Entropia tracking

ruskea

Stalker
Banned
Society
The Blacklist
ruskea kheet kheeter
i started to wonder while seeing some ppls stats on entropia tracking at their signature...

rank 300/3000...

3000 players have globalled since the tracker was invented?

wow i wonder where the other 697k players are.. are they all sweating??

this program shows pretty accuracy that how many players there really is in EU
okey maybe we can add other 3k as sweaters to that.. and maybe 1k as miners and crafers.. coz in mining the rank said n.a/400...

So am i missing something in this entropia tracker?

Not everyone knows EF, not everyone knows about entropia tracker and i for one have not (yet) bothered to make an account.

First, U dont have to have an account on entropia tracker, it register all globals/hofs/ath's and the player that got it.

Second, Miningpart is still a little buggy, it dont register all miningglobals atm. It missed 5 of 6 of my globals...

Third, It havent been up and running long enough to give an accurate playerbase yet :) Specially thinking about Mining/crafting part of the tracker.

/regards
Droid

counting the number of players who globaled within the last 3 months would be a nice feature though ;)

Wich will be fully possible when a stable version of the tracker is up and running, and when the client is fully working so more ppl can log the globals to be sure that it dont miss anything :D

/Droid

Last edited:
I think (a) Tracker is still very much beta really, (b) it hasn't been running long enough yet.

As pointed out above, it doesn't capture all globals yet. And as its running about a month there'll be plenty of active players who simply haven't globalled. The sweaters, the pilots, the traders, the snablesnot opalo hunters, etc, are all part of EU's active player base and don't necessarily global every month.

But yes, I'd say once the kinks have been ironed out of Tracker and its been running for a few months it'll give a pretty good indication of the active player base.

But yes, I'd say once the kinks have been ironed out of Tracker and its been running for a few months it'll give a pretty good indication of the active player base.
Indeed, I don't know if the creators of Entropia Tracker thought about this, but this can finally give us some clue about how many active players there are total, when the Tracker is in 99% working order. :)

I'd imagine missing globals in the system can be explained, in addition to bugs, by the fact the tracking software on those machines that run it, might be down at times. So no data collecting accounts logged in -> no globals recorded. As this is how I understood it works.

At least it will give us information, on how many globals/day, or in a year, and how many different players have globaled in the past month or so.

If someone has globalled in the past month, we can be quite sure they are very active players. :)

Yes its what we're talking about.

No, it doesn't make any difference. Tracker records everyone's globals regardless of whether or not people know about it.

indeed... but it is quite a bugy.. what it comes to team names.. and some players are there 2 times.. or more..

i even had there 1 global ive never even got.. lol

i got an 55ped repe alpha global and it showed that and 55ped old alpha and ive only got 1 global from repes.. and it even showed diff day for em

indeed... but it is quite a bugy.. what it comes to team names.. and some players are there 2 times.. or more..

I know that I am in there twise, checked my profile there yesterday and found that there was 2 of me globaling, all of them were mine thou.
Could it have something to do with the new site and everything, I think that all of the globals on one version of me came from before that he changed site.
:scratch2::confused: but still :wtg::yay:

I know that I am in there twise, checked my profile there yesterday and found that there was 2 of me globaling, all of them were mine thou.
Could it have something to do with the new site and everything, I think that all of the globals on one version of me came from before that he changed site.
:scratch2::confused: but still :wtg::yay:

joe jeff is there 2 times in top 100 mining globals.. i was first wondering why joe is so low on the rank but then i noticed there was 2 of him..

It's still BETA but it's gettting better.

The code initially used to do the OCR was mediocre at best (a free MS OCR library). The new version which is running for some days now relies on my code and is (at least according to starfinder) running smoothly.

The problem with the single client being offline (thus loosing globals) will be gone as soon as we release the client to the public so others may run it too - since starfinder wants window mode support in the initial release version this will take some more time because i'm currently mainly occupied by RL issues.

The thing about total population went through our minds too - i personally think that looking at the globals alone will lead to a lower headcount than other measures (which would require a more active efford though).

Tussi

About accuracy.
From 13/04-2008 to "some time last week".. it was "dodgy".
From that point onwards its 100% accurate.

About the "Can you see how many ppl play the game"...

Sure you can, or.. well.. you can see how many has globaled, which isent nessesary an indication on how many play.
My brother played over 6 months before he got a global. I bet there are many like him.. And what about the traders and "small time" hunters who just hunt combibo... They surely are part of the player base, and I think they actually makes up quite a lot of the player base (15-20 %)...

About accuracy.
From 13/04-2008 to "some time last week".. it was "dodgy".
From that point onwards its 100% accurate.

Its captured all of mine recently Starfinder - I've heard reports of some missed ones though (apologies on behalf of Doer for the negativity lol):

http://www.entropiatracker.com/index.asp?system=players&mode=lookup&PlayerID=12968

It only has three of the eight warrior globals, missed my two miner bot globals last night, and just generally sucks. :laugh:

Oh yeah, and it also missed my trooper HOF.

Not useful yet, IMO.

About the "Can you see how many ppl play the game"...

Sure you can, or.. well.. you can see how many has globaled, which isent nessesary an indication on how many play.
My brother played over 6 months before he got a global. I bet there are many like him.. And what about the traders and "small time" hunters who just hunt combibo... They surely are part of the player base, and I think they actually makes up quite a lot of the player base (15-20 %)...

ofc, there is no way to directly count the active players. anyway, the number of players who scored within 3 (?) months is a good base for estimations, way better than anything we ever had before, imo..

i think, the major turnover of EU is done by ppl who also global, and these are prolly quite the same who regularely deposit. and these are the numbers that are most interesting..

i know the tracker is not finished by now, and it will take some time still..
big thumbs up, eventually you will provide one of the most powerful tools to the comunity!

best regards

rank 300/3000...

3000 players have globalled since the tracker was invented?

wow i wonder where the other 697k players are.. are they all sweating??
I think you haven't read the EU website properly. It never said that there are 700k active players, just the number of accounts.

My guess is, that there are 10.000 active players at best. Rest is either banned or abandomed accounts of people who tried it and left after a few days/weeks. And 3000 of 10.000 is 1/3 which sounds realistic for me, if you count in noobs or people who rarely login.

I think you haven't read the EU website properly. It never said that there are 700k active players, just the number of accounts.

My guess is, that there are 10.000 active players at best. Rest is either banned or abandomed accounts of people who tried it and left after a few days/weeks. And 3000 of 10.000 is 1/3 which sounds realistic for me, if you count in noobs or people who rarely login.

yes thats what i thought too.. 10k at max.. and maybe half from that are really depositing money..

ofc, there is no way to directly count the active players. anyway
I think there is a way - would require some community efford though.

Tussi

I think there is a way - would require some community efford though.
Mh yea, writing a tool which analyze EU traffic and register all players and save the data when that play was last seen in a database. But you'd need enough people who use this, at which you'd probably have problems to find people who'd use a tool which directly analyze the data send by the client server :p

Mh yea, writing a tool which analyze EU traffic and register all players and save the data when that play was last seen in a database. But you'd need enough people who use this, at which you'd probably have problems to find people who'd use a tool which directly analyze the data send by the client server :p

You're right about the amount of people who'll be needed for this, but wrong about breaking EULA.

Please see the section about Operation Census in the Entropia Tracker Extensions thread on how i think it can be done.

Tussi

Glad to hears its supposed to be operating at 100% now.

I liked the idea, but noticed it missed many of my globals and Hofs, kinda making the info pointless.

It did however, correctly capture the Daspletor Old I globaled on in between bristolhog runs.... :laugh:

It did however, correctly capture the Daspletor Old I globaled on in between bristolhog runs.... :laugh:

lol gratz :D

Its got all mine correctly for the last ten days or so.

If you want a clear indication of how active people are on EU, just download Xfire. Xfire logs your gameplay for almost every game out there and EU is one of them.

This is from an hours played standpoint not how many players who have had a global.

Entropia Universe has logged 90,000 minutes of gameplay today by people who have Xfire and have it running while playing. I would post a link, but I do not have enough forum posts to do so.

If you want a clear indication of how active people are on EU, just download Xfire. Xfire logs your gameplay for almost every game out there and EU is one of them.

This is from an hours played standpoint not how many players who have had a global.

Entropia Universe has logged 90,000 minutes of gameplay today by people who have Xfire and have it running while playing. I would post a link, but I do not have enough forum posts to do so.

Aeh what about the ppl without Xfire?

You're right about the amount of people who'll be needed for this, but wrong about breaking EULA.

Please see the section about Operation Census in the Entropia Tracker Extensions thread on how i think it can be done.
Actually i never mentioned EULA in that post ^^

Well if you do it via OCR it wouldn't be a breach of EULA. But the idea i mentioned was (by intercepting/analyzing the traffic sent from server to client and vice versa, as this is the only 100% accurate way to do it)

well ruskea if u complain that much try make ur own prog :) hehe GL.

well ruskea if u complain that much try make ur own prog :) hehe GL.

I know it's none of my business but this bothers me. First read his post again he actually isn't complaining about the program more like confused how few people playing Entropia. Second, even if he was complaining about the program itself you are allowed to criticize something without publishing a better version, ok I don't know about Sweden but it is in most countries. It just looks like people are waiting for mistakes in order to offend someone here on EF

Not all people global :)

I know it's none of my business but this bothers me. First read his post again he actually isn't complaining about the program more like confused how few people playing Entropia. Second, even if he was complaining about the program itself you are allowed to criticize something without publishing a better version, ok I don't know about Sweden but it is in most countries. It just looks like people are waiting for mistakes in order to offend someone here on EF

yeah.. i have no problems with entropia tracking.. every addon this game has is plus to the game...

and for the xfire dude.. i dont have xfire... i dunno not many in our soc has it installed...

Back