Entropia Universe Unreal - Bunker concepts and early render

Again.. Trinagles everywhere

Am I going mad here? Why all these triangle shapes/pointy edges????

I like it. It seems the sort of thing you might see on Calypso. The folks who critique it looking too clean, presumably there's stuff that can be done in UE5 to adjust the age/feel of a building. Adding elements of disrepair or rust or even broken/missing sections would do that job. Guessing there is something similar to how CE2 could add frost/snow etc to buildings.

I like the modular element. It feels like the sort of thing you'd have for colonising a planet, i.e. build a bunch of key building parts and have them reconfigurable in a variety of ways. The original game had that element where I could imagine the SC's and Delux SC (but especially the SCs) had been dropped there by some large flying ship. i.e. you find a new area, if it's far away enough from everything else, you fly in a shop container and leave it there - job's a good'un.

You could work in an idea of functionality from the start i.e. that each settlement needs some sort of antenna somewhere near by for the transporter network, and maybe this could even be attacked or go offline from time to time. Would give us all something to do ;)

Guessing with the modular walls you could add extra sections that allow for essentially corners or semi circles with stuff in between, So it doesn't always have to be a circle.

The key thing with buildings in the future, is that it would be nice if MA take an outlook from the start of "everything has to be there for a reason". No more closed doors. If you want to put in a closed door, implement a way to open it. You only have to do it once and then you can reuse that functionality when ever you feel like it. Getting access to a building could be a nice soft/free reward for an exploration or story mission for example, i.e. when you are not wanting to give away free money because the mission doesn't involve expensive grinding.

Probably one of the key issues with the game is that there isn't much notion of progression except numerically. It would be nice if doing stuff had a reward that got you into another part of the world for example. Just ideas but now is the time to get them on the table for consideration.

Anyhow bit off piste there with my response to an RFC on a building design :D Yeh looks nice. I kinda want to have a stab at building one myself!

Cheers for sharing, especially the nice high res pictures so we can get a decent look at what you are thinking of

Wistrel

Currently the buildings with the 2 entrances and exits are awful - there should be exit signs or some other design since you can't really feel your presence and position like you do in real life. Perhaps a little map above each door indicating north? That would work. It's one thing to run around inside and outside buildings and a real annoyance when you get lost every time. Why would the radar not work inside? Here is another solution JUST make the radar work INSIDE LOL.

Looks really good!
The number 1 thing I wish for (and probably won't be the case but just to be said) - I see a lot of edges, hopefully where won't be any traps there, hopefully we won't get stuck on the edges, like we are getting stuck now on a gazillion of wall corners, trees, shores etc etc. I really hope the collision issues we currently have will be gone forever in next engine.

As others, I too hope teleporters will be in the middle of these buildings to be very close to facilities like craft machine, storage, repair, TT, auction...

Put one of those instant teleport thingies like on the Caly plot system , that takes you to a platform on top so we can hang glider to the TP.

Put one of those instant teleport thingies like on the Caly plot system , that takes you to a platform on top so we can hang glider to the TP.
Legend of Zelda style free gliding would be awesome. As well as smaller vehicles like a jet pack.

I like the design.

What would be cool is if the lower sections could be moved up and down. It could be a bit tent like with access from all sides and then when under attack the sections could automatically close and players could defend the structure from the crenelles and porticullis.

Even if you leave it as is I think it looks good with maybe two points of egress instead of one.

Question: why fix what is not broken? I mean, the design is not bad, but the current one is OK as well, IMHO. Someone likes it, someone doesn't, but I don't beleive this is the biggest issue for the players. Besides, (question number 2), does it mean that MA is just going to change EVERYTHING in the game? No familiar posts on wheels, etc? Entirely new look and design?

Question: why fix what is not broken? I mean, the design is not bad, but the current one is OK as well, IMHO.
Respectfully actual design is not so good, at least in soem ways
1. Caly: the shelters have a wrong perspective inside, the PC POV is wrong and lead to be the like the roof is oppressing your head, walls are not consistent and need at least different prospective and size (i dont really want to comment on collision detection of edges, read above other people post i reiterate we are so desperate that ask to check if collision is active, this is how bad is the actual situation
2. Next Island: the encampments let you stuck in the walls walking this is expecially annoying because either you waste 20 pec teleport for bad programming or waste 1 minute to press T. the solution that was reported in PCF (Mash M while jumping or walking) is a clown statement that admit the bad programming too
3. DSEC9 useless circular maze like entrance that force a 20 second walk just to find terminals. and adding the distance from teleporter it is a 30 second time just to reach a storage or repair

a good example of functionality to me is the Shatterrock teleporter (apart the tent on the roof that let you slalom each time you enter):
central teleport and just outside the repair/tt/storage/auction/crafting stations.

an highly optimized structure is The Megavolt on caly (center teleport again) that has all the facilities in 3 second move

big fancy building are nice to see but sometimes we just need to deposit loot, repair and exit to kill again and having a 1 minute maze walk to reach a repair terminal probably makes us think "why they have hidden it in this strange place? did any dev actually play the game ?"

there has been nothing done about plots. they turned out to be bad investment just like present cost of land areas is unrealistic

Ft
there has been nothing done about plots. they turned out to be bad investment just like present cost of land areas is unrealistic
I think their a great investment if you don’t want them sell them to me for 500 ped I’ll scoop them all up

All i care is to have auction/storage/crafting machine close to eachother. If i can access auction and storage at same time thats a win for me.

Looks really good!
The number 1 thing I wish for (and probably won't be the case but just to be said) - I see a lot of edges, hopefully where won't be any traps there, hopefully we won't get stuck on the edges, like we are getting stuck now on a gazillion of wall corners, trees, shores etc etc. I really hope the collision issues we currently have will be gone forever in next engine.

As others, I too hope teleporters will be in the middle of these buildings to be very close to facilities like craft machine, storage, repair, TT, auction...

It says something very loud when the players are asked for feedback on a design... and their first instinct is to voice concerns that they might get stuck on the walls...

Concept looks good, but please keep scale in mind; How many people are realistically going to be in a structure at once? Do players want to run across three foodballfields to get from TP to auctioneer? Is 13 televator levels really necessary? And such on and such forth. :)

Here is an example of the composition test we did together with that structure that could answer some of your questions. All buildings are un-textured so that is why they appear "clean".

index.php

Huge building. I like it, BUT, Hopefully terminals are close to each other. Not a ton of people play this game and sometimes feels like the planet is empty even when just crafting or organizing storage or looking at auction house.

Here is an example of the composition test we did together with that structure that could answer some of your questions. All buildings are un-textured so that is why they appear "clean".

index.php
Nice looking. Looks very much like Life Beyond

I know this post is to show off the new buildings. However, I'm concerned about the lack of action buttons, looks like only five. I need 10 or 15 buttons :(

Last edited:
I'm concerned about the lack of action buttons, looks like only five. I think I need 10 or 15 buttons :(
Top left hand corner says "Press H for keybinds" I think that's how we'd set up all the others.

I know this post is to show off the new buildings. However, I'm concerned about the lack of action buttons, looks like only five. I need 10 or 15 buttons
Don't worry about that so much right now. We have very few items implemented at this stage and it is an early iteration. All of that will expand with time as more functionality is added so please be patient ;).

Here is an example of the composition test we did together with that structure
I put in a like because it's nice to see you sharing development ideas. However, 'our' structure seems here to be just relatively small compared to bigger windowless structures it merges with, even though actually quite big in my humble opinion.
Maybe you can give us some kind of heads up on whether buildings will generally be accessible, or often just serve as mood architecture.

I stress once again that I hope for a balance between atmosphere and forced running around up steps, round the corner and whatever...

index.php
It's great to see more pics, but can I just ask if there's quite a lot missing textures? The plants too look very "un" Unreal5. Or is it just a reduced quality for dev mode? Would be awesome to see some teasers showing off the full power of the engine when its possible :)

index.php
To be honest. I'm liking the clean look of the buildings. Makes it look actually sci-fi 🙂👍

i feel it's like sabakuma entrance. or the other building are really giant. with vehicule door.

It's great to see more pics, but can I just ask if there's quite a lot missing textures? The plants too look very "un" Unreal5. Or is it just a reduced quality for dev mode? Would be awesome to see some teasers showing off the full power of the engine when its possible
Every asset in this screenshot is just taken to about 40% completion. It will look quite different when close to final. We will share that as soon as we can of course but we are not there yet. Many things needs to come together to make sure it is even quality and style, performance etc :).

Should the size imply that there will be more going on inside?

I mean a TP and the common terminals don't need that much space. Currently we already have plenty of more or less dead buildings in-game and I never really understood why. It's like "our development ended here".

To me it'd be OK to start with smaller buildings and later on add more buildings/content and make that part of the story line somehow, e.g. "The great number of new colonists required to build new buildings around <area name here>". That wouldn't even sound odd, you could actually put "under construction"-signs and those huge banners with a scenic preview-pic ("Omegaton is building new <stuff> to be opened <non-soon term here>") into the VU before that.

Other than that it's good to see different shapes of the buildings.

Back