Entropia outside the universe! :D

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
This is a thread for posting places you have seen stuff/names that reminded you of Entropia :D or just is the same ;)

I will make a list of the ones found, pictures are welcome :)

Clicking the name-links in the list will take you to the source where I found it (or the post in this thread that mentioned it). You are responsible for your own computer safety in clicking these links, but I have only visited sites that were OK according to my anti-virus.

Argos - British company where you can order stuff.
Argonauts - From the ancient story Jason and the Argonauts. A lot of other things have also been named after the argonauts (wikipedia link).
Argonauts - Toronto Argonauts, sports team.
Ashi - American Society of Home Inspectors.
Ashi - Meaning "reward" in the Avestan language.
Atrox - Norwegian metal band.

Boorum - Maker of office calendars and such (company name is Boorum & Pease).
Cape Corinth - Place in Goa.

Calypso - Moon of Saturn.
Calypso - An orchid genus.
Chirpy - Animated short movie.

Entropia - An album by progressive metal band Pain of Salvation.
Entropa - Satirical sculpture.

Feff - A pretty unknown band.
Force Nexus - A place where the force is particulary strong (from Star Wars).
Fort Fury - Map in Far Cry 2 extra content with this name.

Hof - Places in Germany, Iceland and Norway.

Meckel & Loch - Heckler & Koch
Merp - Middle Earth Role Playing.
Minopolis - Austrian theme park.

Oshiri - Arse/bottom in Japanese.

Pandora - Planet in the Avatar movie.
PED - Personal Electronic Devices (from a Delta Airlines video terminal).
PED - "No PED crossing" from San Fransisco.

Televator - Button for calling elevator at Roskilde Scandic Hotel.
Turp - Slang for alcohol.
Trox - A genus of beetles.
TT - Audi TT.
Twin Peaks - American TV-series.

Last edited:
Reserved, just in case! ;)

Deposit- at my bank

also, when ever i come up wiht extra income i measure it in global,hof, or ath status.. am i skick.. probably.. do i need help? NO !!! I CAN CONTROL IT ON MY OWN!! STAY AWAY!!! ... LOLZ

Last edited:
Here you have an old picture from me, posted it here in 2007 (not sure)

Found in Scandic Hotell, Roskilde, Denmark.

It's the button who calls the elevator. It was named Televator.

I have been an Australian for 25 years and never, ever, heard the term "Turps" for booze.

-BoogZ :)

I have been an Australian for 25 years and never, ever, heard the term "Turps" for booze.

I found it in several places actually :silly2: started with searching for "turp" @ yahoo.com :) confirmed with urbandictionary

I found it in several places actually :silly2: started with searching for "turp" @ yahoo.com :) confirmed with urbandictionary

Nope, still not seeing it, i think with all the years and booze, i would have heard of it, also, i click your turps link, and it doesent mention booze.
Any Aussies wanna back me up? maybe the reallllly poor folk drink turpentine as booze, that may be where u/we are getting confused.?

Nope, still not seeing it, i think with all the years and booze, i would have heard of it, also, i click your turps link, and it doesent mention booze.
Any Aussies wanna back me up? maybe the reallllly poor folk drink turpentine as booze, that may be where u/we are getting confused.?

Well I found "turpentine" as a possible as well... did ya check urban dictionary? :) might be wikipedia that is wrong about it being Australian though, so I'll just edit it until we know further ;)

1. turps 39 up, 3 down
any alchohol, beer, wine and spirits
i got on the turps last night

Wikipedia:
Turps may refer to several things, primarily paint solvents:

Turpentine, or wood turpentine, the organic solvent derived from tree resin; it is a traditional solvent used by painters
White spirit, which is a petroleum-based replacement for the vegetable-based organic solvent turpentine
Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP), a surgical procedure to perform a prostatectomy
Australian slang for alcoholic beverages, as in "on the turps"

Well I found "turpentine" as a possible as well... did ya check urban dictionary? :) might be wikipedia that is wrong about it being Australian though, so I'll just edit it until we know further ;)

Wikipedia:

All i am saying is, in all my years, i have never heard booze reffered to as turps. Although, i have heard of some people stooping so low, as to drink turpentine in replacement of booze, but hey, they proberly drink bleach to clean there teeth aswell.

p.s. I did like the original thread , just was wierd to get home from a party and have found out i was drinking turps there.

this kickass Audi TT car :cool:

EDIT: Twin Peaks: an american tv show
EDIT2: Hof, places in Germany, Iceland and Norway

Last edited:
Yeah, I've heard the term "on the Turps" in reperence to alcohol here in OZ many times. A regional thing maybe?

Trox remind me of dinosaurs in general.
Corinth reminds me of the Greek city of the same name.
Mekel & Loch or how ever you spell it = Hekler & Koch.
For some reason Solomate make me think of cleaning products, though there is a brand of chainsaw called Solo.
Daik, a derogatory term for lesbian.
Ambulimax for ambulance.
Equus you shorten it to eccies which is slang for the drug extasy.
The trees around the 9.4 medusa remind me of the snake hair from the same greek myth.

there are a bunch more but I can't remember them at 2am lol

Pandora - Planet in movie AVATAR

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRdxXPV9GNQ[/YOUTUBE]

P.S. lots of other Pandora stuff can be found out there, ofc

Entropia is also a progressive metal band.

Calypso, an orchid genus containing a single species C. bulbosa (Calypso Orchid)

Calypso (moon), a natural satellite of Saturn

CALIPSO, NASA's "Cloud-Aerosol Lidar and Infrared Pathfinder Satellite Observations" satellite

And more for Calypso http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calypso

PEDs on Delta Airlines

While Flying to Vegas I was Seeing PEDs. On Delta Airlines each seat gets a personal video terminal and is where I found this:

When you click the link you get the following info about PEDs:

Certain personal electronic devices (PEDs) may interfere with aircraft navigational equipment. PED use is permitted while on the ground when the boarding door is open, and in flight when advised by crew members. Approximately 10 minutes before departure, you will be asked to turn off and stow laptop computers, cell phones and other PEDs. The following PEDs are approved for use during the flight's cruise portion:
Personal Computer
Handheld Computer games
Personal Stereo audio and video devices

No PED xing in San Francisco

While visiting San Francisco I saw the following sign as I rode on the trolley:

I think its great that there is a diamond pic just below the sign

I can't beleive how much PED i see outside of entropia.. no matter how much i look in entropia I can't seem to find much :p

This will give my mining trips a new meaning

(I dunno your real name so I will use your forum one :D)

Your RL friend: "Hey malasuerte, what ya gonna do today?"
Malasuerte: "Probe Calypsos arse a bit..."
Your RL friend:"... what?"

:D:silly2:

(I dunno your real name so I will use your forum one :D)

Your RL friend: "Hey malasuerte, what ya gonna do today?"
Malasuerte: "Probe Calypsos arse a bit..."
Your RL friend:"... what?"

:D:silly2:

I have to try that to see their reaction :laugh:

I often see license plates with numbers and abbreviations that refer to EU. Just recently I saw one with "914 HP" ;). What a show-off :D.

And then of course there is Pandora's box.

Hof = The original Carlsberg beer ( Danish slang i guess )

Bifrost = Rainbow in nordic mythologi

Nilfheim = The death kingdom ( Hell ) Guarded by the queen Hel in nordic mythologi.

CND = Campaign for Nuclear Disarment

Back