Entropia Universe 12.0.0 Release Notes

I'm not interested in PvP at all (and won't travel between the planets until the risk factor is clearer), but I reckon that this could well work. That depends on the details.

Much depends on how secure a mothership (or more than one in a convoy?) is seen to be. If the dice are loaded against attackers, then interplanetary passenger travelling will be fairly comfortable.

I quite like the idea of 'good' and 'evil' spaceships, but should the karma just be judged on shooting? Shouldn't the captain of a ship who ejects passengers into space (walking the plank) get a personal or ship karma negative?

It will be like convoys in WW2. where nazi submarines hunt them.

Was thinking about going to space. Now with decision all space PVP. No thanks

Indeed, MindArk effectively recreated world war 2.

Of all the retarded and idiotic settings to recreate in a universe with a real cash economy, they had to recreate WW2. I can't believe this "expansion".

No chance for a free market now as well since they thought they could link commerce and forced lootable-pvp for all trade routes.

The proper direction would have been (in time, as old monopolistic players got drowned by the masses of newbies from the commercials MA should have made) to disband shops and malls and make the auction free of all taxes, with unlimited entries and linked with all planets.

But no, some nutter thought ww2 is better.

Is that correct? ... that welding wire only comes from RT? Can someone confirm that please?

One of the ingredients needed to make welding wire is Alternative Ingot.

Given that welding wire is a 0.01pec item, RK-5 needs 8 pieces, and there are already thousands of them on the Calypso auction, it's clearly not going to make much of a dent in anything.

I crap at PVP situations... but come on people...this is space!!! It should (and could) be awesome.

My main concerns would be cost in all such things and how accessible the parts will be....

It's a brave new universe out there!

Of course, if space just turns out to be a no-go area for many and too expenseive for most then I'll quite happily edit my post and pretend I thought it was shite! :D

Until then I'm going to look forward to a bit space :)

KOKO

Yup, this would be the right approach I guess.

I like the fact that space is lawless. And I madmit, i don't have the peds to waste to go up there myself. But that doesn't mean I don't like the idea. Also I don't like pvp, but hey, that's just part of the game.

Entropia is not a kindergarten game. It's serious business. And with serious business can come great rewards but also great losses.

Respect for those venturing into space and taking the risk.

Also respect for those who choose to safely stay on the planet.

Yes, space will be dominated by the rich. But that doesn't mean it wont be open to all. You can still empty your inventory and hitch a ride with a space venturer. No risk for losses in that. Just for the experience.

Until I go up there, I hope you space travellers will upload some nice vids on youtube ;)

So let me see now.

I want to travel to a different planet and start my crafting business. I need to load up with tons of resources and then have to be flown through a lootable pvp zone. Err no thx.
YES! And that`s a good thing!
Some good stuff there, although does this mean that if we decide to take our entire storage and move to another planet, all the stackables could be looted from us during the trip?:scared:
In space and in contaminated zones you can now loot the destroyed vehicle's Inventory.

PKers r happy now :D

Finally PP cant screw up each other`s and more important Calypso`s economy, as bad as untill now, by adding our valuable resources in to they`r shitty mobs or crappy mining.... (escuse my english) and finally lootable pvp becomes lootable again!
GREAT WORK MA! + TONS of Rep!!!

so very awesome.. now i need a firefly class and a crew of scurvy bastards.

You guys do not know the pp agreements as it relates to space. One possibel scenario for WHY it is lootable may very well be for exactly the reasons you all have mentioned. "You will not go to Space" This means pp's whom have invested allot of cash into securing new players will retain their player base for longer on their own planets maybe....dunno, just a though :wise:

you seem to be confused about something

Planets that bring in players share a part of what these players are taxed with MindArk regardless of where these players are.

With such a condition as the above it's idiotic to force people down.

So far new planet owners have done nothing but to steal players from each other, including the very hyped Arkadia.
Translation, pp's have invested a lot of cash into stealing each others players, no cash has been invested into brand NEW players.

Also, fyi, many of the current players are "warding off" potential new players due to the poor in game experience. Translation, bad word of mouth.

you seem to be confused about something

Planets that bring in players share a part of what these players are taxed with MindArk regardless of where these players are.

With such a condition as the above it's idiotic to force people down.

So far new planet owners have done nothing but to steal players from each other, including the very hyped Arkadia.
Translation, pp's have invested a lot of cash into stealing each others players, no cash has been invested into brand NEW players.

Also, fyi, many of the current players are "warding off" potential new players due to the poor in game experience. Translation, bad word of mouth.
I had the same thought as Daisy. Why? Because MA is relying on PPs to do advertising...without them, no free advertising.

Indeed, MindArk effectively recreated world war 2.

.... (cut)

The proper direction would have been (in time, as old monopolistic players got drowned by the masses of newbies from the commercials MA should have made)

... (cut)

I've tried the cut to emphasise your contrast between two alternatives (without the details). Apologies if I've done this unfairly.

You're right to contrast a WW2 scenario (i.e. highest volume activity + state backed) against a consumer scenario (lots of volume + individual backed, at best), but in the real world the two tend to evolve like a sine curve. New opportunites are created by new resources, exploited by individuals, slowly dominated by monopolists, who get in a mess and are saved by the state, which together create new resources (or go bankrupt together).

I would like to think that Entropia is now in the new opportunities phase at the beginning of the cycle.

This is correct as I understand it, so if I should venture into space, I would never carry anything lootable, but ... it's not just about all of space being lootable PvP. Where the issue comes in for me is having to work against deadlines, as well as meeting up with people and planet partners on other planets in order to accomplish my media activities.

As things are right now, I would still be risking traveling through space and getting to my destinations on time and/or unscathed (meaning ... ship being PK'd, me being PK'd, reviving who knows where and having to make other arrangements to get where I need to go).

It also sounds way more costly as well, and not something that would become a frequent activity for sure.

Like I said ... I'm not against lootable PvP, or even PvP at all, but to have it cover all of space just doesn't make sense to me whatsoever.

To each his/her own! :wise:

Might I suggest that the journey may be as interesting as the destination.

No one's really tested out the new space concept, and already MA's being shredded to threads over it. It's amazing how everyone grabs a pitchfork and torch to join the angry mob without any REAL info other than release notes.

I'm not saying what MA did was ok, or that everythings going to be fine, what I am saying is no one really knows YET how it's all going to work out. Some thoughts to consider:

Speed: How fast are spaceships? I doubt it's based on agility, so if all ships have the same speed, than it's probably simple enough to just "run away" once you see a threat.

3D: You not only have forward/backward and left/right options for moving, you also have up and down (assumingly they did space the right way). How is radar going to work with this scenario? You may see a threat (or target) in front of you, but you'll have to look up/down to track your target...how difficult is this going to be?

Weapon Range: If there is a limit, you can still get away without having to worry much, depending on the speed.

Size of space: Last but not least, the total size of space. If it's vast, I doubt you'll have much worry about finding safe passage ways. If it's not that large, this might be a problem.

There's a lot to consider here, but I think that with time, all the issues will be ironed out. I find it really annoying that this new concept is being bashed as hard as it is without anyone really testing it out. I might not be as bad as people are making it out to be.

Scurvy bastards - a new profession?

Umm, skills ...... drinking, wenching (manching? boyching? jolly-rogering?), ricketsing, lack-of-a-proper-fathering, mutinying, rope-climbing, plank-walking, flogging .....

suscribing for later readings

Umm, skills ...... drinking, wenching (manching? boyching? jolly-rogering?), ricketsing, lack-of-a-proper-fathering, mutinying, rope-climbing, plank-walking, flogging .....

skills ?

I forgot to mention the skills that might be of interest to an employer ... boarding, cut-throating, and LOOTING.

Im sorry if that has already been posted, but ive noticed 2 things. Can anyone help?

Firstly, I cannot move the fire of hel on my vtol. I can move it in the space station by pressing my roller button thingy, then moving the mouse, but cant in space. My friends cant either.

We also noticed that the welding wire is stackable and lootale ( i looted seom from my mate). So this means that when you get blown up, your vtol is dead and you are revivied at the nearest space station ( which may not have a teleport) that there is no auction to buy more wire, so you cant repair your aircraft. Therefor stuck.... :scratch2:

Im sorry if that has already been posted, but ive noticed 2 things. Can anyone help?

Firstly, I cannot move the fire of hel on my vtol. I can move it in the space station by pressing my roller button thingy, then moving the mouse, but cant in space. My friends cant either.

I may have an idea about this: I noticed that I can not move the Fire of Hel if the Sleip is near the ground. Only when it climbs a bit I can move it again. Maybe it is connected to the "feet" of the Sleip that extend near the ground. Were you near a structure so your Sleip extended its feet?

Nothing wrong with the fact that all of space is pvp. Thats fine. But not all of it should be lootabled pvp.

There is a big difference between lootabled pvp in other games where you lose a few virtual items that you can get back in maybe a few hours or something. And having lootable pvp in a RCE where every item has a $ value. Its not right in any way shape or form to even allow one player to steal thousands of REAL dollars from another. At best i would consider MA an accessory to robbery in such an instance.

I can forgive pvp 3/4 because they are small clearly marked areas. Areas where no one would dream of taking their entire storage into. I still think its completely wrong in a RCE, but ill at least forgive it because they are small clearly marked areas.

But making all of space lootable, in an area where you WILL have people passing with their entire storage, is just wrong on every level.

What i would like to see happen is someone get looted for a large amount and successfully bring criminal robbery charges against the looter. Because really that's what it amounts to when every item has a $ value. Its no different then taking someones wallet in real life.

------------

They don't need lootable pvp to let pvp produce loot. The attacker is already expending resources which could fund loots. You dont need to have MA sanctioned REAL LIFE piracy/robbery, to let pvp produce loot. Like the toxic shots funding loots in pvp 4, the decay from weapons and space travel fees could easily fund pvp loot in space.

Last edited:
This is correct as I understand it, so if I should venture into space, I would never carry anything lootable, but ... it's not just about all of space being lootable PvP. Where the issue comes in for me is having to work against deadlines, as well as meeting up with people and planet partners on other planets in order to accomplish my media activities.

As things are right now, I would still be risking traveling through space and getting to my destinations on time and/or unscathed (meaning ... ship being PK'd, me being PK'd, reviving who knows where and having to make other arrangements to get where I need to go).

It also sounds way more costly as well, and not something that would become a frequent activity for sure.

Like I said ... I'm not against lootable PvP, or even PvP at all, but to have it cover all of space just doesn't make sense to me whatsoever.

To each his/her own! :wise:

If I was a gambling man I'd wager it's actually cheaper now than before if you carry no stackables.

I may have an idea about this: I noticed that I can not move the Fire of Hel if the Sleip is near the ground. Only when it climbs a bit I can move it again. Maybe it is connected to the "feet" of the Sleip that extend near the ground. Were you near a structure so your Sleip extended its feet?

No I am in the middle of spcae lol but nice idea :)

There is one skill where im total noob.
Its called nondepositing.
Maybe i start to skill that.

OK after a few mosre tests, I def cannot move my fire of hel.

Also, the welding wire is lootable from the ship, the person, and when held in other vehicles in thier inventory. Effectively stranding them at the nearest space station or mother ship (unless its a one with a tp, then you could tp back to a planet for 7ped and go to auction)

Maybe a lucrative bussiness to stand at the spce stations and sell wire.... as you have the customers stranded!

(the problem being hoping you dont get looted as you try to get to the space station to set up your business!)

Okay, I'm curious: Does the Sleip retract its feet in space? If not then we found a bug. :)
Its feet only come down if another vehicle comes close, then they try and land on each other.

The controls for the vtol change a bit in space, im wondering if it related. Ive tried l the ways i can think of to move this gun, but its truely stuck.

If I was a gambling man I'd wager it's actually cheaper now than before if you carry no stackables.

Cost is one thing ... wasted time is another, but we'll have to see how the cost of everything works out.

Also nice that there are blueprints with ingredients not all found on one planet, which forces people to have to travel to other planets to get resources or hire someone to do it for them, with still a big risk as to whether they'll get back without being looted. And as was just mentioned ... welding wire is a stackable ... as are many other resources.

Nice! :wise:

Back