Entropia Universe not Shutting Down Properly.

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
19 Sep 2006

Entropia Universe not Shutting Down Properly.

While trying to login after the new update, the login process has frozen at the loading stage and exited back to the Login Window for some participants. A message was then received informing that Entropia Universe did not shut down properly.

To resolve this issue please open the Entropia Universe folder, choose the data folder, then the cache folder and delete the two cache files inside.

Try to login again.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5377.html

:silly:

msg to short ..

Bertha Bot Rox!

now just tneed one for EBN news...c'mon Bertha "Multitask" girl :)

I love Bertha!!! :D

Will try this after work.
If so Bertha Bot needs a +rep

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

This solution resolved my downloading problem. I tried 5 times downloading some 850-860. ark file without success. After clearing the cache folder (1 file deleted) the download went without freezing.
Tx Bertha

Checked it last night clearing the cache folder solved my login problems.

+ rep for Bertha Bot

This is what i got from EU support about the login problem:

Case 90207 History
18 Sep 2006 Richard Hogenberg:
Since the VU 8.6 update is login in to the game very difficult. Mayby 1 in 10 times i succeed in getting into the game. The rest of the time i get an unviewable error.

I hope you can fix this soon.

Regards
Richard
(ingame Siam)

18 Sep 2006 MindArk Support:
Hi,
Following the release of a new VU, the system might be somewhat unstable. Many participants set out to test the new features, and this heavy traffic does affect performance in a way which is difficult to foresee in regular tests. We are aware of this and we have had ongoing fixes since the VU to remove possible causes on our side. As every VU contains new features and updates in many areas, especially sound and graphics, we recommend you to ensure that your system is updated and that you have the latest recommended drivers installed. Even if you experienced no problems running Entropia Universe before, this is no guarantee that it will work smoothly for you after this VU if your system fails to meet the standard requirements.
Regards,
Entropia Support

I think MA support can learn a lot from Bertha Bot ;)

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

rhogenbe said:
Checked it last night clearing the cache folder solved my login problems.

+ rep for Bertha Bot

This is what i got from EU support about the login problem:

Case 90207 History
18 Sep 2006 Richard Hogenberg:
Since the VU 8.6 update is login in to the game very difficult. Mayby 1 in 10 times i succeed in getting into the game. The rest of the time i get an unviewable error.

I hope you can fix this soon.

Regards
Richard
(ingame Siam)

18 Sep 2006 MindArk Support:
Hi,
Following the release of a new VU, the system might be somewhat unstable. Many participants set out to test the new features, and this heavy traffic does affect performance in a way which is difficult to foresee in regular tests. We are aware of this and we have had ongoing fixes since the VU to remove possible causes on our side. As every VU contains new features and updates in many areas, especially sound and graphics, we recommend you to ensure that your system is updated and that you have the latest recommended drivers installed. Even if you experienced no problems running Entropia Universe before, this is no guarantee that it will work smoothly for you after this VU if your system fails to meet the standard requirements.
Regards,
Entropia Support

I think MA support can learn a lot from Bertha Bot ;)

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

Once MA found the fix for this problem support have been replying with this fix to anyone that sent in a support case with this kind of problem. And from a couple of people that have posted on the forum about it they had a reply very swiftly. In your case you had the reply before the solution was found.

Yeah i saw that to.

But the answer is no help at all. That is what i meant. I rather have not an answer then this one.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

Back