Entropia mentioned at TED 2010.

Dalas

Prowler
Society
Death Unlimited
Luke Dalas Cambridge
Hey guys.

I just watched one of the many TED talks from this year and discovered this little mention of Entropia. This is the first time I've seen it referred to so directly anywhere. Usually it's people who don't really know what they're on about who just gloss over the virtual worlds idea with other crap. Also it's a rather interesting in general!

"About this talk

We're bringing gameplay into more aspects of our lives, spending countless hours -- and real money -- exploring virtual worlds for imaginary treasures. Why? As Tom Chatfield shows, games are perfectly tuned to dole out rewards that engage the brain and keep us questing for more.
"

very interesting thread, thanks for sharing

Nice Find!

I love TED!

Great Ted!!!!!! like usual

excellent really.

subscribing so i can see it at home

Exactly how EU works (Well not only EU...)
I would like to see more collaboration between players. Aside from hunters and miners selling their things to crafters of course.

Mission / quest collaboration!
Missions for multiple people, where, for example, 5 people join up and each get their own task/job/function. Would definitely increase the fun factor and social collaboration!

Great find!

Usually it's people who don't really know what they're on about who just gloss over the virtual worlds idea with other crap. Also it's a rather interesting in general!

Actually, most academics and people in the 'know' are aware of Entropia. It's just they have a negative view of it - often due to Mindark's shady advertising methods (press releases about bank licensing and the annual 'big' sale for example.)

Man that dude is annoying its like listing to a morse code generator.

I'll have to watch that one when i get home. Most TED talks are pretty good.

Good video was interesting, good find

good speech and lot of nice info, but omg at the monotone voice.

EU at TED

I'm an avid watcher of TED and a video that caught my eye mentioned CP in EU (just for you EU junkies that love for their favorite planet to get attention)... great video too btw EU would do well to hire this guy to maybe find a way to increase player enjoyment and retention :ahh:.

link to vid: TED

Back