Question: Equipment vs Neconu

LindsieLilly

Mature
Society
Divine Tigers
Lindsie Lilly Lynnie
Heya, Im currently hunting argonauts for the Iron challenges and Id also like to try to up my level to other mobs. What equipment is recommended vs Neconu? If someone wants to answer =).

I use Shogun, unplated
Riker UL1(L), amped a103
and 3 diff healing items for hunting argonauts, been killing young to scout til now.

With your skills i'd stay away from Neconus. Otherwise Martial + 5b could do the job
Martial (L) (121%)Armor Plating Mark.5B 6.96(decay) 23.75 ( average damage) 54.00 ( max damage). When you can handle Argonaut Warrior without problems you should be able to handle Neconu young. These both are pretty similar in damage & hp. A good fap & p5a should work ( bigger gun wouldn't hurt i guess )

interesting =), thanks for all the advice. Would there be any unlimited armours as an option or is the decay toomuch? Also do you reckon an amp on P5a would make it more viable?

if you have at least like 25 level evade neconu young/mature is pretty easy with p5a,
i used to hunt them a lot at that level and i think they are maxed evadewise there

you dont need more than a boar/ghost than but jag(L) is cheap and should be preferd

but dont hunt them with a weapon smaller than p5a

Last edited:
interesting =), thanks for all the advice. Would there be any unlimited armours as an option or is the decay toomuch? Also do you reckon an amp on P5a would make it more viable?

I'd say amp on gun is kinda mandatory.
For UL Armor, yes but they are not that cheap. For similar or better Martial SGA, Angel, Shadow...

if you have at least like 25 level evade neconu young/mature is pretty easy with p5a,
i used to hunt them a lot at that level and i think they are maxed evadewise there

you dont need more than a boar/ghost than but jag(L) is cheap and should be preferd

but done hunt them with a weapon smaller than p5a

Korss 400 has very similar DPS to p5a when maxed, doesn't it?

Korss 400 has very similar DPS to p5a when maxed, doesn't it?

Yes it's comparable. Personally i prefer the p5a due to low MU, but a question of favour i guess. @ Lindsie maybe you can get some better advice whe nyou tell us some more about your skill levels ( including evader, highest maxed fap & HP etc. )

sure, will post stats later on when I can, thanks for all the discussion so far

I will use lr41+a105 and p5a+a106 together with phantom+5B with two parts being ghost. For the healing i hope i can go with sk20(L) with that setup... but not sure about that yet... Well I hope this gives you an idea.

Would like to hear the setups of some other ppl who go to neconu slaughter event please? ;)

You also need a Marber Bravo to tag them.

If you use a normal 60-70m gun, you will find you are dead pretty quickly as several converge on you.

Also bear in mind that with other GD's around, they will be even more aggressive than normal.

Yeah, your jump from argos to neconu is quite a bit premature, especially on the equipment side.

I used to hunt them with the following setup:

• Ghost+5B
  • Fire Forge 8k +A104
  • Korss 400(L) +A104
  • Fap-80

These were the big neconu over by the NW blue area on Eudoria (pre-VU10). I died a little too much for my taste at first. Obviously, once I got more evade, health and firepower they get even easier.

Even for youngs, I would say gremlin or ghost (+5B) is a minimum.

Plates (5b) + Jag/Tiger/Martial/Ghost... even gremlin if you have high enough defensive skills.
Anything above 30dps and a fap like Adj t15 (L).

This was sufficient for me, but results weren't too good when I camped 'em (though it was towards the end of SGA and all loot was weird for me in SGA).

Any setup over unplated pixie+ unamped MK2 is good for small ones :). Tryed them in this setup...doable, but too much fap decay :D
Recommend atleast plated(even 5a) Ghost+ amped LR32 and decent fap, atleast 40hp per heal.

evade pro level 25+ very recommended, 130+ hp also. anything up to ghost, maybe with 5a on top, is good enough for smaller ones (up to guardian). gun should be as big as possible, as always. extra range comes in very handy. rusty old tuned stark mostly takes the smaller ones down before they reach you for instance.

just for the side note - starting from alpha/OA it takes at least 150+ hp, evader probably 30+ and ghost/5a with a good dmg/sec minimum to feel comfortable hunting them.

P.S. as they loot sh_t since 2006/2007, maybe some other mob should be considered that has at least something valuable in loot list. kingfisher for instance, or even scipu. =)

J.

hmmm

Well, let me think about this a bit. I remember back when I first started hunting neconu's. I use Nemesis/ 5b. With an HL6/104amp. That worked quite well. The set up I would recommend for hunting them though would be to use the looted BL1000, that you will get from killing neconu. Armor, is basically up to your preference. Ghost, Nemi, Martial, all work well. Just throw 5b on them and your looking at around 30 dmg per hit.

Anyway! I had a blast killing these mobs. So much that I now have a LA with them on it :) Once you can kill them come check us out. LA49, Neconu Nation. We currently have a sweet event running. Giving away some very awesome prizes. Click on the sig below for details.

GL! N8

Heya... your signature is broken :)

Ghost /Martial /Jaguar /Tiger, with 5B Plates will work fine for young and mature, even old are do-able in this armor. It's what I use, but it's really the gun that makes the difference. I use an amped LP485 and sometimes amped CB24. Most times their almost dead before they even reach you. They can be aggressive little suckers so watch your radar for new spawns near you while your killing another. Taking on more than 1 at a time is tough.

As far as loot goes, it's not any worse or better than any other mob at their level. Killed plenty on LA49 and get a global about every time I go there. love the BL1000 drops, it's the about the only way I aquire a pistol (need a new pistol, I go kill Neconu)

GL hunting them

Jack Wuzi Daniels

Neconu is nice!

I use:

Boar + 5b
Millitary + A105 or Kat Determination (more fun with sword)
Vivo UR125

CB24 Dante and you hunt them naked without problems... if you tag them from max range they fall dead to your feet.:D
Bring a fap sometimes they do their 80-100 dmg but its almost impossible for them to hit you a second time.

Good thing you know what armor to use now on the iron mission :)

Check out LA49 for a great spawn! And better event on sig.

N8

today i made the 100 Neconu Quest with Cb28 Dante and my Emine Armor in a little less than 34 minutes, 4 ped armor decay, 2 ped fap decay and 202ped ammo used.

Back