Entropia Universe 12.8.2 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Bug fixes

• An issue preventing new arrivals from being able to log in to the Planet Calypso startroom has been corrected.
  • Several issues causing server instability have been corrected.
  • Several issues related to redemption of skill rewards for completed missions have been corrected.
  • Item information is now displayed for items placed in shopkeepers.
  • The browse tab is now disabled while construction is in progress.
  • Tools no longer unequip themselves automatically when they decay below minimum condition.
  • Health points once again display decimal values.
  • An issue causing the crafting interface current page to display a value higher than total page count has been corrected.
  • In the crafting interface, it is no longer possible to select a higher number of attempts than remaining attempts.
  • In the crafting interface, when remaining attempts reaches zero it will become highlighted in red and the construct button will become disabled.
  • The content download requirement for the Genesis startroom has been corrected, lowered to ~400 MB of data.
Known Issues

• Client freezes when the "pause download" button is pressed in the dynamic content download interface while in a startroom.
  • The death animation of running creatures can be delayed by several seconds in certain situations.
  • Several issues arise while using the auto-craft feature of the new construction interface.
  • The item information panel does not display properly for weapons and items that have been placed in a shopkeeper. The items still work normally, but the information and enhancer panels are blank. This issue will be corrected in an upcoming patch.
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

I cant login the game, i logged out on FOMA Main Arena, now when i login it tells me the server is not available, when i press Continue to connect to another server i get a message that there is no other server.

Anyone else could login on FOMA?

I got a 150 PED Claim waiting, like 19 hours left, i hope things go quick now :)

Greets

Last edited:
Not only are you first, but you are also providing a very meaningful and valuable contribution to the discussion.

Anyhow,

if this is all, then why did they need 2 hours?

nice Vu

whent to foma i enter foma but thats it can't go to any of the area's there or a dome stuck in landing zone and i am not alone .

PS: when will MA learn ???

Not only are you first, but you are also providing a very meaningful and valuable contribution to the discussion.

Anyhow,

if this is all, then why did they need 2 hours?

Guess you don't have any experience with updating systems... this time is needed to make backups, migrate new content and do few checks after updating.

A few of the Calypso servers are still offline but should be available within the next 15 minutes or so.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks in advance for your patience.

Last edited:
Guess you don't have any experience with updating systems... this time is needed to make backups, migrate new content and do few checks after updating.

Totally agree that a VU takes time, yet the word few made me :flip: , especially after the catastrophic VU 12.8.0

/Slupor

A few of the Calypso servers are still offline but should be available within the next 15 minutes or so.

Sorry for the convenience, and thanks in advance for your patience.

Bjorn....
on another note.... what happend to mobs on foma... :(

we need corn and dasp... :(

anything u can do about that?

I cant login the game, i logged out on FOMA Main Arena, now when i login it tells me the server is not available, when i press Continue to connect to another server i get a message that there is no other server.

Anyone else could login on FOMA?

I got a 150 PED Claim waiting, like 19 hours left, i hope things go quick now :)

Greets

Isn't like that when VU is implementing all remaining times inside EU are just paused? Like auction and claims?

Bjorn....

The spawn rate of creatures on land areas is the responsibility of the land owner, who has control of the DNA settings.

I would suggest contacting the land area owner if you desire changes to the density or maturity.

Bjorn....

FOMA is owned by Foma, so probably he didn't feed them with ferlitizer. :eyecrazy:

The spawn rate of creatures on land areas is the responsibility of the land owner, who has control of the DNA settings.

I would suggest contacting the land area owner if you desire changes to the density or maturity.

John Kalun.... they say he was in hospital, and then we didnt hear anything nomore...
i thought dasp hunters were good for MA aswell. :(

Bertha wrote:

•Tools no longer unequip themselves automatically when they decay below minimum condition.

Rick replies:

ohhh? I kind of liked that feature. I didn't realise it was a bug.

Good to see some reward mission bugs are fixed, hopefully can continue Levi again.
HP bar fixed...superb.

Rick

I got connection lost in every 15min.

Well, the backing up can be done before hand.

Also: most VU's take a lot shorter than this one has. Taking your statement, does this mean that on the other VU's, no backups were made, nor checks after (uuuuh...well...)

John Kalun.... they say he was in hospital, and then we didnt hear anything nomore...
i thought dasp hunters were good for MA aswell. :(

True, but if MA would start feeding his fertilizer, what do you think would rest of LA owners do?

Also: most VU's take a lot shorter than this one has. Taking your statement, does this mean that on the other VU's, no backups were made, nor checks after (uuuuh...well...)

Think for a moment please.... how would you create backup of something that changes constantly??
It is needed to take server offline to do backup, therefore not possible to do it before hand :wise:

Yeah, and then you backup systems with critical bugs like there were in the last patch. In case anything goes wrong you have to do the same work again (because you have old ported bugs) and additionally you have new bugs spawning with new content. OFC they backup old content, but backing up untested new content is just not sensible imo. Server downtime is money for MA, so I believe they have a strong incentive to get a VU over with as smoothly as possible. It would be nice if everything went well, but this is going to happen once in a blue moon.

The communication from MA is getting better for every VU update :) Good job!

Cant log back on

Right after VU was all OK on Calypso but now it started to fail alot and then suddenly couldn't do anything at all.
Tought relog will help but now I cant get back on, just gives me message: "A timeout has occured during the login process. Please try again in a few minutes. ":mad:

NM its working now .

Last edited:

I don't know if it's fixed, but it has happened in the past that after a VU (when servers have been taken down), certain land grab LAs has been completely empty of mobs for which there is DNA after a VU even if a check at fertilizer terminal shows there should be plenty.

This only goes for mobs with DNA - while there are no mobs with DNA there are plenty of "natural" mobs around (exosaurs, trilomites, hiryuu etc).

Was it in this update that the auction orders stoped giving information about the item to be bought ?

Back