Eomon Migration Update:

it is intended to squeeze the most money out of us, so what do you think? ...:whisper:

sadly it seems MA has not learned anything again(against what i had expected with e.g. the loot changes), this game is way to expensive for all the casual gamers, thats why they are leaving.... maybe they will get it in the future. i dont think they will go bunkrupt to soon, as many people suggesting imo, they got their 6M$(as AR Universe is the Property of MA, they will probably assist each other with money) and all the invested money by their planet partners... :tapfinger

The LT mission started as longtooth ONLY, I completed it the first year and exa elite did NOT count. For some reason, probably a bug, the next year exa elite were counting towards the mission.

Now the mission is fixed and again is LT only, as it was always supposed to be. Now stop the whining and get on with killing your quota of LT then you'll be able to get a new mission where you can kill both.

Now the mission is fixed and again is LT only, as it was always supposed to be.

Indeed... while the Elites counting as LT would benefit me personally (as I have armor and such enough for elites but I don't think I could take on LTs), it does seem most likely that the mission was originally intended to be LT only (it is "Longtooth" according to name and description after all, or do I remember incorrectly?) and that the Elites counting was a one time bug rather than an intended feature.

Anyone else see this quote as dripping with " yeah we know your screwed, and we did it on purpose"? :mad:

"will not help"..

"need to have completed" (past tense)..

MA you are violating your own mission policies! :mad:

again , please please reconsider this for this one last migration!

Originally, when the LT mission started, only LT counted. Back then these were too strong for me, so no kills. Then last year, both LT and exa elite counted, I completed the first stage on that. It was then unclear if the exa elite would remain to count - as people who had previously done the mission were rather vocal against it. I know several persons who pushed to complete it last year just because of that.

Sometimes there are situations where there is no right way any more. This is one of those.

PS. I will be trying to kill 1250 Longtooth too this year...

Originally, when the LT mission started, only LT counted. Back then these were too strong for me, so no kills. Then last year, both LT and exa elite counted, I completed the first stage on that. It was then unclear if the exa elite would remain to count - as people who had previously done the mission were rather vocal against it. I know several persons who pushed to complete it last year just because of that.

Sometimes there are situations where there is no right way any more. This is one of those.

PS. I will be trying to kill 1250 Longtooth too this year...

Agreed. People will bitch if they change it and will bitch if they don't. It is called a Longtooth mission for a reason, to kill longtooth. You don't have to kill any if you don't want to. Nobody is forcing you to kill longtooth. Be thankful the elites counted last year and get over it.

Wrong!..... Kim made sure to clarify last year that Exa elites counting on the mission were intentional and not a bug!

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ews-annual-migration-started.html#post2576238

and in quotes:

Technically speaking both the exa elites and the longtooth are maturities of the Exarotherium species.

And if I could find the original posting by MA that said they would never change missions w/o prior notice to the community i would post that too..

You guys can call it whining or whatever you want the facts remain the same.. It was a violation last yr when they changed the mission and a violation again this yr.

2 wrongs don't make a right,,

Its the principle that's the problem.. I don't really care if i finish the LT mission or not tbh..

The LT mission started as longtooth ONLY, I completed it the first year and exa elite did NOT count. For some reason, probably a bug, the next year exa elite were counting towards the mission.

I don't think this is quite correct. If I remember it right, when the Longtooth mission was first introduced, there were no Exa Elites in that particular migration, only Longtooth. So I don't think it was the case originally that Elites didn't count, it was just that there weren't any to kill. In the next migration there were both Longtooth and Elites, and both counted for the mission.

Technically speaking both the exa elites and the longtooth are maturities of the Exarotherium species

I fail to see how this says 'exa elite are supposed to count to longtooth mission'

From mission satement:

This stage of the longtooth iron challenge is to kill 1,000 longtooth.

There realy is no mistaking what that means, and if Kim or any other member of MA say exa elites count then they're wrong.

Anyone who's played this game knew MA wouldn't let elites count toward mission forever. This is why I pushed myself to finish the mission on elites last year :laugh:

Any mission changes will be nerfs in the future.

Good for spawn MA :) Really clean and nice spawns !!

4th stage of iron mission (new one !) is to gain 3000 killpoints , where counts LT for 3 pts, Exo Elite for 1 pt (wich mean, you can finish it by killing 1k LT)

reward is +/- 35 tt of Combat Refles skill + gun for choise , Emik X0 (L) or Mk.Exo (L), whatever it is... we will see soon for sure :)

PS. 3rd stage is to kill 1000 LT (only LT)

uhm doesn't it seem WRONG to anyone that the first supposedly easier missions can only be completed killing tough LT creatures. However the following fourth mission can be completed by killing the weaker exas. :lolup:

they spawned eomon young , E of eomon old spawn 876 800 ~~

Ok it is like this;

If you have finnished to LT mission chain last migration, you can pick up the new mission at Corinth mission broker.
The new mission you can kill both Exa Elite and Longtooth for the mission, but if you did not finnished the old mission chain from last year on Longtooth you need to kill Longtooth only first now to complete this mission before you can pick the new mission up. :mad:

Cant I just cancel my incomplete LT mission and get the new one?

uhm doesn't it seem WRONG to anyone that the first supposedly easier missions can only be completed killing tough LT creatures. However the following fourth mission can be completed by killing the weaker exas. :lolup:

Yeah, seems about as wrong as getting 80 ped tt athletics for the "easier" mission, and then 35 ped weapon handling for the second, more "difficult".ere

Clarification: I don't agree that there is something wrong with the mission.

Last edited:
Yeah, seems about as wrong as getting 80 ped tt athletics for the "easier" mission, and then 35 ped weapon handling for the second, more "difficult".

Thats only because you are living in the part of the timeline that has not reached August 21 yet.

Here are a few noobish question. I've never hunted or really taken a look at Longtooth.

How fast do they move after being agroed?

Do they have fast regen? (I know they didn't in the past.)

At what level Evader do they start missing regularly?

Is the damage type (100% impact) and amount (50) in entropedia accurate?

Thanks for any answers.

Here are a few noobish question. I've never hunted or really taken a look at Longtooth.

How fast do they move after being agroed?
-They are just like exarosaurs, so same speed

-Not that I have seen

-Longtooth MISS? :scratch2: Joking aside... I'm level 48 evader and they still hit me non-stop :)

-Yes

Thanks for any answers.

Answered your questions! :)

~Danimal

Thanks for any answers.

Since i had to ask these questions, i thought i'd report on what i discovered.

Based on analysis of hits given and taken, kill time and damage done on 429 "clean" longtooth kills from my log, i estimate that longtooth regen is about 0.026%/second. That means that with my effective dps of 52.5, the nominally 4890 HP mobs required 96 seconds and 5082 damage to kill.

Mob average hit rate (7697 hits in 32893 seconds) was 0.631803, assuming an attack rate of 1/2.7s, which i got from some table. Unfortunately the chat log doesn't have milliseconds to nail down the attack rate. If we instead assume an attack rate of 1/3s, the hit rate is 0.70. This is somewhat of a conservative estimate because i had to use the time of first successful mob attack until mob death to get the mob attack time, so it doesn't include the time the mob was missing before its first successful attack. Either way, the longtooth miss me on average about 1/3 of the time with level 38 Evader, which is not nearly as bad as i had expected.

The longtooth maximum damage must be less than 50, because i received multiple armor penetration crits of 24.x. I'm guessing it does 49 max damage, and have changed entropedia.

Edit: If you have much lower (or higher) evader level and have a log with a section of almost exclusive longtooth hunting, one at a time, and are willing to share it with me, i can give it the same treatment and we can see what the evader/mob curve looks like for LT.

Last edited:
If I have the chance to do some hunting today after I get home from work I'll send you a chat log.

You will get an accurate information about min-max damage on LT as I will be doing them naked with imp fap.

Longtooth spawn was at Chugs Hideout at around midnight MA time :) actually killed one inside the place (in the Shinkiba pit fight wavespawn ring) :laugh:

The longtooth maximum damage must be less than 50, because i received multiple armor penetration crits of 24.x. I'm guessing it does 49 max damage, and have changed entropedia.

100% Impact is accurate I think.

I'm using Bear/Chelydra+5B on them. The Chely gets some hits over 1.0 (but not many) which makes the max 44+. Bear+5B has 29 protection, I'm not sure I've taken any 19.xx hits, so I'd be inclined to guess 48 or 47 max damage in that order of preference.

I'll keep an eye on it more closely next time.

where is exa elite?

100% Impact is accurate I think.

I'm using Bear/Chelydra+5B on them. The Chely gets some hits over 1.0 (but not many) which makes the max 44+. Bear+5B has 29 protection, I'm not sure I've taken any 19.xx hits, so I'd be inclined to guess 48 or 47 max damage in that order of preference.

I'll keep an eye on it more closely next time.

Parsed the entire hunt log:
You did 5703594 damage and took 21000 hits, with 24.6 min & 88.9 max armor crits and a high crit of 88.9 out of 235 total.

So it has to be below 49.2 and above 44.5. I'm surprised i don't have a better bound on the bottom end.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you're right with 49 now. I took a 20.0 pretty early on in my hunt tonight, that must have been on a Bear+5B part. It was too soon for it to have decayed enough to cost a whole point of protection so it must be 49.

Back