Equus hunters of the world unite

Would you be interested in hunting Equus?

• I'm a wanna be horse-whisperer, YES i would!!!

Votes: 143 54.6%
  • I'd rather shoot myself than hunt Equus!

Votes: 25 9.5%
  • I would probably go and have a look.

Votes: 81 30.9%
  • I would avoid the LA altogether if the Equus get in the way of a Neconu hunt.

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters

Beki

Prowler
Society
=NotA=
Rebekah Beki Viera
Obviously during the WoF round involving the Equus a lot of time and energy was spent rounding up sufficient numbers for people to hunt them in any sort of organised manner. This lead to a lot of talk with regard to LA01 (Neconu Valley) which has (the only?)2 Equus DNA on it.

This thread is to try and see if there is actually any interest in these mobs with a view to approaching Gandalf to see if he will put some Max Maturity Horses out amongst the Neconu to make somewhere for any would be "Horse-Whisperers" to whisper with a rifle.

These mobs have been known to drop some reasonable gear in the past, Jaguar Gloves both M+F, Sentinel Thighs (M), FAP 90 & even Thin Wool :eek:

Anyway, I think personally that it would be interesting to have a thrash at some Equus Prowler/Stalkers etc, and a nice concentration of them in a LA would give ppl a chance to see if they can supplement their armour collection with some nice Jag or Sentinel bits :)

I'll add the poll to give some idea of interest (or otherwise) to Gandalf in a few weeks.

these are my favorites to hunt...they are hard to find but when you do come across them it's a lot of fun.

actually have globaled off them a time or two...:)

I vote a big fat YES!!!!

~Kate~

ohh i love equus but it is very hard to find one!!i want an LA full with equus!

It has been tried in the past and Equus is one of those mobs that works for a while but not for long, after initial mania people quickly lost interest if I remember correctly :)

I'd love to see Equus Stalkers again, but at the moment it's a great LA with the Neconu there. What we really need is more Equus DNA so that we can have both options with the horses elsewhere, but it seems MA aren't ready to give us that yet.

Given a choice betweeen the two, I guess I'd go with the Neconu.

Surely he could max the maturity on one or both of the DNA's. I doubt they would represent a serious distraction to the neconu hunters, and I'd love a place to round up a few stalkers

Thing is there are other Neconou LA's out there, as this DNA can be made. Not sure if Equus DNA can be made yet, hence this is the only LA with the potential to have big horsies.

I like the big horsies :)

Obviously during the WoF round involving the Equus a lot of time and energy was spent rounding up sufficient numbers for people to hunt them in any sort of organised manner. This lead to a lot of talk with regard to LA01 (Neconu Valley) which has (the only?)2 Equus DNA on it.

This thread is to try and see if there is actually any interest in these mobs with a view to approaching Gandalf to see if he will put some Max Maturity Horses out amongst the Neconu to make somewhere for any would be "Horse-Whisperers" to whisper with a rifle.

These mobs have been known to drop some reasonable gear in the past, Jaguar Gloves both M+F, Sentinel Thighs (M), FAP 90 & even Thin Wool :eek:

Anyway, I think personally that it would be interesting to have a thrash at some Equus Prowler/Stalkers etc, and a nice concentration of them in a LA would give ppl a chance to see if they can supplement their armour collection with some nice Jag or Sentinel bits :)

I'll add the poll to give some idea of interest (or otherwise) to Gandalf in a few weeks.

Its all good in concept, but what happens if you have multiple team members, and you loot, say, Sentinel thighs, who would collect on them? If you say "the person who's loot window had it" is your rational, then imagine then next loot, if he were to happen to get it again, or another armor piece.
This assumes dmg is equally distributed, how would you define the proper split?

I'd love to see Equus Stalkers again, but at the moment it's a great LA with the Neconu there. What we really need is more Equus DNA so that we can have both options with the horses elsewhere, but it seems MA aren't ready to give us that yet.

Given a choice betweeen the two, I guess I'd go with the Neconu.

Added the emphasis on the bit that could make both Neconu and "wannabe" Equus hunters happy.

I agree more DNA is the solution, but having nowhere to hunt them in a concentrated and intensive manner surely makes the DNA drop even more unlikely :)

A question to the landowners of EU who drop by this post. Out of interest, how much Fertiliser would be required to boost to max maturity and high'ish spawn for a months trial for example?

A question to the landowners of EU who drop by this post. Out of interest, how much Fertiliser would be required to boost to max maturity and high'ish spawn for a months trial for example?
I think 800 ped TT/dna to get full spawn + maturity to up it and if you don't like it it costs the same to remove again ;)

Its all good in concept, but what happens if you have multiple team members, and you loot, say, Sentinel thighs, who would collect on them? If you say "the person who's loot window had it" is your rational, then imagine then next loot, if he were to happen to get it again, or another armor piece.
This assumes dmg is equally distributed, how would you define the proper split?

I imagine the same as that happens in any team hunt where an Uber item is looted. The team either has a pre-standing agreement that items over xxx peds value gets sold and the proceeds split, with the first choice to buy given to team members. Or the team discuss it between them and sort it out.

TBH though that has nothing to do with whether or not Equus should be made available. The fact that they potentially drop good items is merely another reason for them to be made available. :cool:

I voted yes!

Only Equus though, none of those annoying Neconus please :D

As Einstein said 'after initial mania people quickly lost interest if I remember correctly', and I would struggle to find a hunting companion so always had to travel alone, was nice when there though, no other avas for miles except the occassional lost traveller...

:)

Last edited:
YES!!!

I can't understand why i whould want to kill an equus young while i shoot neconu, make them bigger ..more balanced with the necs.

a big yes for my fav mob, biggest maturity please !

I really liked the big horses...I hunted there once or twice a week(which is saying something).

However, the terrain makes hunting Neconu difficult for me(I need open spaces like the blue zone or near Zeus), and I'll get frustrated if I am hunting Equus and keep having a torpedo(Neconu) buzz-in and kill me while I am trying to finish off horses.

Having *any* neconu there is a liability a mid-level hunter like myself won't find appealing...

equus

i would definately like to see bigger maturity horsies, add petebilt to that YES list.

Mixed LAs are bad, m'kay.

Especialy with something as different as neconu and equuis.

That said, somewhere with high maturity equuis would rock, jag gloves sell for a bundle :)

I actually searched arround solfais this week to whack some horse.
I would like to see an LA with many and big Equus.

I think 800 ped TT/dna to get full spawn + maturity to up it and if you don't like it it costs the same to remove again ;)

You need to add DNA if you want to change the maturity slider?
I thought it would be:

1 DNA = Max spawn but lowest maturity/Max maturity but lowest spawn
2 DNA = Max spawn and medium maturity/Max maturity and medium spawn
3 DNA = Max spawn and max maturity

and that you could alter the sliders between them

And for the spawn you just have to add fertilizer if them mobs are getting killed to keep them spawning.

Im confused how does that work with LA's?

He means, to take one dna from min mat/num to max mat/num it cost 800 peds in fert, same with going back down. Each change in the dna settings cost a shit ton of peds, not really sure why :(

I wanna shoot giant horses legally :yay: and loot me some undiscovered sentinel pieces

This thread alone should give a hint to La Owners about what hunters want to hunt. and from what im readin they want EQUUS!

who wouldnt like to kill horses ?

Horse poop please

I would love an LA with horses any maturity is fine. But for me a midlevel hunter Neconu kick my ass. So an LA with just Horses would be much appreciated. As far as hunters only going there the first month then the excitment dies down I dont quite agree. There is a great Trax LA located on a beach ;) that I go to on a regular basis. But not all the time . I change mobs and location just for a change and I personally have about 4 LA's each with a different mobs that I rotate around . I would like to include an Equus LA in that please

Would love to hunt some equus prowler&stalker, but since im lazy i dont want to roam half an hour around for one equus.

I always talk with my friend about how kewl it could be if we could roundup some big horsies, and hunt for quite some while becuz they can give something, alas this was never the thing to do since i like munching the mobs away fast.

It would be kewl to get the LA up to prowlers&stalkers if it is settet up us the equus, we would loved the gandalf greatly. :)

:wtg::yay::wtg: Equus here we come , We send them running.:headbang: :handgun:

You need to add DNA if you want to change the maturity slider?
I thought it would be:

1 DNA = Max spawn but lowest maturity/Max maturity but lowest spawn
2 DNA = Max spawn and medium maturity/Max maturity and medium spawn
3 DNA = Max spawn and max maturity

and that you could alter the sliders between them

And for the spawn you just have to add fertilizer if them mobs are getting killed to keep them spawning.

Im confused how does that work with LA's?
It works like this.
A normal Land Area has 6 DNA sample spots. For every DNA sample you add you get a Maturity and a Spawn slider.
Improvements are paid with IP (Improvement Points: 1 IP = 20 Fertiliser)
To max the maturity it costs 60 IP, to max the spawn it costs 20 IP.

Let's say you want a to try out a nice equus LA but you currently have Neconu on it. You have 2 neconu, 2 equus DNA.
First you have to minimize your neconu DNA. Cost: 60*2+20*2=160 IP = 1600 ped
Then you have to maximize your Equus DNA. Cost: 1600 ped

Offcourse other possibilities are possible :p

The problem with Equus is imo that it's not one of the traditional mobs people choose to go hunt, it's not a classic one. So at first if an LA starts with them i'm sure there will be a big hype, some nice loots but after a month or 2 everyone will forget about them when they are thinking what to go hunt.
Unless offcourse you can do some big and longterm promotion ;)

It works like this.
A normal Land Area has 6 DNA sample spots. For every DNA sample you add you get a Maturity and a Spawn slider.
Improvements are paid with IP (Improvement Points: 1 IP = 20 Fertiliser)
To max the maturity it costs 60 IP, to max the spawn it costs 20 IP.

Let's say you want a to try out a nice equus LA but you currently have Neconu on it. You have 2 neconu, 2 equus DNA.
First you have to minimize your neconu DNA. Cost: 60*2+20*2=160 IP = 1600 ped
Then you have to maximize your Equus DNA. Cost: 1600 ped

Offcourse other possibilities are possible :p

The problem with Equus is imo that it's not one of the traditional mobs people choose to go hunt, it's not a classic one. So at first if an LA starts with them i'm sure there will be a big hype, some nice loots but after a month or 2 everyone will forget about them when they are thinking what to go hunt.
Unless offcourse you can do some big and longterm promotion ;)

Cant you leave the neconu spawn for what it is. And just up the Equus maturity?

yeah and those jag parts aint so "rare" from em either.. i have my equus hunt places but an LA wouldnt do any bad

i would like to know where u hunt the equus ruskea , since were -rep buddies u wouldnt mind to tell me would ya ??

Back