ESI Price Drop Caution

Society
Project-Asylum Corp.
Revan The Nightbird Evenstar
According to VU news, old ESIs are made into 12.5 TT ones. We can with some confidence then equal a 1250tt ESI to 100 of the old ESIs, which have a market value of ~90 peds each. Does that mean the 1250tt ESI is worth 9000peds? well, not quite, since from the various globals posted and not, a minimum of equvalent to 300 old ESIs dropped in a 12 hour period. If that continues tomorrow and the next day... well, can we say free fall? :)

hell yes -- no one needs that much esi's soon they will be tt food.

I don't think that calculation would be right. We cannot say a 1250 ped ESI is worth 100 smaller ones. It is only 1 ESI as all ESI's are. But its value is higher since you can load it up for the full skill levels you have then you get a new ESI which is 1250 less the levels you put in. But if someone has skills all under 2k they could buy say a 100 ped TT esi and load up one skill and get another ESI and etc, etc. The ESI will shape to the skill level as i see it. So would that be worth more cos its rare or less as there are savings in not wasting ESI space for sub 2k skills. Many questions and no answers.

You can however break the 1250tt esi into 100 12.5 tt chips, isn't that enough?

The Nightbird said:
You can however break the 1250tt esi into 100 12.5 tt chips, isn't that enough?
not really. breaking them up would be very difficult: if you have 10k in one skill and you wana take 1900 linear lvls out (just enough to fill a 12.5 tt oldskool chip), you would not be able to estimate how many lvls to take off of 10k. the only way to break the 1250 tt chip down into 100 small ones would be to only extract skills in which you have 1900 lvls in, and even then you gotta be carefull.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37878

Assuming you don't mind missing a little and getting the value + or - 1 ped, which I don't think would be a big deal. That is assuming the extraction tool doesn't show how many tt would be used for how many skills extracted (don't know since I've never extracted skills).

:eek: GAWD DANG :eek:

ok, count me out of this, my head is still spinning from trying to figure out the oldskool system, its just too much for me this new one.. im just gona smile and nod politely about ESI's from now on....

:yup:

Once you put an amount of skill onto one of these new chips, any remainder of the chip not filled is 'cashed out' to the person in ped.

Can we say a price drop of anything beyond regular market movement is jumping a little ahead of ourselves.?.

It just makes for an easy way to transfer 10k skill from one avatar to another. If you take that 1.25k ESI and only fill it with 250ped worth of skill, the chip is consumed and you get 1k in ped(not another ESI worth 1k) and 1 ESI worth 250. I'm pretty sure that's what I read in the VU list.

So yes, the High TT ESI's will garner a higher price, but how many ubers are looking to sell all 10k of a skill at once? Unless you are selling out, cashing out, and uninstalling EU for the duration it is not too logical. Most likely the ESI's with values far less adding up to a few ESI's at a time will become a more desirable commodity than the 1.25k ones. imho.

GL with your debating.

great now we need to know rocket science to figure out how the esi system works now. ow well, anybody know someone who works at nasa who isn't a janitor? lol :laugh: .

ok has someone tried a 1250ped esi to see the total skills?

Last edited:
Monstrowhale said:
Nooooooo...!

;) ;)

It's up to MindArk. They are the gate keepers.

:coffee:

most of the new looted esis seem to be around 100-130 ped in tt that are now on auction.

esi price is dropping, due i guess to the fact that most ppl including me don't really understand the system yet in any way.

Well, as far as I can see, at the moment, 12.50ped ESI's are selling for around 60-70ped.

I was lucky, as just after I logged into the new vu, someone was selling an ESI nice and cheap, so I snapped that up and it's now selling for a nice profit.

As to other 12.50ped ones, I can only think they will settle around the 60-70ped mark. As for the larger ones, I think the coming weeks will tell with the resellers, which still seem to be rampant on the auction, even with this new pricing structure.

The Keeper said:
Once you put an amount of skill onto one of these new chips, any remainder of the chip not filled is 'cashed out' to the person in ped.

Can we say a price drop of anything beyond regular market movement is jumping a little ahead of ourselves.?.

It just makes for an easy way to transfer 10k skill from one avatar to another. If you take that 1.25k ESI and only fill it with 250ped worth of skill, the chip is consumed and you get 1k in ped(not another ESI worth 1k) and 1 ESI worth 250. I'm pretty sure that's what I read in the VU list.

So yes, the High TT ESI's will garner a higher price, but how many ubers are looking to sell all 10k of a skill at once? Unless you are selling out, cashing out, and uninstalling EU for the duration it is not too logical. Most likely the ESI's with values far less adding up to a few ESI's at a time will become a more desirable commodity than the 1.25k ones. imho.

GL with your debating.

If the remainder is >= 10peds, you get a new esi chip.
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/6120.html
VU 8.7 content list

Depends on the costs of the extraction and implantation also.

I think you will either see a static tt+figure like always (~80ped currently) or you will see a great variety of % prices where the %age is smaller as the the tt value increases.

There will be more smaller value ESI's than larger valued ones I'm guessing.

Glad mine got sold right before all of this happend.. got 90 ped for mine :D

Back