read on RT forum to know about this matter. Globaling does not mean they are doing well, and I am more than qualified to know that, I have cycled as much peds in this game as any other players to know about that. But it shows how active the miners are on that planet.

I hope that the new NI team listen to players more than the old one.

i have read RT forum and ND saying that he had no idea that refined enmatters could not be sold on auction, how long has RT and these enmatters existed and nobody at team ND knew or did anything about it? There were no support cases sent to team ND in the past? :)
i dont want to argue i just wanted to point out the mining is not all roses on RT and that RT seems to have serious problems of its own at the moment, i doubt MA changed/nerfed ores on calypso and upsetting a lot of LA owners and miners without a very pressing need to support ND and RT :)
many of those active miners you speak of (but not all) hopped planets only after this nerf of calypso mining.

There are many problems on the forums, less on the planets.

There are many problems on the forums, less on the planets.
Yes, that's the truth. However, the false rumors are a reality inside the game too. We can safely assume hundreds of people have decide not to visit NI only based on those rumors. No wonder, if everybody keeps telling you it's a noob planet with a broken crafting system, what would u expect...

Nah, i have a better plan! :D
How many TP's with monkeys is on NI? About 4-5 out of 84?
And how many TP's with daikibas/shinkibas on Caly? About 3-4 out of.. whatever we got atm?
So, let's start another rumor for all the Ark, Rock, NI and Cyrene people:

Caly is a planet of stupid daikibas!

... and then we can proceed directly to raising funds for the merciful Death Star shot. ;)

Almost forgot, here's one "Stupid Monkey", a souvenir from the Sacred Grounds TP on the "Noob Island". It has kindly agreed to visit your dreams from time to time. :tongue2:
sacredgrounds.jpg

Yes, that's the truth. However, the false rumors are a reality inside the game too. We can safely assume hundreds of people have decide not to visit NI only based on those rumors. No wonder, if everybody keeps telling you it's a noob planet with a broken crafting system, what would u expect...

I had a lot of fun when i visited NI for a while, ancient greece is really good too, its funny reading people saying they miss things like tp runs and entropia without vehicles when it exists only a short visit away :)

So they fired all two of their staff then? (not counting the janitor) They need people that know the mechanics of the game and can get some resemblance of a local economy going. I've always liked the potential of NI and enjoy the place but they've always had their priorities in the wrong place when developing most of the content. I hope to think this can only be good news.

About noob friendly, RT has the best noob mob for noob hunter with guaranteed profit, the Vixen robot, not the punny around PA.

Most male entropia players do not wish to shoot almost half naked women, even if they lash with their nails, It's such a waste of the almost half naked women.
And a puny mob is still .. a puny mob

And a puny mob is still .. a puny mob

That is a rather ignorant statement.
Entropia is about markets and opertunities, if you understood that then you would not have made the statement.

A puny mob is a dumbed down version of real mobs on Calypso, for the most part they lack any practical economical purpose other than to be easy for new players to hunt.

In direct contrast to that though, on each of the new planets you will find equally low lvl mobs designed to work with the local economies to create differing opertunities for new and old players alike.

A new player on the new planets can choose a balance between very low lvl mobs (with high regen) in order to skill very quickly at the early stages. (these mobs tend to have lower markup loot but a crazy high skill bonus) Or they can choose other low lvl mobs that drop resources that are in demand by local crafters and actually work within the economy.

The correct thing for you to have said would have been,
Puny mobs are only on Calypso
or
I don't understand the foreign markets
or
I don't like other planets
etc....

But what you imply is certainly not true in this universe that we play.

narfi

fifth said:
Caly is a planet of stupid daikibas!

Last edited:
hmm that's sad since the NI devs finally seemed to start to move in the right direction in the last few months. Well maybe the next team won't waste a year before they really get started. :tongue2: If there is a next team that is...

Aaah not dead, just twitching.

Hope that NI can get itself back on track, the place is very scenic and time zones are cool.

The amount of different crystals there in loot is kinda over the top, crafting took ages to start any headway on due to no development. The lack of craftable stuff initially was main reason for low activity there i think, without buyers and crafters there was no economy.

Would be nice to see it turn around and succeed.

I concur with this.

I love the place, even the monkeys, I loved the monkey missions/waves. Spent many peds there and in ancient greece from day one. Some of the "pens" and land areas are very cool, shame most have no idea what they are, or how fun they can be. I havn't died as much in a day as in one of the big boar pens in a few hours, and I loved it.

The reason I am not there more, is economy. There wasn't for the longest time really anything to keep me there beyond my enjoyment (and I do enjoy NI) and some loot, which generally will not have much markup value there, since there is not much demand. And like he said, the amount of unused materials is a bit high on the storage count. Its getting better, but its got alot more room to improve.

Planets need to survive, and players should realize the impact carefully.

Crafting is a major component to the economy. Planets thrive, when there is a need to use the material.

RT use and demand has gone up in the last few months, largely due to some blueprints they released, mineral restructuring, and the demand these create.

Arkadia flourished, because they had cause for demand of their own material covered in short order, this is why they are doing so well imo. They also had more variety of blueprints faster.

Cyrene looks like they do have a small crafting start and a plan, despite all systems not in full effect.

NI crafting just isn't competitive, slowly coming to be, but was stagnant for too long.

When there are so few crafting options, it suffocates the entire purpose of the planet. There is not much to differentiate NI from a LA in its current state. Only on NI, you have many materials with a theoretically better value later, instead of stuff that gets a markup now on other planets.

Shame these people lost their jobs, but obviously there are reasons for such things. If they were in Arkadias position, I don't think this would have happened. I think Deathifier is doing the right but terribly hard thing for a business in such a state.

He seemed to allude to being treated unequally as well, its an easy feeling to get, and a crappy one, when the people with power(money), or too many under your own control, interfere with the goals you set out with in your own business.

People also forget, that deals like these usually have investors, and they could care less about us, they invest for the return. period. No reasonable return, then they TT the plan, and throw the money at something that gets a return or grows faster. Investors hold the cards, and when they want a change, they pretty much get it.

I would guess a Land deed on NI would yield .40-.50 pec a week. If I had that return, I'd be looking to get new staff too.

This is very often the reason for drastic changes like these. And usually, a needed one.
It usually provides a critical wake-up call to learn from. So it may be a good thing.

NI is essentially passive income, on some level it could make it without employees, and still be paying enough principal and interest. So hope is not all gone, especially if they focus on the economy.

I hope they can get it worked out.

I dont understand most PP's. As if most of them are not even skilled to work in gaming industry :) Only Arkadia si heading the right way atm.

I dont understand most PP's. As if most of them are not even skilled to work in gaming industry :) Only Arkadia si heading the right way atm.

But it seems a muzzle has been put on the Ark team. They were doing wonderfully, then seems MA started making them tow the company line. All of a sudden bugs are not getting fixed, communication has effectively ceased. The Ark team were making the Caly team look like retards so I guess the honeymoon is over now.

How can you understand as your not a pp and you dont know what rules or what MA tools you are given.

It's a good news that the current NI team got fired. We don't like them at all, even Meg is a nice person, but this is business not some kindergarten. The old team ignored all players' ideas and comments, stubborn following their own stupid direction.

"stubborn following their own stupid direction" ... more like David Post's? Anyways, they now have zero development, and in practice, their new direction can only be "do nothing" for at least 6 months. Last time they dropped dev team it actually took longer than that to get any results. Unless the new direction includes contracting Neverdie again.

Anyways, say goodbye to all of teh look and feel and the storylines and missions so far.

"stubborn following their own stupid direction" ... more like David Post's? Anyways, they now have zero development, and in practice, their new direction can only be "do nothing" for at least 6 months. Last time they dropped dev team it actually took longer than that to get any results. Unless the new direction includes contracting Neverdie again.

Anyways, say goodbye to all of teh look and feel and the storylines and missions so far.

I think people make a bit of a mistake when lumping the dev team together as one entity, the creative side and the business/in game economics are quite separate, or should be, and i dont really think the sound designer or creative writer (a example) can be held responsible for a lack of success, and i agree that sacking the whole team seems short sighted, but if it is true that the reason for the sacking is a financing/investment deal not going through i dont think the problem is that the owners were not satisfied with the creative side of things. Personally speaking if i compare the look and feel of NI to RT i really hope they dont make the mistake of re-contracting team ND.

But it seems a muzzle has been put on the Ark team. They were doing wonderfully, then seems MA started making them tow the company line. All of a sudden bugs are not getting fixed, communication has effectively ceased.

I don't get that impression at all. I think it was pretty clear from the most recent interview that this summer wouldn't see any content updates until August. Give them a break, they've worked their butts off this year so far.

I think people make a bit of a mistake when lumping the dev team together as one entity, the creative side and the business/in game economics are quite separate, or should be, and i dont really think the sound designer or creative writer (a example) can be held responsible for a lack of success, and i agree that sacking the whole team seems short sighted, but if it is true that the reason for the sacking is a financing/investment deal not going through i dont think the problem is that the owners were not satisfied with the creative side of things. Personally speaking if i compare the look and feel of NI to RT i really hope they dont make the mistake of re-contracting team ND.

I would not be to worried about NDS getting involved they have there own house to sort out. They have only just sorted out there ores/emmatters and still got their loot, bps and missions to sort out. So they got handsful dealing with their own shit.

Personally speaking if i compare the look and feel of NI to RT i really hope they dont make the mistake of re-contracting team ND.

You do realise that 99% of everything on NI was designed by NDS Right?

This is so funny.

- People bash NI because it was designed by Neverdie.
- People want to roll back to ND's design because it was better.

Ah, this is the magic of forums at work.

This is so funny.

- People bash NI because it was designed by Neverdie.
- People want to roll back to ND's design because it was better.

Ah, this is the magic of forums at work.

If irony was a vitamin, the forum would contain 1000% of your daily dose!! :laugh:

Designed or made by NDS? I know most of it was made by NDS, but was the concept and design theirs, or did they just make what they where told to make?

Obviously, this forum was not designed by NDS.

No i didnt, thank you for pointing out what a idiot i am ;)
after being away from the game for 2 years i had a lot of catching up to do, i was under the impression that NDS only had some early involvement.

Shame these people lost their jobs, but obviously there are reasons for such things. If they were in Arkadias position, I don't think this would have happened. I think Deathifier is doing the right but terribly hard thing for a business in such a state.

I think you might have people mixed up a little - David Post owns and manages Next Island, not me.

I'm actually quite sad to hear about Next Islands issues as I believe it is very important that Entropia has multiple well-developed planets.

It's also sad to hear that people have lost their jobs :(

- Deathifier

Designed or made by NDS? I know most of it was made by NDS, but was the concept and design theirs, or did they just make what they where told to make?

Well ofc it was David posts concept etc but NDS was the original dev team and did the bulk of the work. I would assume they had a fair level of creative freedom too since thats the best way to get great results from an artist.

Well ofc it was David posts concept etc but NDS was the original dev team and did the bulk of the work. I would assume they had a fair level of creative freedom too since thats the best way to get great results from an artist.
The whole ND island screams "Disneyland!!!" right to your face. On all the rest of NI (including AG) you can't find a trace of this "trademark ND style" anywhere.

There's 2 different worlds on that planet, each with it's own atmosphere, play-style and design. Once you have realized this, the question which studio was it exactly that created each part becomes irrelevant.

On all the rest of NI (including AG) you can't find a trace of this "trademark ND style" anywhere.

I would call "Club Neverdie" on NI a trace...:yup:

Back