Question: ESI dupe?

Piotr

Elite
Society
BAHQ
Iveline Ivi Stockhouse
Anyone else noticed lately the significant amount of 12.5 (exactly) TT value of ESIs on auc?
Hard to find even 2 same TT value ESI on auc at once, but i can see 5-7 from these mighty 12.5.
Suspicious to me :scratch2:

Werent these the oldschool esi's you could buy from TT back in the days? I have a vauge memory from them beeing converted to 12.5 ped ESI when they were changed.

Or am i totally wrong? :)

afaik they never were buyable from the tt,
but there was an period indeed where all esis were 12.50 i think when they were still called gsi :)

Werent these the oldschool esi's you could buy from TT back in the days? I have a vauge memory from them beeing converted to 12.5 ped ESI when they were changed.

Or am i totally wrong? :)

That sounds alot more boring then a conspiracy theory. Let's forget about it and go on with the dupe thingie :dunce:

ESI's used to be all 1 ped in tt value until they changed the system resulting of all "old" esi's to have a tt value of 12.50 ped ... Those you see in auction are very likely those old ones and whoever held them didn't need ped for a long time :)

Angel

ESI's used to be all 1 ped in tt value until they changed the system resulting of all "old" esi's to have a tt value of 12.50 ped ... Those you see in auction are very likely those old ones and whoever held them didn't need ped for a long time :)

Angel

Pretty sure they were 00.00ped value and you filled them up to 0.99ped (with skills)

Yes the 12.5 ped TT ESI's are the old school generic (or not : there used to be empty esi's that needed to be filled with a specific skill) skill implant.

Thanks for explaining

Was before my time. Just curious though were there ESI for each and every specific skill and also a generic (GSI) that could be used to hold any skill?

Then I guess all became ESI which we know are generic.

GSI was Generic Skill Implant.

MA changed the name to Empty Skill Implant or ESI after some clever and devious people started to exploit the stupidity and/or dyslectia of their fellow players by selling Genetic Skill implants (with a T, with GeneTic skill in it) for the price of Generic ones and by doing so making quite a sum of peds.

Those were the days!

/Slupor

yea,the genetic ones that you could loot were skillspecific,
say you could loot an blp tech skill implant..thne the only skill you could put in it was blp tech

so,esis now are better,
although the mu on skills back thne...

man,i remember blp tech selling for 10k % :)
and rifle had crash in markup...but still sold easily for 4k % :p

Holy crap I have a vague memory of that..

What did the G stand for?

Generic

there were lot of confusion and scam atempts ithe Genetic SKill Implant vs. Generic Skill Implant. I bet thats what binded name change.

Back