Entropia got even more mysterious: "???" everywhere!

Coelacanth

Stalker
Coelacanth Coelacanth Maryka
So I wait about 25 minutes or so last night for all the updates to download, and finally click "Launch". I see the new login screen, meh...but get a chuckle when the only text I see in the window is "???". "Good ole MA", I think, and their amazing programming. But the joke was evidently on me. Once I'm logged in, practically everywhere I look is missing text, blank boxes, or the now-ubiquitous "???"! WTF?!

Link to full-size image:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/8/5/4/missingtext3.jpg

I already submitted a bug report...case closed already, solution to download the installer and do a "repair install". Uh-oh...anybody else have this happen?

missingtext1.jpg

missingtext2.jpg

missingtext3.jpg

Are you somehow missing a font in your system?

Uninstall, re-install.

Are you somehow missing a font in your system?
I haven't had this issue ever, and I've been playing since 2002. It just happened after downloading & installing the latest VU last night. So if a font suddenly went missing, what's to blame? :rolleyes:

Besides...thinking logically, I don't think it's a font issue, more of a game item/info identity problem. The various lines in auction should all have the same font; but some appear, some are blank. Furthermore, why would everything be changed to simply three question marks, if it was a font issue? I believe something must've been corrupted in the VU patch download process and it caused this. (Though the patch seemed to download & install without any problems.)

UPDATE: MA Support suggested to re-download the installer from the Entropia Universe site, run it and choose the "Repair" option.

1) There WAS no "Repair" option, anywhere.

2) I just re-ran the installer, I didn't uninstall the game first. It seemed to re-download some stuff, and took quite a bit longer than usual after I launched the game for the login screen to appear, but about 5 minutes after I downloaded the installer, I was looking at a proper login screen with no missing text or "???". Logged in successfully, everything in the game was fixed. *Phew*

So as I suspected, something must've been corrupted while downloading the VU patch 2 nights ago, that caused all the item identity info to go missing or blank. I am really fortunate I didn't have to uninstall and spend an hour or two re-downloading everything to reinstall EU.

Back