ESI?

TheAlchemist

Provider
I noticed this already when I returned to playing in autumn but now that I finished my discipleship reviewing, I am wondering what happened to ESI?
Is MA trying to get rid of them? Or is it an unintentional balancing issue?

TI try to understand the message, the question is not specific.
1. price: 1 consequent Mayhem made Skill seller (ppl that want to compete in LOWER than natural category) has rise, drying the storages and the rising demand made ESI sellers try to rise prices to cash in more MU 1250 to 1900 is just high demand effect
2. Drop rate i am jsut low level but in 1 month i dropped a couple as i have risen over L35 looter and a 63% eff wep, there is no lamentation that i read with "usual" low drop rate.
my understandign is therefore same supply, higher demand, buyer are more aggressive, seller demand a larger premium
usual market theory

I haven't looted an esi since 2018. And the previous one was in 2017, right after loot 2.0 was introduced. Just to give an idea on what that meant (because all this interval was with many breaks), at the 2017 moment I was level 42ish, 2018 moment level 50ish, today lvl 70 on main hunting profession.

They deffinitely drop less, judging by auction turnover. From what I hear, mostly shared mobs tend to drop them.

Drop rate i am jsut low level but in 1 month i dropped a couple as i have risen over L35 looter and a 63% eff wep, there is no lamentation that i read with "usual" low drop rate.

Neither looter level nor efficiency have any influence on quality of loot.

Last edited:
Getting almost one a day (not on shared loot mobs). There are a bunch in my shop.
Price is high because the demand is very high.

So all esi's moved from auction to shops? That is the explanation for historical AH turnover being 330k per year, but per last year 140k? Also, do you seriously expect that somebody just out of discipleship, such as OP, to hunt same mobs as you?

Purple line sales trend, red line MU trend. Obviously they're more rare. If the demand would be high(er) (as the only cause of high MU), then purple line should trend up, not down. But when you're only aiming to contradict, of course logic is irrelevant.

Last edited:
I am not expecting people fresh out discipleship to loot ESIs. It happens, but it's rare.
I think they did a good thing movign ESIs from small mobs to higher level mobs. Good loot should be an incentive to move up in skills, gear etc, basically step up the game. And ofc, turnover if very important.
I think they should even move ESI out of shared and put it in Mulcibers, Warrior Commanders etc. because atm. high DPS players aren't very motivated to do shared loot bosses because the ESIs are sort of random and that's not cool. In my opinion.

I think they did a good thing movign ESIs from small mobs to higher level mobs.

Which means exactly they're more rare. That was the topic, what happened with ESIs.

Reactions: Pi-
I did not loot any esi's until about year 3 of playing. When I did they were always under 15 ped. Once or twice a year I might get one, usually from a shared loot mob, the biggest I ever got was 25 ped but I know other players at my level that looted upto 100 ped TT value. In the past I would put them on AH, but since the whole Mayham Category situation with people selling skills so they dont go up a category, I now keep them and take advantage of the available free skills. I can't be the only player doing this, so I would imagine that if AH sales look down it is because players are not selling them. The reverse must also be true. If you are at the top of your category and don't want to go up, you would probably keep any ESI's you loot to use them to drag out skills

I forgot to mention. I don't try to loot an ESI. I was just playing around with a couple of ideas about chipping in skills.
But with the current market, I think I'll reconsider.
I just wanted to know MA's reasoning if they have a clear reasoning.

When I returned I didn't loot an ESI for a very long time. I've had a couple pop up in loot in the past couple of months. Maybe it's Mayhem churn or people selling more skills but I've noticed and uptick in loot. They are still pretty rare though and so far they've been on the lower end of TT value compared to when I played in the past.

I agree, the game will be fairer if ESI is a TT element and sweating skills can be extracted!

:sweat:

The MA needs to boost the economy from the bottom up, not just to please the top weapons by increasing their profits. Therefore im glad that you talk about the low lewels from which depends you profit at all.

Last edited:
Before Loot2.0 I looted "quite a few" (maybe 2-3 dozens) at lower TT value.
Since Loot2.0 I looted exactly 2, both within 10 minutes during last Merry Mayhem in FFA3 and both around 12 PED TT.
Not really sure if it is connected to my low Looter level (50ish), but definately not hunting level (88 Laser hit, 91 Laser DMG), Efficiency has not changed the past 7 months and is hovering around 70, looter level is around the same mark and cycling also around the same.
So for me they are ultra-rare, had more ubers than looting ESIs in the same time.

Back