Entropia Universe 15.7.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Changes
  • Mining finders will now use available Universal Ammo in place of Survey Probes.
  • (L) Rings can now be converted to Universal Ammo using any refiner tool. Note that the ring must be at max value for the transformation to work.
  • Consumable pills have new graphics to make them easier to differentiate from one another.
  • Social skills are no longer included in the skill point total in the skill user interface.

Known Issues
  • There is an issue causing some item info panel models and Strongbox Items to show up as dark or missing.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

First of all, thank you!

And again, I want to repeat:

It would be good to finish this fine solution:

All bounded or non-tradable items can be refined or exchanged to Universal Ammo.
TT (full or partial) of all bounded (non-tradable) items = TT of UA

Exceptions: Startup Area gifts can not be refined.

This can help us to clean our storages!

There are too many items in boxes, which can not be used by miners.

Yes, pets can be converted in Stables to Animal essence.
Yes, full TT (L) rings can be transformed.

But there are:
Partial TT (L) Rings, Autoloot pills, all these boosters for hunters only and too many items, which are bound and cannot be sold (also items from Web Shop!).

Take a look, and clear our storages, and your databases!

PS I do not thought about crafters, because in Strong Boxes they can not loot something for their profession. But stop!!! Maybe all Explosives BP should use UA too?!!!! Or not? Please one ATH for me (In gratitude for my idea :laugh:)!!!

Last edited:
Changes
  • Mining finders will now use available Universal Ammo in place of Survey Probes.
  • (L) Rings can now be converted to Universal Ammo using any refiner tool. Note that the ring must be at max value for the transformation to work.
  • Consumable pills have new graphics to make them easier to differentiate from one another.
  • Social skills are no longer included in the skill point total in the skill user interface.

Known Issues
  • There is an issue causing some item info panel models and Strongbox Items to show up as dark or missing.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Finally a good move in the right direction, only took a gazillions of support cases and made a lot of people angry for a easy fix like this.
Now please extend this thing to all non TT-able items, allow us to transform them in universal ammo.
It's a win/win situation, less useless support cases, complaining about all these items, more free time to answer the real support cases, more players happy, in the end you'll take your cut from universal ammo return anyway.

Too bad I only looted L rings which were not full tt at all.

So, what do I do with those?

we asked for it and now here is the result,not in 100% proportion as we wanted but still.was better as others were saying that even the lower TT value Rings could be refined into UA. I hope we will see it in the next version release.

Wow that was quite an update there. I hope they didn't over spend on development costs to get that one out there in time for Christmas.

:wtg::eyecrazy::broke::poke:

All Aeglic and Athenic rings were given not full tt, at least I have a few dozens of each sitting exactly at 8/10 and 9/10 ped, correspondingly.

Was hopeing for a better way to convert L rings, like combining a few dozend for an unlimited version, or improving an unlimited version at an npc by adding lots of L rings to it - i hope when i now tt my L rings that i wont regret it when they introduce a different usage for them later on...

I thought MA had already done so that the rings with partial TT can be transformed. But this is only Bertha again! :(

Was hopeing for a better way to convert L rings, like combining a few dozend for an unlimited version, or improving an unlimited version at an npc by adding lots of L rings to it - i hope when i now tt my L rings that i wont regret it when they introduce a different usage for them later on...

I wouldn't tt your rings for this reason. But the less patient or quitting avatars needed this option. Least we might have multiple options now. Might even be the solution to tt all user bound stuff.. or some anyway.

Last edited:
any body else lost 2k in skills with update? was at 311k this morn now just 309k?

any body else lost 2k in skills with update? was at 311k this morn now just 309k?

Social skills were removed.. per patch notes...

I assume that's promoter rating and reputation and a few others.

Also, someone should check if other things can be thrown in the refiner and converted to Universal Ammo...you know how MA is and their coding...
And after this we would have converted to UA: 3x Mod FAP, 7x Imp FAP, 2x Mod Merc's, 1x UL 8 Mining Amp and so on. Nothing wrong, players just testing new VU :lolup:

Changes

Bugger, I knew it.....MA were pushed for a fast solution, so they went for the quickest solution. They were never going to let it be converted to ped.

Oh well the dream of ring upgrades, or something else gone then.

Rick

WTG MA !!!
[*]mining finders will now use available universal ammo in place of survey probes.]
Great !! a fix for those who are pure miners so they too can use the universal ammo from the boxes and starter kits..

Am I alone in being totally pissed off at this ill thought out solution ? or am I missing something ?
As a hunter/miner I am now unable to keep track of my ammo/probe costs v my returns. Already mucked up one session before I realised the problem.
Guess if we want to keep a proper track of expenditure /returns we are going to need yet more spreadsheets, and more care taken over every pec of ammo etc we carry.. Hell I used to do less record keeping at work than I am now needing to do in a game ffs.
and yes I am aware I could leave the universal in storage if I want to mine, but hey guess what there are mobs out there, generally I kill those in my path, now I will have to remember to not carry universal if mining, and to not mine if carrying universal for hunting.
Surely the addition of 1 more little itty bitty button could have made this so much better.
When using the finder all it needs is a button to select 'use universal' This would put the choice in the hands of the player.

[*] consumable pills have new graphics to make them easier to differentiate from one another.
Please stop fixing things that aint broke and fix some of the many many bugs that piss people off.
Why couldn't the existing pills just be clearly colour coded. Simple 2 minute programming fix instead of someone needing to design from scratch.

I am tired of VU after VU with unnecessary silly additional stuff, changes to things that look fine and are in some cases still so new we don't need to make them look more up-to-date, and 3 or more new bugs introduced.

Yet again it is VU day, yet again I am logged off instead of playing and spending ped.
Your call MA ..prioritize what players really want... a game that works.. or see less and less of us (well me anyway)

I'm kind of confused from a mining standpoint. Since miners mine (and don't dig up universal ammo), they now have to resort to hunting, buying boxes for universal ammo, or buying shrapnel (most likely at MU) to get 'ammo' for mining. Since hunters have the ability to buy ammo from TT OR convert shrapnel for more ammo, why did miners get the shaft (pun intended) by being limited to use only universal ammo?

Is it because hunters make more turnover in comparison to all other vocations and by forcing them to only use universal ammo/shrapnel, it would cause a huge spike in MU for shrapnel thus increasing cost to play for everyone? That is the only logical reasoning that I can think of, but it doesn't mean that miners should've had probes stripped from them. They should've made it the same as hunters.. use universal ammo or TT ammo, your choice. If you use universal ammo you get a bonus % of ammo back from converting shrapnel at the cost of not being able to trade/TT it.

IDK though, I'm just a hunter and not a miner, but it doesn't make much sense to me. :scratch2::scratch2:

I'm kind of confused from a mining standpoint. Since miners mine (and don't dig up universal ammo), they now have to resort to hunting, buying boxes for universal ammo, or buying shrapnel (most likely at MU) to get 'ammo' for mining. Since hunters have the ability to buy ammo from TT OR convert shrapnel for more ammo, why did miners get the shaft (pun intended) by being limited to use only universal ammo?

Is it because hunters make more turnover in comparison to all other vocations and by forcing them to only use universal ammo/shrapnel, it would cause a huge spike in MU for shrapnel thus increasing cost to play for everyone? That is the only logical reasoning that I can think of, but it doesn't mean that miners should've had probes stripped from them. They should've made it the same as hunters.. use universal ammo or TT ammo, your choice. If you use universal ammo you get a bonus % of ammo back from converting shrapnel at the cost of not being able to trade/TT it.

IDK though, I'm just a hunter and not a miner, but it doesn't make much sense to me. :scratch2::scratch2:

Eh no probes are still in in TT, its so people miners get boxs can transform rings/u ammo into probes.

WTG MA !!!

Great !! a fix for those who are pure miners so they too can use the universal ammo from the boxes and starter kits..

Am I alone in being totally pissed off at this ill thought out solution ? or am I missing something ?
As a hunter/miner I am now unable to keep track of my ammo/probe costs v my returns. Already mucked up one session before I realised the problem.
Guess if we want to keep a proper track of expenditure /returns we are going to need yet more spreadsheets, and more care taken over every pec of ammo etc we carry.. Hell I used to do less record keeping at work than I am now needing to do in a game ffs.
and yes I am aware I could leave the universal in storage if I want to mine, but hey guess what there are mobs out there, generally I kill those in my path, now I will have to remember to not carry universal if mining, and to not mine if carrying universal for hunting.
Surely the addition of 1 more little itty bitty button could have made this so much better.
When using the finder all it needs is a button to select 'use universal' This would put the choice in the hands of the player.

Please stop fixing things that aint broke and fix some of the many many bugs that piss people off.
Why couldn't the existing pills just be clearly colour coded. Simple 2 minute programming fix instead of someone needing to design from scratch.

I am tired of VU after VU with unnecessary silly additional stuff, changes to things that look fine and are in some cases still so new we don't need to make them look more up-to-date, and 3 or more new bugs introduced.

Yet again it is VU day, yet again I am logged off instead of playing and spending ped.
Your call MA ..prioritize what players really want... a game that works.. or see less and less of us (well me anyway)

all this is extremely well said! :wise:

edit: Crystal Palace. when doing relog inside the dome you end up topside of the dome. hit T or jump down to death is way to get back in..i remember same bug? been there from way back to 2006 Surely there wud be easy fix also to this bug? Like Granny said : Please stop fixing things that aint broke and fix some of the many many bugs that piss people off.

On the plus side, miners now can buy their "probes" from webshop without fees.

I play PE/EU in window mode (with two monitors) and with last VU my EU window was auto resized in 16:9

GRUNT!

Hope we can reset size again.
Other than that this VU seems to me a step forward, so tnx MA and go on as we hope more to come ^^

DRM

p.s. AAAAAAAAAAARGH can't adjust r_Heightwin anymore more than 720 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Anyone has other solution in order to avoid at+tab between 2 monitors? Ty

Last edited:
Now when I'm Surveying I must storage my Uni Ammo >

To use my probes? WTF I buy the ammo from the store to be used in my WEAPONS but I can't use that ammo when I'm surveying with probes it auto decides to use uni ammo.

Fail Fail Fail.

Eh no probes are still in in TT, its so people miners get boxs can transform rings/u ammo into probes.

Oh okay, I read it as miners can ONLY use universal ammo and not probes. NVM then

Oh okay, I read it as miners can ONLY use universal ammo and not probes. NVM then

That would just be silly. To the crystal Palace bugs etc, your anger and frustration is at the wrong people. Only calypso devs can fix that. Mindark updates and expands capabilities with the platform.

Calypso devs need to stop with the compets and fix those problems. But all resources are on that development (which is sad).. so.. dont hold your breath.

That would just be silly.

I wouldn't put it past MA to do something like this. Also, you must admit the wording is pretty awkward and confusing:

Mining finders will now use available Universal Ammo in place of Survey Probes.

I wouldn't put it past MA to do something like this. Also, you must admit the wording is pretty awkward and confusing:

Mining finders will now use available Universal Ammo in place of Survey Probes.

Hey, you had me believing it and I went back and re-read the original post. :dunno:

In that sentence it is the word 'available' which makes a whole world of difference. It uses the ammo preferentially if you have both, and once again I shake my head at just how primative the programming is!

Not that it surprises me. While I like it that ammo we are 'forced' to use has a wider range of use (either bought UA etc. or once converted from shrapnel), what originally helped keep tabs on cost better (using an exact amount of ammo that wasn't in loots) has now muddied the water again for mixed activities. As such, that is stupid imho.

And can MA please have vus which actually move planned developments forwards and not just leave us sitting on empty promises AGAIN and ag... a ag a ag....

Consumable pills have new graphics to make them easier to differentiate from one another.
But it was too hard to change the description to accurately reflect whether they are actually dropped in PVP areas or not?!?! :scratch2:

Back