EntropiaPlanets Presents the EntropiaTimes Magazine

Lykke

Mutated
Society
OldTimers
Ann Lykke TheNun
banner-entropiatimes.gif

On August 3rd, the staff at EntropiaPlanets embarked upon a journey that ultimately led to this day. It is with great pride that we unveil the launch issue of our premiere magazine EntropiaTimes.

For about a year, EntropiaPlanets has brought you breaking news, player profiles, interesting articles, and exclusive interviews. We have received lots of positive feedback as a result, and for quite some time now, we have entertained the idea of expanding our efforts to include a much broader scope of communicating information, news, and entertainment.

Developing the EntropiaTimes magazine from the initial idea to its current status as an Entropia magazine was truly a collaborative effort. The staff at EntropiaPlanets (aka The E-Team), have dedicated a great deal of time, energy and effort toward producing the most quality product possible. However, some of our Entropians don’t even know that they were indeed silent partners in this effort while we captured photos, asked questions, and picked their unsuspecting brains to collect the content we needed.

Of course, there were those with whom we shared project details to secure the kind of exclusive content that we have been able to bring to you. We wish to thank those who have taken time out of their busy schedules to contribute, and look forward to future magazine content that keeps us updated and informed.

We recently introduced the EntropiaPlanets Media Center, which has been a vital part of the production of the launch issue of the magazine, and will continue to add an important element toward achieving our overall goals. As the Media Center expands, so will our efforts toward providing the Entropia community with informative, exciting, exclusive, and entertaining content. Not only for future magazine issues, but for the EntropiaPlanets front page in order to keep news current and revolving.

EntropiaTimes will be published quarterly – September (Fall), December (Winter), March (Spring), and June (Summer) around the 12th of the month.

The magazine is made in an interactive way, meaning that it contains links to wiki pages and websites. This is the case for regular text links, but also for the advertisements within the magazine. Linked text will have a blue colour, so you can easily see where they are. If you hover over a link, your cursor will change to a little hand and if you click, the link will open up a new browser window. This gives us an even better opportunity to provide you with background information.

We created a new EntropiaTimes forum for discussion of the magazine. This will also be where we will add a link to each edition of the magazine, to make it easier for you to find it. The forum mentioned can also be accessed directly by browsing to www.entropiatimes.com. There are two versions of the magazine. One is an interactive version, in which you can navigate between the pages by hovering over the corners of a page, and the other is a regular PDF version. Be aware, that it might take a few minutes to download the files :)

The magazine currently is only available digitally, but if there is enough interest in it, we could explore possibilities of getting it in print as well. We estimate the cost to print at roughly 250 PED per copy, which would include shipping. Feel free to let us know if for that price you would be interested in receiving a printed copy. Once we reach a minimum of 25 interested people, we will approach a printer company and see if we can get things done for that price.

From all of us here at EntropiaPlanets, we would like to wish you lots of reading pleasure :)

magazinerelease.gif

The index for EntropiaTimes September 2010

• EntropiaPlanets Crew & Info
• Welcome to EntropiaTimes
• Vehicles - How are we doing?
• Wanted - Your Opinion (Contest)
• Shades of Fashion - LeeLoo
• Meet J-Fry from ANF
• EntropiaPlanets Wiki Info
• Narfi - A Real Entropian Pioneer
• Shades of Fashion - Summer
• EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW - David Post - Next Island
• Next Island - The Marketing Team
• Interview with David Simmonds
• Entropian Constellations
• Society Spotlight - Calypso Rescue Team (CRT)
• Papercraft Your Own Universe - Malasuerte
• Nicole’s Handbag - What’s In It?
• Newbie Perls of Delusion
• City Focus - Swamp Camp
• The E-Files - We Want To Believe
• Gags and Humor
• Planetary Motions
• Universal Links and Information
• Magazine Information

EntropiaTimes - made for Entropians, by Entropians

Last edited:
Reading now and looking good :D

Love the initiative!

one thing i've noticed - since it's interactive, you perhaps could link the index numbers to the corresponding articles.

More after a thorough examination :D

Love the initiative!

one thing i've noticed - since it's interactive, you perhaps could link the index numbers to the corresponding articles.

That's definitely a great idea :) You should enter the contest with this suggestion :D (page 22 ;) )

And thanks :)

Weee! Great! Another magazne! Fantastic stuff.

LOVE!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Thanks for the effort! :wtg:

Thrilled there's another magazine!! :yay:

Thanks :) a lot of things will be adjusted in the next issue though. This is the first one - and we are more prepared next time ;)

That's definitely a great idea :) You should enter the contest with this suggestion :D (page 22 ;) )

And thanks :)

e-mail send, although i forgot to mention that. Just small suggestions, very good job overall :yay:

aaw my comic doesnt get to be linked in the "media" section of the link pages? :( It's even linked at planetcalypso.com's media links :silly2:

nice magazine though ;)

aaw my comic doesnt get to be linked in the "media" section of the link pages? :( It's even linked at planetcalypso.com's media links :silly2:

nice magazine though ;)

Aww sorry, but did you ask for a link on EntropiaPlanets fronpage under links :dunno: We're updating those when we can, and add links there when people have a tool or service they wish to advertise. It's all been done manually, and unfortunately we don't see everything :) (would be nice though, ehh?).

We will definitely make up for that next time. Please, if you will send me a pm - it's easier for me to keep track on.

:)

Great work Lykke and team :)

Awesome job, well done, a really really good read, looked very professional and eye catching, loved all the added pics to the articles, and the lay out, glad not to just see a wall of text.
Refreshing to see different contributors with all different writing styles, liked George's straight to the point style (and he mentioned 'that' appartment lol)

WooT, starting to write an essay here lol. Great read!! :wtg:

:thumbup:

Best Entropia publication since The Gate back in 2002! Well done!

Better than the old official 'The Entropian' magazine!!!

Really impressive job!!

I liked the interviews :)

Thanks for the kind words :) The whole staff group of 11 have been working hard for more than a month to pull this together for you!

Next Magazine, which will be released in December, with the theme of ROCKtropia, will hopefully be just as good. I can already promise you some exciting things are planned :ahh: And who know's how your horoscope looks like then?? :laugh:

Don't miss out discussing the content in the special section - if you have anything to add. Also, we're very open for suggestions - and we have a suggestions contest in the magazin too, where you can win a vehicle ^^

Love the initiative!

Show off! :boxer:

Great Magazine !! :)
(And CRT is in it too :))

Your profile pic in the magazine looks like you a little better than your profile pic here (they call you ... the snowman????)

^-^ But thanks. MindStar9 did an incredibly nice job putting up the Interview with you guys, and I laughed a lot when I put it into the design and added the awesome pictures! Really fun and cool interview!! Gratz to you, gratz to MindStar9 ... oh and gratz to me too, just because I can finally sleep at night :ahh: (untill next deadline lol)

I have to agree, Great magazine and a Great Spotlight on Societys especialy Ours! :yay:

Keep up the work! ;)

Manticore is pleased to provide supplimental hosting and bandwidth for the PDF version of Entropiatimes!

Simply visit our main site and click on the "EntropiaTimes" tab.

Last edited:
Love the initiative of whoever started this :cool:

Brains, we have brains over at EP. Don't think that was in the job description. :D

Goes to find and dust of his brain...

:yay:

Wonderful magazine! Thank you to Lykke and all involved, very nicely done.

Brains, we have brains over at EP. Don't think that was in the job description. :D

Goes to find and dust of his brain...

little text in small letters, used as a water mark???

:yay:

Wonderful magazine! Thank you to Lykke and all involved, very nicely done.

:) All work worth it !

I want to give a personal thanks to ... all those who participated in my Vehicles Feedback thread here at EF ... now you know what it was for. ;)
I couldn't tell you at the time because this whole magazine thing was to be a big surprise for the community. I had my plate full over the past month as you can see, but your participation somewhat as a silent partner in my Vehicles article in the magazine made it all that much more enjoyable.

To me ... the community's voice is important, and it is my goal to take on key topics and offer a medium other than the forum for the community's voice to be heard. Through my writing, and that of the expanding staff in the Media Center at EP, we want to tackle what's important to the community, but do it in a respectful and constructive way in hopes of gaining more attention from those that need to be paying attention. ;)

Just as an FYI ... I am working on more exclusive interviews, as are other staff members, with a goal to bridge the gap not only as it relates to communication between player and developer, but also the amount of information that we receive as a result.

We appreciate the community's support!

Thanks for the awesome magazine, and all the hard work put in to it, and GL with upcoming releases:)

Super job:yay:

You're welcome :)

And here's the full index for EntropiaTimes September 2010

• EntropiaPlanets Crew & Info
• Welcome to EntropiaTimes
• Vehicles - How are we doing?
• Wanted - Your Opinion (Contest)
• Shades of Fashion - LeeLoo
• Meet J-Fry from ANF
• EntropiaPlanets Wiki Info
• Narfi - A Real Entropian Pioneer
• Shades of Fashion - Summer
• EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW - David Post - Next Island
• Next Island - The Marketing Team
• Interview with David Simmonds
• Entropian Constellations
• Society Spotlight - Calypso Rescue Team (CRT)
• Papercraft Your Own Universe - Malasuerte
• Nicole’s Handbag - What’s In It?
• Newbie Perls of Delusion
• City Focus - Swamp Camp
• The E-Files - We Want To Believe
• Gags and Humor
• Planetary Motions
• Universal Links and Information
• Magazine Information

EntropiaTimes - made for Entropians, by Entropians :cool:

(I will add this to first post too ...)

Last edited:
I am reading it now, looks very good. :thumbup:

I want to give a personal thanks to ... all those who participated in my Vehicles Feedback thread here at EF ... now you know what it was for. ;)
I couldn't tell you at the time because this whole magazine thing was to be a big surprise for the community. I had my plate full over the past month as you can see, but your participation somewhat as a silent partner in my Vehicles article in the magazine made it all that much more enjoyable.

To me ... the community's voice is important, and it is my goal to take on key topics and offer a medium other than the forum for the community's voice to be heard. Through my writing, and that of the expanding staff in the Media Center at EP, we want to tackle what's important to the community, but do it in a respectful and constructive way in hopes of gaining more attention from those that need to be paying attention. ;)

Just as an FYI ... I am working on more exclusive interviews, as are other staff members, with a goal to bridge the gap not only as it relates to communication between player and developer, but also the amount of information that we receive as a result.

We appreciate the community's support!

Community FTW! ;)
Nice work my friend :)

Back