Entropia Tracker: What can we learn from it?

mandu

Stalker
Society
Victory
Mandu Mojo Marconi
As most of you know, an awesome new tool has been invented: Entropia Tracker

But what can we learn from it? One thing that I have learned from this community is, that no matter how smart I think I am, there are quite a few smarter !!

So I ask the community, what conclusions can be taken from this new and powerful tool?

One observation I've made is, very often an avatar will global twice in a row on a mob. That may not seem to odd at first, but when it comes to a heavily hunted mob like drones or atroxes, what are the odds of one avatar having two consequtive globals? Does this mean that loot is avatar specific? or does it mean that loot flows through very specific geographical areas or times?

As the tool evolves, I'm sure many discoveries will be made, but I'm not nearly smart enough to make them :silly2:

Mandu

One thing it does show is that the average global value for avatars in conisstently around 100ped.

What it doesn't reveal is how often each of those avatars globals according to hunting speed. (hunting speed equating to amount of dmg done/hp reduced per hour)

There are negatives (spying factor)... though there is a positive for most hunters that the system is fair...and we can make up our own minds as to whether someone earned that ath or not. Of course it is all well and good to look at numbers and pick them to bits, but there is no other method to learn about loot patterns than to actaully being in the field and test for yourself.

There are negatives (spying factor)

Does the settings in the new Avatar Info panel have an effect on how your avatar name is displayed in a global message? If so it can be used by paranoid people to avoid being spyed on.

Does the settings in the new Avatar Info panel have an effect on how your avatar name is displayed in a global message? If so it can be used by paranoid people to avoid being spyed on.

Your full name is always displayed in solo global messages.

What can we learn?
Well, if all the data is analysed, who knows what could be found out.
But afaik the focus will be put on giving players insight in their own global statistics and not on giving the public a detailed analysis of the loot.

Imo thats a good thing (staying with just player statistics and forget about analysis) because the only conscience would be that either MA tells ET to stop or they change their loot system.
In it's current form its a nice service for players and pretty harmless for the loot system.

An estimate of the number of active avatars in the game, perhaps?

It's a nice gadget in my opinion but I don't think it adds any usefull knowledge du anybody's game play ...

Good idea would be nice to see how meny active avatars there are.

Not as much as you'd think :rolleyes:
I got about 3200 unique players logged.

:eek: omg that is very bad ...... or is that only the ones that globaled ?

Only the ones that global ofc, otherwise i cant track them. :laugh:
And that number is without team globals.
I've only been tracking for less than a week tho with a few hours downtime + VU day downtime.
I figure there will be around 10-15k unique globalling players tracked in a few weeks (EntropiaTracker already tracked around 8k unique players iirc), so maybe 20-30k active players and another 10k who login every now and then.
Pretty hard to estimate tho.

One thing it does show is that the average global value for avatars in conisstently around 100ped.

What it doesn't reveal is how often each of those avatars globals according to hunting speed. (hunting speed equating to amount of dmg done/hp reduced per hour)

There are negatives (spying factor)... though there is a positive for most hunters that the system is fair...and we can make up our own minds as to whether someone earned that ath or not. Of course it is all well and good to look at numbers and pick them to bits, but there is no other method to learn about loot patterns than to actaully being in the field and test for yourself.

hmm, now what if i would shoot 150k ammo wo a global & then hit a nice hof, undeserved, you gonna tell me that??

hmm, now what if i would shoot 150k ammo wo a global & then hit a nice hof, undeserved, you gonna tell me that??

True.
One very important factor is missing from the data: PED input.
No one knows how much goes in, we can only tell how much goes out through globals/hofs.
Thats why tracking globals can't really hurt the system, there is too much unknown factors to make a solid analysis.

But even the limited available data can keep a man busy for weeks, tell me about it :D

Probably shot more than that myself w/o global on the weekend. Haven't had that hof yet.

The tracker doesn't look at total loot either.... which relaly messes stats up when some people survive on mini's.

Consider my total mining/hutning stats for such a case:
level 18 prospector.
30 globals
3 finds XXI
Level 48 pistoleer (69.9 agility)
700? globals (i lost count..it was around 400 after 4 months hunting) hunt 4-8hrs straight /day average.
3 hofs between 1k and 2k
2 hofs between 500 and 1000

It becomes more and more apparent when people express thoughts of avatar-based looting patterns, as some people are obviously far outside the norm.

A powerfull tool with probaply dangerous side effects.
It can harden the thoughts about avatar-related loot.

As mentioned before there are some unknown facts wich will be never known like skills and used peds.

But a great tool to have a look on what is possible if you are supported ;)

Hope it will give some day a complete access to the databases to run own statistics.

It becomes more and more apparent when people express thoughts of avatar-based looting patterns, as some people are obviously far outside the norm.

I'm not really a believer that loot is avatar dependent, because if that were true then EU would be a very sick and twisted place.

The thought does cross my mind however, when there are frequently times when I'm killing much faster than someone on my radar, spreading my kills all over the same area as them, and they keep globaling, but I don't. After the VU I went through 700 ped worth of ammo before finally hitting a global. I was ONLY hunting Atrox, and they were popping like mad. In fact, I was at the rig for a large portion of that and saw people globaling and HoFing all around me. Angel was just off from my radar when he hit the 20k Atrox Guardian.

I can also confirm that the "depositing causes you to get globals and HoFs" theory is definitely not true.

I'm not complaining, just a bit confused and disappointed. I have a full time job and other things going on in life so I don't have time to log in all day and hunt. Maybe the evenings after work are just one of the worst times to hunt in EU...I suppose the graph data could show that.

I have noticed though that people with full time jobs are at a huge disadvantage in EU, no matter what their status is. For example, myself and a soc member both work full time and log on and play in the evenings or on weekends. We both have high end gear and can manage 5-10 globals on good weekday evenings, but we still both haven't managed to hit any big HoFs in the time that we have been playing. It seems like all of the good events, items, and HoFs happen most of the time when I'm at work. That, or I'm logged on and they happen right next to me. In order to effectively track and play the loot system it seems like you have to be able to have access to EU at any time of the day, or just play full time. EU is very expensive for me because of this, but at least it's still fun. :)

Back