Entropia Universe Cash Card Update

I also have not depo'd in about 4 months (maybe longer).

I am not specifically waiting for a resolution on this issue, or suggesting some form of boycott exists, but until my trust in MA is restored I don't see myself depositing again. How can this come about? Well... I'll let them find a way, be it dropping more foot guards, addressing the false advertising, or some other approach that significantly improves my opinion of their trustworthiness.

I also have not depo'd in about 4 months (maybe longer).

I am not specifically waiting for a resolution on this issue, or suggesting some form of boycott exists, but until my trust in MA is restored I don't see myself depositing again. How can this come about? Well... I'll let them find a way, be it dropping more foot guards, addressing the false advertising, or some other approach that significantly improves my opinion of their trustworthiness.

Im all with u there. One of the WEIRDEST things in this matter with the cashcard is that MA STILL sells a nonexisting nonworking cashcard in EUs tradeterminals ? Would ANY of u all out there pay $ 25 for a Visa or mastercard that u wouldnt be able to use ???:eek::rolleyes:

i haven't read all of the thread so apologies if this has been mentioned before.

Has anyone tried putting in a support case on this to MA to see what they say?

i haven't read all of the thread so apologies if this has been mentioned before.

Has anyone tried putting in a support case on this to MA to see what they say?

Yes I did 2 times last year when they where lying about an "existing working" cashcard in all kind of media. I did NOT get a satisfying reply. Then i sent another supp.case this summer and asked WHEN we will get thoose cards and WHY they still was sold in the TT. Answer i got . Keep an eye on this thread and we PROMISE u will soon have that question answered. That was in June or july ! What is MA supports definition of "SOON" i wonder :S:rolleyes:

Based on the fact that we have been waiting almost 5 years for the "promised" vehicles, a hell of a lot longer than 3-4 months.

No matter which way I twist and turn this card issue, I can't think of any decent reason for not having them already.
Frankly, I gave up and try not to think about; it just makes me truly sad to see stupid things like this from a company that pretends to be honest. Even sadder is the fact that there are still people believing all that BS.

I was just checking Mindarks homepage and noticed to my surprise theres STILL Videos there "PR videos" that STILL spreads the lie about an existing cashcard. Even with a short episode with a guy who runs down to an ATM machine to withdraw :eek: Found in the second interwiew with Marco from 2006. Is THIS normal behaviour from a company that wants to be seen as HONEST and wants to be respected ? And last of all at least as of last year Bragged about going public ??? Which of cause never happend at least not this far ! I think EVERY and each player are VERY aware of the fact that the cashcard at least for the time being is pure BS ! And I for one thinks its very high time for MA to come clean in this matter, Both here to us players and come up with an appology to us players for this MISSINFORMATION. Furthermore i think it is in its place They "MA" comes clean in public press and media and explains the whole situation about theese cards in Newspapers, computer magazines etc. If just for the sole reason to at least TRY to save their own faces. As it is now and has been. They just continues to give us all the impression they cant be trusted and are dishonest in this matter. - REP for this MA.

Well after 4 weeks of waiting for my cash card(i ordered about 1 and 3/4 year ago and was told the provider dropped them, and they where in negotiations with another company) i find this thread and to my surprise there still isnt a cash card, i dont know how long this has been going on, but i filed a support case requesting a refund of my 250 peds, which i did get, i also requested an official statement as to why they are still being sold in the trade terminal and here is the response i got:

13 Nov 2008 Entropia Support:
Hi,

Unfortunately it is not possible to withdraw funds with a Cash Card at the moment. MindArk is negotiating with several potential partners interested in providing this service for Entropia Universe participants. Further information will be provided at the website when it becomes available.

We have now canceled your Entropia Cash Card order and the full purchase price has been refunded to your PED-card.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

/-------------/-----------------/-----------------/---------------/
Where is the explanation as to why these cards are still being sold? i guess i should just be happy that i got my money back for it(and yes i know im stupid for ordering one without checking into it first).

I wonder if the issue here is that the credit card provider company dosnt trust mindark due to their false marketing?
Or if that has anything with it to do at all.

Either way it seems like mindark do have a issue with the companys. i dont know what. but there is something we dont know. or the cards are just dynamic.

International banking is at best, pretty rough - Just looking at the US laws on incoming money and how it must be tracked would make your head spin. :yay: Sure you have Visa and Mastercard doing something similar but its not the same and different rules apply, imagine walking up to an ATM in another country and withdrawing $30,000 :laugh: Either way, it would still be nice to hear something...

I wonder if the issue here is that the credit card provider company dosnt trust mindark due to their false marketing?
Or if that has anything with it to do at all.

Either way it seems like mindark do have a issue with the companys. i dont know what. but there is something we dont know. or the cards are just dynamic.
Could be.
"Why contact us for card when you advertise you already have working one?"

When the card worked it was way better marketing than any convention where you fly your buddies to drink with you because you could show your friends that you can actually get real money out from the game.

Either getting a card provider or telling that there won't be new one should have been on top of MA's priority list.

The way it has been handled is just bad, bad marketing for MA.

Well after 4 weeks of waiting for my cash card(i ordered about 1 and 3/4 year ago and was told the provider dropped them, and they where in negotiations with another company) i find this thread and to my surprise there still isnt a cash card, i dont know how long this has been going on, but i filed a support case requesting a refund of my 250 peds, which i did get, i also requested an official statement as to why they are still being sold in the trade terminal and here is the response i got:

13 Nov 2008 Entropia Support:
Hi,

Unfortunately it is not possible to withdraw funds with a Cash Card at the moment. MindArk is negotiating with several potential partners interested in providing this service for Entropia Universe participants. Further information will be provided at the website when it becomes available.

We have now canceled your Entropia Cash Card order and the full purchase price has been refunded to your PED-card.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

/-------------/-----------------/-----------------/---------------/
Where is the explanation as to why these cards are still being sold? i guess i should just be happy that i got my money back for it(and yes i know im stupid for ordering one without checking into it first).

Send the case back and Mark the unanswered question with Yellow or red. And tell them they "forgot" to answer this part of your support case. i PROMISE you that you will have a good laugh when you recive an "Automatic answer" :)

Could be.
"Why contact us for card when you advertise you already have working one?"

When the card worked it was way better marketing than any convention where you fly your buddies to drink with you because you could show your friends that you can actually get real money out from the game.

Either getting a card provider or telling that there won't be new one should have been on top of MA's priority list.

The way it has been handled is just bad, bad marketing for MA.

Im with you there to 100% I just CANT belive that this issue havent started a riot yet.

I find myself asking why they don't simply give up and cancel the whole thing. Then something dawned on me. I wonder what they are telling the "Planet Partners" about it?

Digged through my mails from MA and found this dated May 9th 2007:

Dear Entropia Universe Participant,

Existing Cash Card holders, plus existing orders for the Cash Card, will receive a refund of 250 PED in conjunction with Version Update 8.12. The next generation Cash Card will then be available from Trade Terminals.

Complete information regarding the improved functions and fees will be published in the Withdrawals section of the Entropia Universe website together with the release of Version Update 8.12. Please note that the improved Cash Card functions may require you to provide due dilligence to the card issuer.

MindArk expect deliveries of the Cash Card to begin in late august.

Regards,
Entropia Support Dept.

Now they missed august 2007 and 2008 - now we can hope for 2009 it seems :/

Last edited:
Digged through my mails from MA and found this dated May 9th 2007:

Now they missed august 2007 and 2008 - now we can hope for 2009 it seems :/

The really SAD part in this history is the TOTAL neglecting from MA to comment this matter. Their behaviour reminds me a bit of when my dogs got old and just rolled over and eventually DIED. They didnt care SHIT either.
Must give MA compliments for their FABOLOUS FANTASTIC Bussiness strategy.

Each and every time I see this Post I am hopeful only to be dissapointed (mainly because I forget to check datestamp) that some1 has necro'd it AGAIN. Please let sleeping dogs lie, we all know, we are all laughing at MA about it (and crying into our sleaves at the shocking and possibly illegal Marketing tactics employed). Let the thread die :rolleyes:

EDIT: By popular demand this thread should be kept alive for ever constantly resurfacing because MAYBE mindark will listen this time. Or maybe they can't get the required permissions from the banks to supply cards but still like the advertising so lets constantly reiterate the same points again and again as it has done us so much good in the past. I am so going to get more -reps for this from idealists.

Last edited:
This thread should be kept alive and necro'd as many times as possible since MA apparently still sells items that don't exist. It's still being "updated" so ... no reason to end this discussion. Otherwise MA might think people forgot or don't care :D

If MA needs inside help, my employer has plenty of useless cards on the market so I'm always willing to propose some ideas. I'd need an ATH or 3 to be motivated to show a successful product ofcourse, just in case I'd miss the first or second screenie :D

Resursbank has a prepaid Visa card called Goyada. I was talking to them about MAs probs well over a year agoo. At first contact with them, when i got my own Goyada card they told me at That moment they where only able to issue them to Swedish citizens. But after a few months i had a mail from their salesmanager asking me IF i knew whom to speak to about this issue on MA. I replied what i at that time thought would be the best, Jan Wellter at MA. I also sent a supp. case to MA at that time I belive it was august 2007 told them about Goyada and how they would be able to help them and issue cashcards to players WORLDWIDE within a very short time 2 months tops.
The answer i got from MA was " Thanks for the tip it will be forwarded to the department responsible. THEN after a couple of months i got THIS answer in ENGLISH eventhough ALL my earlier correspondance with them had been in Swedish.
23 Oct 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,
One unique aspect of the Entropia Universe is that you can convert your virtual earnings into real life funds. Currently there are two possible ways to withdraw funds from the virtual universe: the regular bank transfer and ? as from the 1st of July 2006, the Entropia Universe Cash Card. Regardless if you choose the new Entropia Universe Cash Card system or the regular bank transfer, all withdrawal orders have to be submitted from within the Entropia Universe. Please view the ?Withdrawal? section on the website for further details about our withdrawal options.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

What do you all think about THAT ????

Resursbank has a prepaid Visa card called Goyada. I was talking to them about MAs probs well over a year agoo. At first contact with them, when i got my own Goyada card they told me at That moment they where only able to issue them to Swedish citizens. But after a few months i had a mail from their salesmanager asking me IF i knew whom to speak to about this issue on MA. I replied what i at that time thought would be the best, Jan Wellter at MA. I also sent a supp. case to MA at that time I belive it was august 2007 told them about Goyada and how they would be able to help them and issue cashcards to players WORLDWIDE within a very short time 2 months tops.
The answer i got from MA was " Thanks for the tip it will be forwarded to the department responsible. THEN after a couple of months i got THIS answer in ENGLISH eventhough ALL my earlier correspondance with them had been in Swedish.
23 Oct 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,
One unique aspect of the Entropia Universe is that you can convert your virtual earnings into real life funds. Currently there are two possible ways to withdraw funds from the virtual universe: the regular bank transfer and ? as from the 1st of July 2006, the Entropia Universe Cash Card. Regardless if you choose the new Entropia Universe Cash Card system or the regular bank transfer, all withdrawal orders have to be submitted from within the Entropia Universe. Please view the ?Withdrawal? section on the website for further details about our withdrawal options.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

What do you all think about THAT ????
Lol, it seems the support staff has been lied to too. :laugh:
Very weird reply.:scratch2:

This whole issue is definately one of the more embarrassing MA-failures. And lack of communication on this issue is even more embarrassing....:ahh:

This whole issue is definately one of the more embarrassing MA-failures. And lack of communication on this issue is even more embarrassing....:ahh:

I second that. But embarrassing is just the FIRST name :rolleyes: Its a fucken INSULT to all their customers.

quit? nah they wont believe us ! lol

but what about a 24hr strike? 70's customer relations deserve 70's actions :D

. . . :yay:. . . .

quit? nah they wont believe us ! lol

but what about a 24hr strike? 70's customer relations deserve 70's actions :D

Was tried before. Organizators were banned.

Kind of hard to accurately rank them all, isn't it? :laugh:

Was tried before. Organizators were banned.

What does it take to get the MA CEOs BANNED and removed/exchanged with a Normal person who knows how to communicate with their customers ? :rolleyes:

What does it take to get the MA CEOs BANNED and removed/exchanged with a Normal person who knows how to communicate with their customers ? :rolleyes:

A sharp axe and a shotgun?

jk....

Well, honestly, there really isn't a way....

Back