Entropia Universe Ambassadors for GO3 Electronic & Entertainment Expo in Perth, Australia, 1-3 August, 2008

Hmmm.....only $200 odd for a cheap ticket to Perth :yay:

*applies for leave* :D

I hope you are able to make it mate, shame that ship of yours can't fly you there :p Maybe you and Jod can make a cardboard ship for the convention :)

Here are some ideas to get you both started:

Last edited:
An Important Note for those thinking of attending:

Entry to the expo is FREE

Yes GO3 now has free entry for all three days!

So drop in and see us if you can :)

- Deathifier

and It's soon

Just reviewed the whole post and its a helluva line up.

Just reviewed the whole post and its a great laugh.

Within this post there are a a lot of key Aussie participants and also in Bag's "Attention to to all Australians" post there are heaps or Aussies.

The convention is open soon and the bar afterwards.
It all has the potentials of being a spectacular get together.
...book a cheap fight and show some EU solidarity for OZ in this get together :D

Goldie...
I will be at the sweat camp on mon and tuesday next week and maybe drop in over the weekend to check on some others starting out.

Glad to see players just want me for my toys not my mind ;)

Going to try and get some stuff printed up for the expo will be sporting my new synth suit - black of course, the latest EU clothing rage. Its made from what we here on Earth call....black plackie bags....and after 8 hrs on the stand it is very slimming, warm and a source of natural salty water.

See you there very soon.

Bags

Goldie...
I will be at the sweat camp on mon and tuesday next week and maybe drop in over the weekend to check on some others starting out.

Glad to see players just want me for my toys not my mind ;)

Going to try and get some stuff printed up for the expo will be sporting my new synth suit - black of course, the latest EU clothing rage. Its made from what we here on Earth call....black plackie bags....and after 8 hrs on the stand it is very slimming, warm and a source of natural salty water.

See you there very soon.

Bags

Too be totally honest I haven't the slightest clue what to wear come late next week :ahh:

maybe I'll wear my office clothes, just hope they don't recognise me :laugh: , most of me fellow workmates play other games... Though I do too...

None of them were even interested in hearing about Entropia, sadly. Can't blame a guy for trying. ;)

- Nightwolf

Lol bags I can't wait to see your expensive garbage bag suit :)

Night, good on you for having a go - it's a fairly strange concept to get across to people, I guess.

Only SIX SLEEPS TO GO!!!! (till we meet you guys on Thursday and help set up etc!).

So the Saturday is the day for drinks!

The expo finishes at 6pm that day, so I suspect those that are interested turn up to the stand before that time, and we can sort ourselves out from then.

Shaz Monaro.... wondering what dress I should wear... ;)

So the Saturday is the day for drinks!

The expo finishes at 6pm that day, so I suspect those that are interested turn up to the stand before that time, and we can sort ourselves out from then.

Shaz Monaro.... wondering what dress I should wear... ;)

Me too!!!!

I don't have anything as spunky as ingame.

Yeah, Saturday afternoon/evening makes a lot of sense to me - expos usually end at 5pm at the convention centre if I recall correctly from other expos I've been a part of, so we simply take a walk up the street to the Hilton and hit the bar!

This is kinda surreal in a way - all of a sudden our virtual reality is going to shift to RL. Wonder if I'll get away with saying "WOOT" in real life? It's different when you type it.

Seriously can't wait to meet all you Aussies! PE is gonna be even better after this!

This is kinda surreal in a way - all of a sudden our virtual reality is going to shift to RL. Wonder if I'll get away with saying "WOOT" in real life? It's different when you type it.

I say woot ,nub, and lol daily, what are you implying :scratch2:

Cheers Shaz - handy to find out the hours of the expo, since SFE's going to try and be there for as much of it as possible.

I say woot ,nub, and lol daily, what are you implying :scratch2:

Lol I'm obviously not quite as much of an uber-g33k as I should be, yet. I'm trying though. I will practice. I'll start with "n000000000b", then move on to "uber!" and when I feel I'm ready, I'll start bringing "w00t!" into everyday speech.

ALSO!

I've decided to start blogging on the expo, for those who want to know all about how it goes. Go here to read about it:
http://forum.southernfortress.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=189&p=2183#p2183

Might be some minor problems with drinks on Saturday.
I just got info from the organisers that they (in conjunction with the IGDA) are hosting an after-expo function for exhibitors on Saturday, and it would be expected that some (if not all) of the Entropia contingent will be present.

So if you want everyone together in a big mob you might have to hold the Entropia function on Sunday :/

Bye,
Deathifier

hmmmmm well what about the friday?

Either Sunday or Friday works for me... Although Friday, as an EU Ambassador, I shouldn't drink too much, wouldn't want to be knocked out :laugh:

- Nightwolf

Friday is out for me... but don't let me influence the decision. Sunday can be a bit restrictive for others too..

Shaz Monaro

I just got info from the organisers that they (in conjunction with the IGDA) are hosting an after-expo function for exhibitors on Saturday, and it would be expected that some (if not all) of the Entropia contingent will be present.

So if you want everyone together in a big mob you might have to hold the Entropia function on Sunday :/

Bye,
Deathifier

Hmm I seem to remember getting into these afterparties (yes at the convention centre) just by hanging out with the right people. As long as we're not destroying furniture (though it is mighty tempting)

hmmmmm well what about the friday?

On Friday the ambassador team will be working nearly 12 hours, and have to be up reasonably early the next day.
I'm sure some of them might want to party, however I reckon most will just want to get some sleep.

Sunday might work better, though I won't know how long it takes us to pack everything up until the 31st when we unpack everything.
I suspect it won't take too long though.

Hmm I seem to remember getting into these afterparties (yes at the convention centre) just by hanging out with the right people. As long as we're not destroying furniture (though it is mighty tempting)

Yeah it might be possible to bring extras in, however turning up with a huge crowd may not be appreciated. We'll see what happens on the day.

- Deathifier

Sunday drinks works for Missa and I.

We fly back out on Monday.

I hope you are able to make it mate, shame that ship of yours can't fly you there :p Maybe you and Jod can make a cardboard ship for the convention :)

Here are some ideas to get you both started:

Got my ticket, and for $170 I wouldn't be surprised if the plane looks like those ones. :laugh: :eek:

Will be good to catch up with you guys. :yay:

Going to be some long days for the Ambassadors, and sounds like MA will have functions planned for after hours.

Would be bad form to turn up uninvited, so I reckon play it by ear for a get-together drink.

Sunday sounds like the go, maybe a meal at the local Chinese?.....skilling Shortblade with chopsticks!! :D

Got my ticket, and for $170 I wouldn't be surprised if the plane looks like those ones. :laugh: :eek:

Cool, looking forward to meeting you... only seen the pic that Dave had with you and Grrrrr!

Cheers,
Missa

Reactions: Aly

Will be good to catch up with you guys. :yay:

Going to be some long days for the Ambassadors, and sounds like MA will have functions planned for after hours.

Would be bad form to turn up uninvited, so I reckon play it by ear for a get-together drink.

Sunday sounds like the go, maybe a meal at the local Chinese?.....skilling Shortblade with chopsticks!! :D

That's awesome to hear you're coming Mulga :)

I think Qantas were using a plane designed by the same people over the Phillipines this week - here's hoping we have a better Jet tomorrow :p

Make sure you have a drink with my name on it on sunday guys....

Sunday is my birthday and I was so hoping to make it to celebrate with you guys....

But alas it was just not to be....

So someone remember to bring me home some figurines hehehe...

have a great time

Echo

Bye,
Deathifier

Sunday works for SFE. We were planning on having our AGM on Friday night anyway (concentration levels permitting! 12 hours on the booth is one hell of a stint).

Back