Entropia on macbooks

minim

Elite
Society
Rangers
Mini MiniM Mine
Since Apple MacBooks are so superior it sucks having to get a windows laptop just to play. Has anyone got Entropia running on the new M2 chip in some way? I’m even considering playing via remote to not have to travel with my windows laptop but some places still have slow internet and then remote solutions are super slow.

You aren't able to use bootcamp to have your Mac running windows?

Oh just read you can't use Bootcamp for M2 chips lol, I'm seeing other solutions for virtualization though.

Seeing this as a viable solution: https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

Tried it on my macbook pro m1 once, works fine on parrallels with low settings to check auction or other things but wouldn't do large hunting sessions on it. Still preffer running it on windows or linux.

You aren't able to use bootcamp to have your Mac running windows?

Oh just read you can't use Bootcamp for M2 chips lol, I'm seeing other solutions for virtualization though.

Seeing this as a viable solution: https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/
Yeah it doesn’t work on the new ones. I have a HUAWEI matebook pro now that does the job. I switched from an old MacBook Pro that I could run boot camp on. I haven’t bought the new M2 yet since I need to be able to play and won’t get one if I can’t find a ok solution. The matebook feels like a downgrade from the MacBook. Shitty touchpad, bad sound, takes forever to wake from sleep +++ so I’d really like to switch back ^^

Have anyone tested parallels+Entropia?

The matebook feels like a downgrade from the MacBook. Shitty touchpad, bad sound, takes forever to wake from sleep
I mean obviously a shitty knockoffs is going to be worse than a high quality device.

Something you can dot hat i do, is I have a cheap Windows laptop that has a gtx 1650 in it that was about $400. You should be able to find a laptop with a decent enough GPU during black friday for 350-450. I also use team viewer from work from my macbook to play from my desktop.

Other then that, yeah Parralels works good as well. You could do bigger hunts with it honestly. As I have. I mean shit, how difficult is it to press f every so often and heal every so often? I did it for months on end.

I mean obviously a shitty knockoffs is going to be worse than a high quality device.

Something you can dot hat i do, is I have a cheap Windows laptop that has a gtx 1650 in it that was about $400. You should be able to find a laptop with a decent enough GPU during black friday for 350-450. I also use team viewer from work from my macbook to play from my desktop
yeah I used a remote desktop app on my work macbook until HR sent me a message asking why I had that installed and to remove it :mad:

yeah I used a remote desktop app on my work macbook until HR sent me a message asking why I had that installed and to remove it :mad:
HA! you use your work macbook XD My guy.... come on meow.

Something you can dot hat i do, is I have a cheap Windows laptop that has a gtx 1650 in it that was about $400. You should be able to find a laptop with a decent enough GPU during black friday for 350-450. I also use team viewer from work from my macbook to play from my desktop.

Other then that, yeah Parralels works good as well. You could do bigger hunts with it honestly. As I have. I mean shit, how difficult is it to press f every so often and heal every so often? I did it for months on end.
The matebook has good enough hardware to run Entropia i just can’t stand using it. Price is almost the same as a MacBook also so it’s a pricey knock off :p I can feel myself grow older as I open the lid and wait for it to wake among other things. Traveling a lot and I already have work+private laptop so bringing a third isn’t an option as the bag is heavy enough to bring around on airports.

it doesn’t take much to run Entropia that’s right. I don’t have high demands either as I always play in low settings to not have all that annoying vegetation and other useless stuff so high performance isn’t needed :)

The matebook has good enough hardware to run Entropia i just can’t stand using it. Price is almost the same as a MacBook also so it’s a pricey knock off :p I can feel myself grow older as I open the lid and wait for it to wake among other things. Traveling a lot and I already have work+private laptop so bringing a third isn’t an option as the bag is heavy enough to bring around on airports.

it doesn’t take much to run Entropia that’s right. I don’t have high demands either as I always play in low settings to not have all that annoying vegetation and other useless stuff so high performance isn’t needed :)
Yeah the matebooks specs are fine, but if you're impatient with loading times on it, maybe it isn't fine lmao. I mean my $300 lenovo ideapad probably runs circles around it. Boot time is under 3 seconds and it's a complete piece of shit.

I would suggest to use shadow cloud gaming for 30 bucks a month you can stream a gaming computer to your macbook, thats how i play on my iphone at work

I would suggest to use shadow cloud gaming for 30 bucks a month you can stream a gaming computer to your macbook, thats how i play on my iphone at work
Is it really 30 bucks a month now? Couldve sworn it was way cheaper like 15-20 but that was around 2 years ago I think

Is it really 30 bucks a month now? Couldve sworn it was way cheaper like 15-20 but that was around 2 years ago I think
Back in 2020 you could get a tier at about $14/month. I used it for a short time, then decided to just upgrade my PC. I think these days you can only get the $30/month tier. It is a great service, but a little pricey.

Well i get my monies worth at 30 dollars a month since i play every day at 1$ a day especially to hunt or mine even tho its a slower pace it allows me to be online whenever i need to away from home

Do yall just not like team viewer or chrome cast? Shits free.

Yeah the matebooks specs are fine, but if you're impatient with loading times on it, maybe it isn't fine lmao. I mean my $300 lenovo ideapad probably runs circles around it. Boot time is under 3 seconds and it's a complete piece of shit.
nah it's just a windows thing so i won't get rid of it by getting another one I would just have one more problem :p

Back