Question: Estate prices gone up with the removal of rent on PC?

Derid

Prowler
Society
Antipodean Army
Hey all!

As usual when Derid is away for a little bit big changes hit. What I got curious about when I heard the rent part is removed on Planet Calypso. Has the prices of buying estates gone up? Just in my lil brain it seems like it would be something that happends.

Thanks in advance.

Derid El Classico Newbie

Looking at auction, it appears that way... However, on the other hand since there's only 1-2 pages of estates on auction these days, the numbers might be skewed a bit.

They certainly are going up. I bought my apartment at Chikara about a year ago for 100 PED and now I'm selling it on the auction and it has already reached 250 PED and it's still a day to go. Nice profit for me I'd say.

My Chikara apartment was sold for over 900 PED. Damn, I wish I'd invested more a year ago and had about 10 flats to sell :)

you should bump this in 3 months when the no fee hype dies down some :cool:

you should bump this in 3 months when the no fee hype dies down some :cool:

yeah prices will also drop as more and more ppl drift off to Arkadia/Cyrene (something I think will happen) and thus the demand is lower. So by this time in 2012 all prices will be back to normal or lower or at least that is what i predict of course.

yeah prices will also drop as more and more ppl drift off to Arkadia/Cyrene (something I think will happen) and thus the demand is lower. So by this time in 2012 all prices will be back to normal or lower or at least that is what i predict of course.

i agree with both if we get people joining that want to spend money on stuff that is semi useless still.. key is we need ALOT of people joining.. that is one thing i hope arkadia cyrene or whatever planet does. it remains to be seen if its going to happen, or if this whole eu thing remains a niche curiosity that is now.

i agree with both if we get people joining that want to spend money on stuff that is semi useless still.. key is we need ALOT of people joining.. that is one thing i hope arkadia cyrene or whatever planet does. it remains to be seen if its going to happen, or if this whole eu thing remains a niche curiosity that is now.

staying and willing to deposit, which is still in the hands of MA. If they continue with the current approach then I think we'll continue to see a high attrition rate. Initially we'll get the influx we always do with a big press release but it will soon die down again as people fail to see the promised riches.

New players bring more new players, the old bunch who've already told everyone they know about EU won't bring many more than they already have. If the new players loose their ped as quickly as many already do then any advertising the PP's make will be wasted.

With the new planets opening we'll see even more apartments available. Maybe FPC will create some more after the ones at Medusa are sold.

Last edited:
staying and willing to deposit, which is still in the hands of MA. If they continue with the current approach then I think we'll continue to see a high attrition rate. Initially we'll get the influx we always do with a big press release but it will soon die down again as people fail to see the promised riches.

New players bring more new players, the old bunch who've already told everyone they know about EU won't bring many more than they already have. If the new players loose their ped as quickly as many already do then any advertising the PP's make will be wasted.

With the new planets opening we'll see even more apartments available. Maybe FPC will create some more after the ones at Medusa are sold.

i find it interesting how the best threads that have productive comments get no posts lol

all i can say your complete correct! i hope ma is reading this thread lol.

Great responses guys!

I one day hope to own an appartment myself, guess it will be out in the bush somewhere as it will be all I can afford. But all good! Home sweet home!

Apartments are artificially up. Nearly every apartment being sold is a known reseller and nearly all bidders are resellers as well. Wait for the reseller hype to die down and you'll get a better deal.

just remember lots more opportunities will come forth eventually. Medusa's buyer will likely not keep it all on his/her avatar forever and will want to sell off some places to get some cash back I'd suspect. Also, there's tons of shops around Omegaton, Sakura, etc. that have never left the estate broker's hands yet. Rob Roy, owner of Emerald never sold off most of the third floor at the mall yet either.

That all depends on the funds available to the resellers. If they also buy the apartments of people quitting from the auction then no one will get a look in. If the apartments are never resold because the value has dropped below the reseller bought them for and their holding onto them until the rise in value.

May be FPC should give everyone their own apartment accessible only through a tp that only they can goto. A similar thing is done in Fable 3 where other players can come and trade.

It would open up a huge market to the crafters and in turn to the hunters and miners. If these player apartments were limited to direct invitations only then it would free up the existing apartments for players who want them for more than just holding stuff.

They'd have to create a system that allows them to create specific areas on the fly but seeing as they're going to have to do this for beacons they could use it in other ways.

Last edited:
Have to agree a lot of the apartments for sales are from resellers who were buying them prior to patch. Many resellers just bought loads and deal with selling them.

On the flip side, I think prices have gone up a bit, but only because they are big free storage containers instead of big storage containers that need 5-15ped to access every once in a while.

I think shop prices haven't changed and will continue to drop as people want to much for shops IMO for the value they can offer... rent or no rent the rewards of having a shop are not high for most people.... and usually you'll come out below vs auction using a shop. (Usually). But you dont have to pay rent now, so it makes owning/running a shop a bit more economical and viable.... just a bit :D.

Also Id assume that due to the rent change, Id expect booth prices to drop quite a bit due to the fact you that you need to consider a shops value based on position and slots. If position is bad and slots are few... then its crap IMO.... Many of the booths far away from TP at omegatron and genesis IMO are now quite useless since before the only benefit to those over other things was free rent.

Just brining this a bit to life to hear what the status and prices of apartments are atm if someone has the time to fill me in some.

Thanks in advance.

Derid

Prices seem to have come down quite a bit the past year. Time to buy?

Back