Entropia isn't a religion

Mikeemooo

Old Alpha
Society
Groene Draeck
Mikee Mikeemoo Moo
I don't want to upset you Lootius follows - I respect all religions - but does anyone have any actual evidence of ANY of the loot theories posted?

The closest I've seen so far is JohnCapital's return rate thread, but that's not conclusive

A lot of people (myself included) talk about sine waves for loot distribution, but I've not seen ANY evidence to support this.

One of my own charts could've suggested a sine wave..

profitlossfeffs.gif

But with such a limited data set you could draw many conclusions.

Does anyone have any LONG TERM and detailed data to support any of this?

I read so many threads with people convinced that their theory is correct, but with no actual data to support it and no idea how other influences change things. Some even suggesting that others are 'stupid' for not realising it.

Sure, you could say loot is a sine wave, but is it time based? kill based? per individual mob type? maturity? location?? would two people hunting in the same area feel the same wave? how is this effected by skill? by gear used? by teaming??

It's very easy just to suggest a theory ignoring all these factors, and you could probably get lucky and find that your limited data fits this trend....

Last edited:
Published loot theories are all about having fun on the forum really, rather than trying to openly crack the system (if possible) that would change soon after you proved it.

You have a good data set there. Looks like you have cost and loot data for 1000 feffs. If you take your data and make an x,y scatter graph with y as loot per mob and x as either # shots to kill (hit + crits) or cost to kill or damage done you should see something interesting.

Blasphemer! Thou shalt be stoned to revival for thou insolence! Amen Lootius! :bowdown:

Back