Entropia Character - Change Avatar Appearence

The-Onciest

Prowler
Society
Global Alliance Guard
Onciest Dropkick Advrise
Hey guys,

Getting real frustrated with this. Everytime I log in, I see that my character has been severely mangled by one of the previous updates. I attempt to recreate my character, but I force shut down Entropia window in sudden annoyance that I have to do it from scratch every time when I spent a long time even recording it on video. How ever I cannot recreate it because it was from my old character base in the previous VU before that. So the settings are different and I can't follow the video. >_<

So what do I do?! I don't want to play because my character has a weird posture and that stuff really affects my gameplay. -_-

Halp.

Maybe it's time to put aside the old video and rethink the image from scratch :)

<--- this guy looks completely different with each major avatar system overhaul, it takes a bit of time to get used to him each time, but in the end I like him even more.

I'm on my 4th avatar now. One was horrible. My current one I took some time over and looks quite good I think.

Each one looked different, and I've had to accept that.

As the years go by, my real world body ages.

In the world of Entropia, I suffer more hardships, and so, my Entropian body ages even faster. The Wollo of today is nowhere similar to the young and handsome young man who first set foot on Calypsian soil.

I just wish I wouldn't get that red avatar creation window on every login. I made a new avatar after last VU and thought MA took the option away after a few weeks.

I thought by clicking OK one more time, which would bring me to the room again and then saving my new avatar look once more, would get rid of it for good. But all I get is some generic avatar as a start and not the one I created before. So I canceled and left. And the red window pops up again and again. Is this a bug or is there another solution to get rid of it?

I just wish I wouldn't get that red avatar creation window on every login. I made a new avatar after last VU and thought MA took the option away after a few weeks.

I thought by clicking OK one more time, which would bring me to the room again and then saving my new avatar look once more, would get rid of it for good. But all I get is some generic avatar as a start and not the one I created before. So I canceled and left. And the red window pops up again and again. Is this a bug or is there another solution to get rid of it?

Don't cancel, choose accept and then you won't keep getting it as soon as you have used up your number of retries.
Candy

Don't cancel, choose accept and then you won't keep getting it as soon as you have used up your number of retries.
Candy

And he will end up with generic avatar :). What he says is, if you have unused recreation attempt left and try to use it now, avatar creation room don't keep you current appearance.

I had the same issue, but I have a backup video with all settings so just repeated them once more in a minute and accepted the last time after that. In your case the only solution is probably to ask support to switch it off.

And he will end up with generic avatar :). What he says is, if you have unused recreation attempt left and try to use it now, avatar creation room don't keep you current appearance.

I had the same issue, but I have a backup video with all settings so just repeated them once more in a minute and accepted the last time after that. In your case the only solution is probably to ask support to switch it off.

Right Svarog. During those weeks where we could change our avatars I was not getting the "current saved appearance" anyway when I went back in there. I always had to start out again with one of those terrible default avatars and not the looks I had when I went in there. So I tweaked the dude in one long session until I liked him and didn't bother anymore. And still now, accepting to go back in does the same as before...I always get a default avatar and not my current look. So I don't want to save that, just to get rid of the red window. I just hit the X and run. :D

I have my avatar settings saved too, but some of them are not available anymore [only in the beauty chair now I guess], so my look would change again with whatever setting I chose instead. And I can't be assed to fiddle with those again. There is the checkbox "don't ask me again" in that red window, which should make it go away for good. BUT checking it doesn't seem to help. It keeps asking me again and again.

I'll do a "repair" the next time I'll log in, maybe it's a corrupt file on my HD or a bug with my avatar. No big deal right now anyway, because I log in once a month maybe. Just thought I'd ask if others have the same bug.
And I'm only willing to ask the so called support, if hell freezes over. ;)

Anyway, thanks for your and Candy's reply. :)

I noticed on my log-in there is a check-box that says "Don't show this again". I am tempted to check it because I like the way I look well enough. But I have not checked it yet and I see the red box pop-up every time I log-in.

You guys were actually a lot of help in this. After spending a lot of time away from this world, I'm going to start an avatar from scratch, however I did record myself creating the avatar and then uploaded it hehe. It's here on the forums actually, this is it.

-

http://youtu.be/_gTerLHQXgY

Back