Entropia Universe 12.6.3 Release Notes

Thx all! Its fixed!!!!!

Thx Quark and all other for the solution! It worked with editing bootfile.

And what a dumb fuck PR w/o a word for day(S) from MA.

And what a dumb fuck PR w/o a word for day(S) from MA.

I only had to wait 8 hours for my response, then again, it was one of those overnight things. * shrugs *

I'm just going to keep waiting for MA to fix this bug on thier own. I'm surprised it's not fixed already.

Well, I hope they fix it soon too, so you can and everyone else not brave enough to do these work arounds can get in the normal way. You know, I think this thread should be made a sticky, so that MA is reminded of this for a long time to come.

Anyone else feel this thread should be a sticky?

It seems this problem only affected ppl with Windows XP 32 bits.

After installing Win 7 32 bits the game worked without any problem. (to be honest needed to do a format a long time ago) Not all have this chance to acquire a new OS or even to download the full game again! (weak internet connection or monthly download limits)

Nevertheless is sad when are the own players that found out how to resolve bad code. Not even a info on client loader or on foruns about this problem. Special when we'll have a event in 1 day and when in 2 planets atleast you can loot new things.

Shame on you MindArk !!!

It seems this problem only affected ppl with Windows XP 32 bits.

After installing Win 7 32 bits the game worked without any problem. (to be honest needed to do a format a long time ago) Not all have this chance to acquire a new OS or even to download the full game again! (weak internet connection or monthly download limits)

Nevertheless is sad when are the own players that found out how to resolve bad code. Not even a info on client loader or on foruns about this problem. Special when we'll have a event in 1 day and when in 2 planets atleast you can loot new things.

Shame on you MindArk !!!

There were a certain select few with Vista and 7 x86 (32-bit) that had trouble too but most of them were Win XP and 2003 related.

A note about how Microsoft boot.ini switches work can be found here before you begin:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316739

To Install VU 12.6.3 on Windows XP via this method: (if you don't have 3 or more GB RAM, I may have another solution)

1. You need 3 ~ 4 GB of RAM installed in your computer minimum
(works for XP x64 too)

2. Goto "My Computer" on your desktop, click on the right mouse
button, scroll down to "Properties" and left mouse button click.

3. Under the General Tab check the "Computer:" section
for 3.00 to 3.25 GB RAM showing up.

a. If you don't have that amount you need a copy of the
new files to supplement a manual patch.

or

b. If you do have this amount of RAM continue to #5

5. Click on the "Advanced" tab in the "System Properties" window.

6. Click on the "Settings" button under the "Startup and Recovery" section.

7. Click on the "Edit" button, a new "notepad.exe" window will open
with the current settings you have in the boot.ini file.

8. The current boot.ini will look like this:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

9. Change it so it contains the switches for 3 GB RAM visibility
and user environment as 2560 MB, depends on how your system
chip set is using your memory you will get 2.0 ~ 2.5 GB RAM
to work with. Change the boot.ini to look like this

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /3GB /Userva=2560

10. Click on "File" drop down menu, click on "Save",
go to reboot your computer normally.

11. When you reboot, go download immediately.

12. While you wait for it to download, you can go back
to the System Properties window for the boot.ini
and edit the file again to reflect the old setting
as:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

13. Hit "File" in drop down menu and hit "Save".

14. Now this will not take effect until you reboot your
system after your installation / update completes
correctly. When you are done doing that installation
update.

15. Run the "Repair Tool" on the "clientloader" and look
for files that don't belong, delete them if they
appear.

16. Close the "clientloader" and go to reboot your
computer normally. Then come in to the game and
enjoy.

This was the fix for me, SP3, 32 bit. Many thanks Quark. :yay:

altho timeout 30, I always change to 3

Thx Quark,editing the bootfile works here for me too.

I got 2 computers, both with xp sp3. One with a 4G ram and one with 2G ram. The 4G one updated successfully without porblem, the 2G one crashed all the time during the downloading.

I tried editing the bootfile on the 2G one as Quark's suggestion and it worked.

And thanks to all who gave suggestions. :)

Thanks for the help...did not work for me unfortunately...

The first post in this thread about the failed up-date was at 05-29-2012, 11:42. Two days later & nothing has changed'

What is it with MA that they continue to release fucked up up-dates? Does management get the staff so pissed off they sabotage the up-dates? I'd rather wait 2 years for an up-date then continue to put up with this rubbish. I'll be looking at chipping out & withdrawing my money, I think.

And why the no response? Just leave people up in the air waiting. Such bad PR. They have had so many of these bad releases at least they should be ready to reply to people with something.

Last edited:
seems like ma has sorted this out as when i tried to download this morning, it went smoothly.

yipeeeeeeeee

seems like ma has sorted this out as when i tried to download this morning, it went smoothly.

yipeeeeeeeee

dont think i have the update though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good or bad lol

Thx Quark,editing the bootfile works here for me too.

I got 2 computers, both with xp sp3. One with a 4G ram and one with 2G ram. The 4G one updated successfully without porblem, the 2G one crashed all the time during the downloading.

I tried editing the bootfile on the 2G one as Quark's suggestion and it worked.

And thanks to all who gave suggestions. :)

Glad it worked for you and that you didn't have those certain select computers with that goofy chip set series.

Thanks for the help...did not work for me unfortunately...

Can you give me some more details about that computer of yours? How much memory you have, what computer manufacturer and model it is (and version of the motherboard if you know it or is IDed on the computer somewhere). I strongly suspect you might need the updated files to be dropped in the correct directories as a replacement for the ones that are there already.

I don't know if MA has fixed it as of yet although I am hearing some people are still having trouble so I would assume that not to be the case unless it's another bug that has cropped up after one was squashed.

dont think i have the update though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good or bad lol

The updates were 290 MB to 580 MB depending on your computer OS and previous installation of the VU, meaning if it was a fresh install vs. a normal VU roll-over (or was it a steam-roller this time?).

The updates were 290 MB to 580 MB depending on your computer OS and previous installation of the VU, meaning if it was a fresh install vs. a normal VU roll-over (or was it a steam-roller this time?).
steamroller, definitely :p :laugh:

New update today guys and it works for me now

thank god as i didnt particularly want to mess about with the settings

thanks for all your help:wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg:

New update today guys and it works for me now

thank god as i didnt particularly want to mess about with the settings

thanks for all your help:wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg:

Glad you are back in and I hope this works for the rest of you, in Win 2k / 2k3 / XP series operating systems.

Back