Estimation of active number of players

From MA's Interim Statement for January - March 2007
- Customer deposits 26.9 Million PED. (Jan - Mar '06 18.8 Million PED)

So $2.69 Million / 3 months / $23 per 'Active Player'

~39k active players :D

If all of our info is correct :scratch2:

If we had 39k active players we would have 39k auctions pages. I can fill 10 pages no prob and i am being conservative (1 single hunt of 800 ped ammo generates easy almost 2 pages of loot). There is no way that many players who actually play regularly. You might have 30k sweaters maybe who log at various times at best.

Well... if Buzz depositted the 330k US$, he depositted enough for 14k people. I know, that I am far from there, but I also depositted for more than 500 people, less than 5000 people. I am sure, way more than 100 players deposit more than I do.

This leads quickly in below 5000 depositing players.

Firstly.... NECRO!!!!! :D

I’m quite flabberghasted... :scratch2: :scratch2: :scratch2:

I’m pretty sure I responded to a thread which came up in »Today’s Posts«. I wasn’t searching forums in another way, yesterday. No, I didn’t check the dates of the entries... :ahh:

My apologies. :tiphat:

I can fill 10 pages no prob and i am being conservative (1 single hunt of 800 ped ammo generates easy almost 2 pages of loot).

Errrm, isn’t there a 30 item limit per player on auction...? :scratch2:

Right, I have just read another thread which had a link to this:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/11402

which quotes Marco as saying the average deposit of an active player is $23 per month. Is this new info?. I remember some time back people were trying to calculate this through different means, can this finally point us in the right direction?

There are exactly 42 active players in the Entropia Universe... duh

I remember when I used to play eve online. On the log in screen it actually said how many people were connected. As I recall it was usually around 35k.

35k + people who weren't connected lets says 40k people played EVE Online.
So 40k * 15$ a month = 600,000 Dollars a month.
I wonder how much MA makes.

Does MA realize that lots of people paying a little makes more profit then a few people paying a lot?

How many accounts, not how many people. Eve has a large number of accounts per person.

I agree wolf. Sadly I am betting that tracker does reflect almost accurately the number of active players in entropia.

Recorded number of players with hunting globals: 3177
Recorded number of players with mining globals: 2036
Recorded number of players with crafting globals: 1650

Total 6863

There you have the giant population of Entropia Universe.
Do we really need more planets ?

Thats the sad thing as Snorb said.... a lot of people do both activities....

That means that you can take that number and probably divide it by 2 at least, since it keeps track of people with any globals... and I do 99% crafting, but I also have a few mining and hunting globals.... Id assume Im not the only one.

That means at most we have maybe 3.4k Med-High players, leaving maybe at most 500 active sweaters and traders IMO... and maybe alt accounts.

If we had that many people as someone said auction would be stuffffed.... currently if you look at auction you can find that a lot of listings are peoples alts or full traders.

Thats the sad thing as Snorb said.... a lot of people do both activities....

That means that you can take that number and probably divide it by 2 at least, since it keeps track of people with any globals... and I do 99% crafting, but I also have a few mining and hunting globals.... Id assume Im not the only one.

That means at most we have maybe 3.4k Med-High players, leaving maybe at most 500 active sweaters and traders IMO... and maybe alt accounts.

If we had that many people as someone said auction would be stuffffed.... currently if you look at auction you can find that a lot of listings are peoples alts or full traders.
tracker does not count the super eco players that never global and just do really low cost per click stuff so their "global" on basic filters, snables, etc. never shows up as globals.

tracker does not count the super eco players that never global and just do really low cost per click stuff so their "global" on basic filters, snables, etc. never shows up as globals.

True, but Im assuming there aren't a lot of people that haven't globalled at all, and Im giving tracker the extra bit since well.... most people on forum have had a global in probably 1-3 areas.... I know I hit all 3, and I know most people that I know hit all 3.... I know the super eco players, who never hunt anything big will have hard time hitting that.... but thatd only be hunters or filter crafters.... as its hard no to global mining if you do it at all...

we are more then 10 for sure

But most people don't use multiple avatars and fill the auction with technician BPs like you do.

I do not use multiple avatars, feel free to check with MA. No need to be rude and slander people for nothing with untrue accusations.

I’m quite flabberghasted... :scratch2: :scratch2: :scratch2:

I’m pretty sure I responded to a thread which came up in »Today’s Posts«. I wasn’t searching forums in another way, yesterday. No, I didn’t check the dates of the entries... :ahh:

My apologies. :tiphat:

Errrm, isn’t there a 30 item limit per player on auction...? :scratch2:

Yes there is 30 item limit, which is the point of what i said. Since i have enough loot on a single hunt to fill almost 2, that says not many players in game at all. Was making point not saying i use 10 pages obviously (That's why storage is full)... Why do i need to explain the obvious???

Actually i found it quite surprising how many people pmed me after years who i thought were long gone. This uses to happen to me after every major implementation like cry2 or vehicles, new mob like Proteron and others. Some stayed away for RL reasons like i am doing now (ill be back soon though) and only about 1 quarter left for good cause they didnt like EU anymore. On important days like this, implementations, big events an such i often see more than half of my friend list beeing on. Its really hard to say, but i assume its at least twice the worst case scenario and at best half of what MA is trying to make us believe.

Is a game after all, gamers come, gamers go, some prefer to play WoW, some prefer to play Poker. Some stick to real life. Some move to other forums and planets, some stay where they always were while you move on.

How many accounts, not how many people. Eve has a large number of accounts per person.

But in Eve the rules allow and the game mechanics encourage players to have multiple accounts ( which is why I stopped playing that garbage ).

In Entropia the rules don't allow but the mechanics do encourage players to create extra accounts. I'd really like to see the ban hammer strike against them (depositor, investor, asteroid/planet owner and sweater alike) since they're hurting everyone.

Hi,

I might be one of them meanwhile - I at most do stuff where you wouldn't expect any global at all.

But then, changing area for other mobs, an Argo Adult stands in my way & gives me swirlys. Or I get bored at whacking eco mobs, do a short "recreation hunt", tataaa. Or I craft me another OA/EA 101 light, not on condition for sure, and get the global. Even puny BPs gave swirlys already.

Guess it's quite hard to avoid any globals at all, when doing just enough actions. Even the cheapest of activities have globalled, and do still.

But many ppl in the tracker might have done it in all 3 categories, right. I did.

I'd estimate a few hundreds - a bit above 1K participants at any given time, and maybe 5 - 10k of participants maximum that at least log in once a month. The numbers have gone down dramatically, when I compare the number of people in PA and Twins to what it used to be any discussion about is futile.

From the ppl I know close to all have stopped playing/ depositing completely, some only write in the forum anymore, or log in every other month just to drop fast again.

I see this as a desperate waiting for "better times", for times they (and me, too) would be able to sell their equipment without this much loss, and withdraw then. Cannot help but realize that this game has lost its magic, its fans and its reason of existence.

But hope dies at last, right? And so still there are some.

Have fun!

Back