Entropias answer 2 the instalation problems

Snowwolf

Provider
Society
NBK Natural Born Killer
Didier Snowwolf Vance
2009-12-01 13:43 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

First of all, we are aware that some people have had or still have similar download/patching issues. We are also aware of the fact that a vast majority of users can download and install the file just fine. In a situation like this we always do certain checks.

In this case we had to verify that the file could be downloaded which it could. Could it be applied and patched correctly? Yes it could. After doing this several times on several computers and several different connections we came to the conclusion that no, these problems that some users are experiencing just cant be related to our installer itself, hence all would have this problem.

It is very difficult, if not impossible, for us to have information regarding all types of errors caused by hardware and software configurations on the client side.

We apologize for the inconvenience these issues have put you through, but there is only so much we can do, except for checking everything on our side, when we dont have hands-on access to the client machines. In your case though, we dont understand why you are mentioning the 10.0.9.30235-10.0.11.30729 update in your last reply, this should not be there at all. You should uninstall Entropia completely and even delete the installation folder afterwards if it is still there (C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe).

Running a clean installation with this file: http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.co....3.1/entropia_universe_10.3.0.36270_setup.exe should work if the old installation is removed. If it still fails, the problem lies with your system.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

If it still fails, the problem lies with your system

Well now i am really steaming ok i am a pc noob ok i reinstalled uninstaled reinstalled well over 6 times last 10 days ..

but an answer like this.....NO F WAY..

Sorry had 2 vent

4 now i still cant play ..seems so and the vrx still says all ok..

just the gold card window keeps giving corrupt client data ..message ..:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

In my experience, problems with installing stuff mainly lie in the name of your user on your computer. Do you have strange characters in your Windows username?

I've never had any problems installing any EU update - some of them takes a few minutes to do the patching once the download is completed, to the point where I wonder if it has 'frozen', but a little more waiting makes it finish properly.

:confused:

I dont speak from experience since I haven't had any difficulties with installation but:
1) did you install and run as moderator? (if you run vista)

2) have you tried disabling any antivirus (Norton reaks havoc on me if I have it installed)

3) are you sure you are not infected with anything that could corrupt your incomming downloads (check for keyloggers since they can make programs crash)

Good luck, hope to see you ingame soon.

yup all done way before this post...

just frustrated and then ya get an answer like that..

i am just getting the message corrupt client data...in the gold card window,,.. any 1 else have this..

i mean i have dione 6 full reinstalls now last 2 weeks ..and still get thi s problem

then ya get an answer like that ..

yup all done way before this post...

just frustrated and then ya get an answer like that..

i am just getting the message corrupt client data...in the gold card window,,.. any 1 else have this..

i mean i have dione 6 full reinstalls now last 2 weeks ..and still get thi s problem

then ya get an answer like that ..

Well I dont see what was wrong with the support reply? Isn´t it obvious that it has to do something with your system? I wouldnt know what MA could do for you at this stage.

Back