News: Entropia Pocket Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
We’ve started to roll out a new version of Entropia Pocket in the Google Play Store. This app version will support newer Android versions up to Android 13. The old version of the app will still be available until November 1st, 2023.

The primary reason for this new app version is to ensure that the Entropia Pocket app is compliant with new security requirements from Google.

After installing the new app, you may need to deactivate your 2FA and then activate it again to make it work. To deactivate the 2FA, you can use your recovery code, or contact support. If you are having problems with getting the new version to work, please contact support to report the issue.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
uhm, what?!

I got excited thinking they were finally updating the virtual tycoon app. 😅😅 got em mixed up. Sigh....

Last edited:
Do we HAVE to upgrade? I would rather not have to de-activate and re-activate, last time that took nearly 4 months for support to re-activate and I had to sit and watch mayhem come and go...

I asked this question on discord and Morax (Mindark CRM) replied:
"Yes, eventually everyone will have to do the update. It's an update to support newer Android versions as well, but the app is staying the same
Same app, just more doors open for more phones
As you might now some of our customers haven't been able to use Entropia pocket and we wanted to fix that
We also needed the app to be compliant with new security requirements from Google
🙂
"

I see no update to Entropia Pocket App on my Android phone. However I see option to join Beta program.
They answered this on discord as well. Apparently not everyone will be to see the update immediately but it will become available.

The primary reason for this new app version is to ensure that the Entropia Pocket app is compliant with new security requirements from Google.

Originally Posted Here
How old are these "new" security requirements? If MindArk is just fixing them now, they have probably been around a while leaving our accounts vulnerable when we thought they were not.

might be a dumb question, but i MUST upgrade to the new app version ? or can i stay on the older version on my old tablet ?

ty,
Eddie

might be a dumb question, but i MUST upgrade to the new app version ? or can i stay on the older version on my old tablet ?

ty,
Eddie
The old version of the app will still be available until November 1st, 2023.

We’ve started to roll out a new version of Entropia Pocket in the Google Play Store. This app version will support newer Android versions up to Android 13. The old version of the app will still be available until November 1st, 2023.

After installing the new app, you may need to deactivate your 2FA and then activate it again to make it work. To deactivate the 2FA, you can use your recovery code, or contact support. If you are having problems with getting the new version to work, please contact support to report the issue.

Originally Posted Here
new one is named "Version 2.0" ?

If I'm forced to deactivate 2fa and reactivate I think I'll be trying to set it up with another authenticator app instead.

I asked this question on discord and Morax (Mindark CRM) replied:
"Yes, eventually everyone will have to do the update. It's an update to support newer Android versions as well, but the app is staying the same
Same app, just more doors open for more phones
As you might now some of our customers haven't been able to use Entropia pocket and we wanted to fix that
We also needed the app to be compliant with new security requirements from Google
🙂
"
What about those of us who don't use the app since years. There's alternative to using that app like authy will it one day just stop working?
@Ludvig|MindArk

This means it will be available in the app store until that date, if I understand the statement correctly. I think the question was rather, will it continue to function if you don't update.

ye i read that..but i wanted to know....if i HAVE to upgrade or can i stay on the old app which is installed now

is this some kind of bad joke?

I updated my phone to Android 14 today...

Will the new app have 64-bit support?

Does this mean the old app, on my "old" phone (bought 2 years ago) will stop working, and since my current phone is updated to 14, i will not be able to use 2fa?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Tei
Does this mean the old app, on my "old" phone (bought 2 years ago) will stop working, and since my current phone is updated to 14, i will not be able to use 2fa?
Considering this is MA we're talking about, my vote is on yes, absolutely! :laugh: :popcorn:

What about those of us who don't use the app since years. There's alternative to using that app like authy will it one day just stop working?
@Ludvig|MindArk

Currently, we do not support third party apps, and can therefore not guarantee forward compatability.

ye i read that..but i wanted to know....if i HAVE to upgrade or can i stay on the old app which is installed now

If you somehow prevent your app from updating to the new version, you may be able to keep using it, but we cannot guarantee that it will work going forward. It is also possible that Google will force an update in the future.

As mentioned, however, the old version will no longer be available in the Google Play Store after the end of this month.

Do we HAVE to upgrade? I would rather not have to de-activate and re-activate, last time that took nearly 4 months for support to re-activate and I had to sit and watch mayhem come and go...
This is my fear as well. I would like to get one of the new iPhones, but I don't know if my Pocket App will transfer over to the new device seamlessly. So I would have to use my 2FA deactivation code to deactivate it. Unfortunately, that will fall back to my Gold Card, which stopped working years ago. Support is slow and is likely to leave us hanging for a while if we need help. I just don't understand why MindArk didn't REPLACE the 2FA setting on our accounts when we upgraded to the Pocket App, rather than add it in front of the Gold Card :scratch2:

The existence of a new version can't break functionality of yours, just like it can't break functionality of all the "unsupported" 3rd party 2FA apps, as long as MA won't come up with some entirely new incompatible sequence format, in which case they would have to reset 2fa for everyone (imagine the chaos).

For all the noise, I updated lastnight. Logged in fine this morning with 0 drama. 😁 I guess nothing to be worried about!

Last edited:
why would anyone use pocket over any more commonly used TOTP authenticator is beyond me, but props to MA for going with a standard not some propriatary stuff
if all you want is the TOTP yes I'm with you there's alternatives that are probably better and also open source ones available. the pocket app has other functions tho AFAIK.I think you can also check auction and craft within the app

Back