Entropia Trade Calculator v1.41 (Small bug fix) Happy Holidays!

EFD?

• y

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • n

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
I would greatly appreciate some feedback from those of you who've downloaded already.

I have only a few more ideas of my own to add to this program, I would very much love to hear from others.

no offence, but it has been said befor and i know people here has a problem downloading a software from someone who regged hes/her account one second ago at the forums, im sure its not harmfull and a great thing, but, well.. thats just how i feel.

I might take a look on it sometime later tho, thanks for creating and shareing this atleast =) creativity is good ^^

no offence, but it has been said befor and i know people here has a problem downloading a software from someone who regged hes/her account one second ago at the forums, im sure its not harmfull and a great thing, but, well.. thats just how i feel.

I might take a look on it sometime later tho, thanks for creating and shareing this atleast =) creativity is good ^^

That is one reason I want feedback so badly, so people can see others have downloaded it and found it to be safe. I completely understand the concerns and me myself wouldn't even download it onto my PC without being sure it was safe first. I know that people have downloaded it though, I have a counter for how many times the files has been access, nobody is leaving any feedback though.

Alternate download links have been added and image urls have been changed to new domain so will now display, sorry for anyone who may have been experiencing problems.

Good initiative.
A friend of mine made an application VERY similar to that one around 8 months ago - at first i was pretty convinced it was the same one. However it was never published because of problems with Vista and others.
In fact he also called it "trade calculator" (well, maybe not so strange).
His version had some functions yours don't (but i see yours also has functions that his didn't). I am not sure I am allowed to give you ideas from his version, because I don't know if he's gonna continue with it or if he dropped it completely . Did you code it in VB?
If you want, PM me and I can try to reach him again..he is very rarely on EU now.

I might install later, don't need it so much now. 2 questions though:
- any problems running it in Vista?
- found the answer lol

Last edited:
Had a small look at it. Looks promissing. Although it forces you more or less to play EU in windowed mode. Since i prefer to play full screen and not windowed I would like it to be hovering over EU like PE ass does.

For other peoples info:
Kaspersky virus check result: clean
Symantic virus check result: clean
Symantic firewall result: no outgoing connections

Some feedback:
- I miss a % option in the calculator
- Also i do not own a shop but a house with some shopkeepers. If something sells at my shopkeeper there is the 2.5% tax and a 10 pec decay on the shopkeeper. There seems to be no option to take into account the shopkeeper decay.

This was just a 10 minute look. Will have a better look this evening.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

Good initiative.
A friend of mine made an application VERY similar to that one around 8 months ago - at first i was pretty convinced it was the same one. However it was never published because of problems with Vista and others.
In fact he also called it "trade calculator" (well, maybe not so strange).
His version had some functions yours don't (but i see yours also has functions that his didn't). I am not sure I am allowed to give you ideas from his version, because I don't know if he's gonna continue with it or if he dropped it completely . Did you code it in VB?
If you want, PM me and I can try to reach him again..he is very rarely on EU now.

I might install later, don't need it so much now. 2 questions though:
- any problems running it in Vista?
- found the answer lol
Yes I coded it in VB.
Shouldn't be any problems with Vista, however I have no knowledge of it being used in Vista.
I will PM you indeed, more ideas the better!

it forces you more or less to play EU in windowed mode.

For other peoples info:
Kaspersky virus check result: clean
Symantic virus check result: clean
Symantic firewall result: no outgoing connections

Some feedback:
- I miss a % option in the calculator
- Also i do not own a shop but a house with some shopkeepers. If something sells at my shopkeeper there is the 2.5% tax and a 10 pec decay on the shopkeeper. There seems to be no option to take into account the shopkeeper decay.
Yes EU must be run in windowed mode.
Thanks for the scan report.
What do you mean exactly by "a % option" in calculator?
I will make note and be sure to add in shopkeeper decay next version.

Thank you both very much for your input/feedback, hope you enjoy using it.

Open the windows calculator in standard view.
There is a % button.

It works the following way ( anything between [] depicts a button click):

[2] [*] [1][5][0][%]
results is then 3

currently your calculator would be
[2] [*] [1][5][0][/][1][0][0] [=]

the % is nothing else then a '[/][1][0][0][=]' abreviation

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

Open the windows calculator in standard view.
There is a % button.

It works the following way ( anything between [] depicts a button click):

[2] [*] [1][5][0][%]
results is then 3

currently your calculator would be
[2] [*] [1][5][0][/][1][0][0] [=]

the % is nothing else then a '[/][1][0][0][=]' abreviation

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

I will add this feature as well to next version.

Thank you

Quite interesting... will have a look to this on the week-end :)

Quite interesting... will have a look to this on the week-end :)

Hope you like it, please come back with any comments/suggestions, I'm building a list of changes for next version.

Hi. Well, im at work right now so have no possibility to try it here. But will do as soon as im home. To say, ive decided a two weeks ago to try myself in trading and heres your program, just in time, just for my needs :clap: good, good :)

expect me to test it

have tested auction seller. works good :) the thing I noticed is when you set bid price the same as tt price, markup shows slightly incorrect.

Hi. Could you give away the formula that is used to calculate the auction commission? Thanx!

hehe, thanx, Svarog, the formula really works fine. +rep to you for finding it for me :) i didn't find it myself though did search the forums.

now it's time for the big trade :wtg:

I am just glad you made it, and more glad you put it in the public view.

Thanks

Hi. Could you give away the formula that is used to calculate the auction commission? Thanx!

Thank you for your response,
Currently the program is using a selection structure to determine auction fees, I didn't know the formula, instead I took samples of all conditions in game up to TT+250 (hence why markup > 250 is not supoorted)

It was here on forum.

auction_fee = 100 - 99.5/(0.00050248 * margin + 1)

where 'margin' is (auction price - tt price) in peds

Wonderful to finally have the actual formula!
+rep for you from me as well

I am just glad you made it, and more glad you put it in the public view.

Thanks

I am glad you're glad, hope it works great for you!

Sorry I haven't had time to come out with a new version yet, between work, school, recreation and feeling lazy I've been busy :laugh:. Sometime this summer I will come out with a new version, maybe program it poolside.

I have kept record of all suggestions, public and private, so that I don't forget any; please if anyone hs any other suggestions let me know.

I've quit trading a few months ago so I really don't have much more use for this program, chances are there won't be any future releases any time soon, sorry to anyone who may have been hoping for new features.

This is a very useful program, never noticed it, +rep! :)

Cyber if ur not gonna update it why not turn the code over to the Community? Plenty of people here more than willing to keep good products going.

On a second note why are u creating a calculator surely someone out there has a calc component u could add. R u using .NET? Why not just start up the already provided calc.exe program? Much easier and no divide by zero issues on it ;)

Cyber if ur not gonna update it why not turn the code over to the Community? Plenty of people here more than willing to keep good products going.

On a second note why are u creating a calculator surely someone out there has a calc component u could add. R u using .NET? Why not just start up the already provided calc.exe program? Much easier and no divide by zero issues on it ;)

I was using .NET yes, the code's not much, I'll upload/hotlink it for anyone who wants it.

calc.exe won't remain on top of EU (possibly there are some parameters you can change this attribute, don't know)

I was using .NET yes, the code's not much, I'll upload/hotlink it for anyone who wants it.

calc.exe won't remain on top of EU (possibly there are some parameters you can change this attribute, don't know)

On second thought, due to the fact that it's taken so long to gain the community's trust in this program being safe I am not releasing the code.

I would hate to see someone add a keylogger/trojan/ect. to a new version they may make and ruin the integrity of the program or possibly give my name a bad image. Sorry.

hmm seems strange if calc is called from ur app which sits on top of EU then it should be the focused item. I wouldnt mind a copy of ur source it'll end up as c# by the time Ive finished with it tho ;)

U could always release it to someone with good standing in the community such as Bruud, and issue a disclaimer, downloaded SW should always be checked by the user anyways, EULAs and such.!

Some time ago I did take the time to add the appropriate code where auction fees on items with a markup over 250 ped can be calculated, I've been using it but never released it since I'd always planned on adding more and to make a new release for a single item didn't seem like it was worth it.

Entropia Trade Calculator v1.42

I may have fixed something else in it, what that is I'm not sure, I had been coding this all on my laptop and recently the hard drive went on it, I've got the code backed up but I don't think I backed up the patch notes of what's changed in v1.42

hmm seems strange if calc is called from ur app which sits on top of EU then it should be the focused item. I wouldnt mind a copy of ur source it'll end up as c# by the time Ive finished with it tho ;)

U could always release it to someone with good standing in the community such as Bruud, and issue a disclaimer, downloaded SW should always be checked by the user anyways, EULAs and such.!

Focus can be changed through code, I'm sure you know that, the point is that calc.exe will lose focus and fall behind EU if you click on EU, the calc I coded will remain on top and only lose focus, I often use the calculator and need it in view while the game has focus.

Status
Back