Entropia Tracker

Ed Ward

Deactivated Account
Society
Secret Agent
Ed Lguigui Ward
Hi Community and Officals!

I doubt I am the only one to have been warned of using Entropia Tracker which connect to servers to work. (that means you are connected twice if you are using it)

My question is simple: would it be possible to include in the client a function that takes snapshots of your globs/hof and store it to hardrive? That way, only 1 connection would be necessary to get our pics.

:tower:

Please reply this post to show we want our pics/souvenirs

Ed Ward

I doubt I am the only one to have been warned of using Entropia Tracker which connect to servers to work. (that means you are connected twice if you are using it)

huh? u mean ur boss told you not to use it or what? And i can guarantee there is no bogus stuff with the tracker. It was my initial idea to make it happen but i seriosly doubt starfinder or tussi put some malicious code into it.

Lol, to make an account on ET you dont have to put your real account information... somebody has been fibbing to you... :rolleyes:

Tussi shut down my tracker with a message in explorer window

and said they tracked two connections based on IP address

sorry, didn't figure ou yet how to copy/paste hehe

thats odd as im sure there are many players using tracker that share a connection.

weird it is, maybe Tussi could post her point of view, to be sure... If i use the tracker again and got the same message, i'll post it.
I swear you it happened!

First the technicalities:

Yes, in case you make two connections from the same IP (= start 2 clients at the same time) you see this message and the clients terminate.

This is how it's intended (means it dosn't work all the time) to be because it's a hack to stop clients from connecting, crashing and restarting the whole process - which will lead to (with the network stack currently in production) exhaustion of server resources which i can't tolerate.

That's why this limitation currently exists.

So to be a bit more specific: No, you're not alone.

Please keep in mind that the current release of EntropiaTracker Client is still BETA software. In case you have problems getting it to work feel free to contact me so i can see what the problem may be and fix it (which will help others which maybe have the same issue but don't realize it).

Tussi

Last edited:
what about LANs with NAT services??? But I'm sure you guys are thinking about that :cool: (mutliple connections from one IP)

cheers

Vorlon style answer: Yes

Tussi

well, there has been a bug in my case me -> i never connected twice and don't see why it could be usefull to do it, am not on a lan or something else, just a simple connection.

my 2 pecs

lol @ the :zzz: remark .. real nice. :rolleyes:

gl getting it figured out, Ed!

what about LANs with NAT services??? But I'm sure you guys are thinking about that :cool: (mutliple connections from one IP)
cheers

I have 2 computers on one IP .. but I don't run that tracker server stuff on my end - so I got no issues :D
excluding EU lag / etc. ;)

Well,

lol @ the :zzz: remark .. real nice. :rolleyes:

gl getting it figured out, Ed!

we're talking about this error page.

I got the error report by mail, politely wrote about the same as i wrote in this thread (except the :zzz:, but obviously all of it was ignored), added some things which could have gone wrong and what to do about them plus asked for the debug logfile (which i didn't get so far)...

and shortly after i have to deal with the same issue here in this thread.

:duh:

So i though i sleep about it some days (hence the :zzz:) to prevent me from posting something i'll certainly would regret later.

Ed,

maybe my english is broken (so that i don't manage to deliver the message i want to) and/or since my AFK mood isn't the best at the moment (so i get pissed by what tone i extract from your messages), so please take this with a grain of salt:

No, i don't think that you didn't see it.

Yes, i know this can happen.

No, i will not deal with this anymore since the information i try give you dosn't seem to reach you intact (if anyone could hint me about the reason feel free to point me in the right direction).

Yes, i'll hopefully fix this with one of the next versions.

No, i'm not happy that you have that problem.

Yes, i'll be now heading out to a sailing trip over the weekend.

No, i won't answer anything or bother about it before monday.

Yes, a good weekend to all of you too.

Tussi

entropia tracker

I registered today on entropia tracker, It had no record of my beacon globals and when I looked up a buddy I got the wrong persons Hof's, globals, etc.

Also I cant see it ingame so I wish it was part of the forum instead of seperate.........:rolleyes:

I registered today on entropia tracker, It had no record of my beacon globals and when I looked up a buddy I got the wrong persons Hof's, globals, etc.

We do not show beacon globals on the site at the moment.
Please tell me the name of your buddy you searched for, ill have a look then..

Also I cant see it ingame so I wish it was part of the forum instead of seperate.........:rolleyes:

Ehh.... what?

Back