Entropia Trade Calculator v1.42 (Final Release?)

EFD?

• y

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • n

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status

CyberPunk

Stalker
William Cyber Punk
Unfortunately due to both my hard drive and hotlinkfiles.com crashing I have lost the source code and will not be able to provide any future updates (unless I find another backup someplace, hotlinkfiles.com recovers my files or I start from scratch, which all seem unlikely).

Entropia Trade Calculator v1.42 (NEW!) <--Download
Entropia Trade Calculator v1.42 (NEW!) <--Alternate Download

Check out screen shots and user guide at end of post!

• Auction Seller window - now works with markups exceeding TT+250

----------------------------------------------------------------

Entropia Trade Calculator v1.41

• Auction Buyer window - now stays on top of EU rather than falling behind when EU gets focus

Entropia Trade Calculator v1.4

• Changed name back to "Entropia Trade Calculator" (searches better on Google)
  • Startup - Main Menu now loads in bottom center of screen
  • Auction Seller window - added Quantity field
  • Auction Seller window - TT Value now requires per unit instead of per qty
  • Auction Seller window - now calculates based on Quantity and TT Value per unit
  • Auction Seller window - added Buyer Mode button
  • Auction Seller window - added Up/Down buttons to Qty, Start Bid and Buyout Bid to allow adjustments with mouse
  • Auction Buyer window - New window to calculate Markup % from TT Value per unit, Quantity and Bid
  • Shop window - added Quantity field
  • Shop window - now calculates based on Quantity and TT Value per unit
  • Shop window - added Up/Down buttons to Qty & Price to allow adjustments with mouse
  • Records window - now loads offset but still on top of window it was called from
  • Records window - when called from other window will restore if minimized
  • Digital Calculator - now loads next to rather than on top of window it was called from
  • Street window - Add window now loads in center, rather than in corner of street window
  • Street window - Add window fields highlight upon focus/click
  • Street window - Modify window now loads in center, rather than in corner of street window
  • Street window - Modify window fields highlight upon focus/click, name highlights on load
  • Street window - when adding transaction to Records when Records is not open, Records will open minimized in task bar rather than on top of street window and focus will remain in street window
  • All windows - load into position rather than being moved into position
  • Misc - Restructured logistics to increase performance
  • Downloading - I have located a domain which will let me hotlink files I've upload and provide me with free disk space, all versions have been moved to the new server and links have been updated accordingly

Entropia Trader v1.31

• Auction & Shop - text highlighted when clicked rather than cleared
  • Auction, Shop and Street - Message warning user can't divide by zero, when zero is entered
  • Street window - clicking buy or sell text box text is highlighted
  • Records window - clicking date text box text is highlighted

Entropia Trader v1.3

• Added Shop window for shopkeepers to calculate price, tax and markup %s
  • Fixed bug in Records which prevented records from being updated
  • Removed several buttons from Records window
  • Added "Date" field to Records
  • Removed Quantity from Auction window, it was redundant

Entropia Trader v1.2

• Changed name to "Entropia Trader"
  • Added new Records form to record purchases and sales
  • Increased size of Street form to match other forms
  • Forms now start where the current one is, instead of center of screen
  • Digital Calculator can now be used with other forms at the same time
  • Added button "Add Transaction to Records" to Street thus allowing users to add to Records from Street
  • Increased size of button "=" on Digital Calculator
  • Digital Calculator no longer leaves characters when clearing
  • Now when using "Want to spend" then clicking on either buy/sell, Quantity updates instead of Quantity price

Entropia Trade Calculator v1.1

Please keep in mind when upgrading as long as the pricelist.txt and new Entropia Trade Calculator.exe file are in the same folder you will not have to re-enter your items, the .txt will still work with the new program.

• Added digital calculator
  • Add/Modify items in single form
  • Removed Splash screen
  • Reorganized street trade form
  • Added "Wanting to spend" to street form, now figure qty you can afford based on ped
  • Enabled access to change buy/sell price on form without having to modify (changes made directly on street form are not saved, original values must be "modified" to be saved)
  • Slightly decreased size of Auction form
  • Aligned numerical fields to right column for easier reading
  • Adjusted tab stops
  • Removed "Single unit price" field from street form, useless now that buy/sell can be manually entered
  • Fields now clear contents when focused
  • Quantity price now updates when item is selected without having to click on radio button or change Qty

Entropia Trade Calculator v1.0

Screen shots and user guide:

STREET WINDOW:
street.jpg

Deleting Items: Start by highlighting the item in the list on the Street window which you wish to delete then click on "Delete Item" a message box will request you to confirm deletion.

Changing Buy/Sell price in Street window: At any time you can change the values in the "Buy/Sell at:" fields, these changes are not saved but can still be used temporarily to perform calculations, if you want changes to be permanent you must use the "Modify Item" button.

Want to spend: This features is for calculating the "Quantity:" which can be purchased given the rate and PEDs. Enter the amount of PEDs being spent, the "Quantity:" will update according to the amount being spent. After using this field you must clear the data within it or it will prevent other operations from taking place.

Add Transaction to Records: Clicking this button will add a record to your Records window. If the Records window is not already open it will be opened as minimized on your task bar. The "Item Name", "Quantity" and "Buy at:" or "Sell at:" will be recorded depending on which is chosen, also the current system date when the button is clicked will be recorded.

More about records later in the guide.

street-add.jpg

Adding Items: Start with clicking "Add Item", the "Add Item" window will appear, enter "Item name" and the price of a single unit of that item which you buy and sell at in PED. For example:

Item name: Sweat
Buy: .005 Sell: .0055​

After entering in values, click "Add Item", the "Add Item" window will close and "Sweat" will appear in the list of items of the Street window. Now click on an item in the list which you've added and the "Buy at:" and "Sell at:" values will appear, now all you have to do to find the "Quantity Price:" is enter in a "Quantity:".

Items which have been added will be saved to a file named "pricelist.txt" this is a comma separated values file which can be opened and modified using notepad or even excel, the values will automatically load the next time you start ETC as long as the .exe and .txt are in the same folder.

street-modify.jpg

Modifying Items: Start by highlighting the item in the list on the Street window which you wish to modify then click on "Modify Item" From this point on it is basically the same as adding an item however the fields are already filled in with the data you've already entered, just make the changes you desire and click "Modify Item" to be done.​

AUCTION SELLER WINDOW:
auctionseller.jpg

Using Auction Seller window: This feature is used for calculating, after auction fees, what your "Return PED:" and "Return Markup %" is based on "Quantity:" and "Bid Price:" When entering in values for "TT per unit:" be certain to enter it in as PED amount and not PEC amount, for one unit. For example, if you're calculating prices for Force Nexus this value would be ".01". You can use the up and down arrows to adjust the amounts without having to retype anything.​

AUCTION BUYER WINDOW:
auctionbuyer.jpg

Using Auction Buyer window: This feature is used for calculating what the "Markup %:" is based off of various "Bid:". The "TT Value" again represents a single unit. "Quantity:" will be based off of the auction you're considering. This window can be accessed by clicking the "Buyer Mode" button on the "Auction Seller" window, you can return to the "Auction Seller" window from this window by clicking "Seller Mode".​

SHOP WINDOW:
shop.jpg

Using Shop window: This feature is used for calculating the "Markup value and %" before and after taxes, along with the "Tax Amount". Again the "TT per unit:" value is in PED per a single unit.​

RECORDS WINDOW:
records.jpg

The Record window: This feature is used to record transactions.

Adding records: Simply fill in the fields at the top and click "Add Record"

Updating a record: Click on the record which you wish to update, the values for that record will appear in the fields at the top, once you have made your modifications, click on "Update Record" and your modifications will be applied.

Deleting a record: Click on the record which you wish to delete, then click on "Delete Record" a message box will appear asking you to confirm deletion.

Your data: All of the data which you've collected in the Records window is saved to a file named "inventory.txt" like pricelist this file contains comma separated values and can be opened and modified with notepad or excel. If you know how to use excel you can create graphs, summaries and perform various functions on your data.​

DIGITAL CALCULATOR:
calculator.jpg

Dividing by zero: Mathematically dividing by zero is undefined, to a computer this means an exception and will cause your ETC to crash, I am aware of this problem I just have not got around to preventing it. You can prevent it yourself however by not performing calculations which result in 0 as a denominator.​

I would not recommend downloading this file from any URL other than ones I have provided. I am sure there will be some concern over this being some sort of virus/trojan horse however I assure you it is not and would appreciate it if once a few of you have downloaded it, that you could scan it and confirm for the rest of the community that it is clean.

I hope that you find this tool useful, if you have any questions regarding its use then feel free to post replies.

Best of luck to you all, see you in game!

Last edited:
just an fyi, your screen shots in this thread are very likely to disappear just as they did in your older thread, due to the fact that linking to outside sources isn't allowed

nice app :)

The old screenshots were on hotlinkfiles.com and it seemed to have crashed.

I will see about putting the screenies on EF instead, hadn't thought of doing that, thanks.

Just in case this next source goes down I have a permanent download link that wont go down at:

Entropia Trade Calculator v1.42

Scan it, check it, it will match up the exact same download CyberPunk has given. I work on a secure server, you have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
I just went to hotlinkfiles and the missing files were recovered, my source code being part of it. :yay:

I'll have to consider making some updates now, don't hold your breathe though I'm currently taking 18 credit hours and working.

hey, that's great you've got the SC back.
however, I've downloaded the app and it just doesn't want to run...

'Application has not been initialised correctly (0xc0000135). Press OK to end application.'

hey, that's great you've got the SC back.
however, I've downloaded the app and it just doesn't want to run...

'Application has not been initialised correctly (0xc0000135). Press OK to end application.'

I'd press OK if I was you :(

So whats going on here?

Is the program not working?

The link to download it is dead... Has this program been abandoned?

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Nope, the app is not abandoned! The download works great. Thanks Cyber for the message to try again.

I will be using your app - but not until after work. Thanks again!

So whats going on here?

Is the program not working?

The link to download it is dead... Has this program been abandoned?

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Link is fine, sorry if you had troubles.

Nope, the app is not abandoned! The download works great. Thanks Cyber for the message to try again.

I will be using your app - but not until after work. Thanks again!

Thanks for responding to Dalorian, I missed there was a new post here. (+rep for u)

I cant download this and it looks like its just what I need. I tried the link further down and that just goes to a 404. Yours goes to a website with a download link that doesnt download but goes to a registration page. Any help you can give me

No harm in registering if that's what it takes. I did register and got the dl fine afterwards. -V

Thanks for the heads up.

Didn't used to have to register to download from the host, I will try to find time later to move the file to another host.

Have to go to class right now though, maybe I'll get it done while I'm in class ;)

Added an alternate download from hotlinkfiles.com

Excellent little program. As an extra could running totals be added at the bottom of the records sheet to show total bought and sold.

Nice App :D

one question though: How do I calculate the auction fee manually?
Would you enlighten me, please?

Thx

Nice App :D

one question though: How do I calculate the auction fee manually?
Would you enlighten me, please?

Thx

Hey, I think it is 0,5ped + 0,5% of everything that goes over tt value. Sure it gets slower at some point (max fee is 100 ped if i remember right) but basically it is like that.

Ah, nice one. Thx a lot :D

Status
Back