EU Locations - New NeoMap?

I see you made a nice app and put a lot of work into it. It would be nice to have the first post with your app features and add the new ones as you implement them, because is hard for new users to read the entire thread.

For example, I wanted to know if this app can plot mining coords and claim, if it can take screenshots, if you can add stuff on map on your own and so on.

I will try and see how it works.

Is it any good for miners? I hope it is :D

Hi Blackhawk,

Yes a lot of work has gone into this and I am aware of a couple of bugs I am fixing (path plotting is one atm)

I have added a feature list on the front of the thread :) good idea!

Sasha

You have a great application. I really like it. There is only one thing I do not like. And it is the fact that it has no OCR function and it can not read mining deeds. The only way to add stuff is by editing claim size and depth by hand. And if you mine a lot, it is time consuming and you rather not do it. I ended up not using it, because I end up not dropping as much bombs if I do.
However, it is the great app, and the fact that it is not uploading personal data on any server is a great plus.
If you manage to add OCR to this, or MA will add a mining channel or an info channel, it will be the best app out there. I am sure many miners would pay for such a tool. If there will be many miners in game, ofc...
+rep for your work so far.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I have looked into OCR and I can do it using an MS Office ActiveX contorl, however, I want everything about this app to remain free and I belive needing office installed does not suit the remit.

I have looked at other OCR Active X controls but have never found a reliable one for free. I will keep hunting :) or maybe MA could help as you have sugested... Are you listening big brother? ;)

I have looked into OCR and I can do it using an MS Office ActiveX contorl, however, I want everything about this app to remain free and I belive needing office installed does not suit the remit.

I have looked at other OCR Active X controls but have never found a reliable one for free. I will keep hunting :) or maybe MA could help as you have sugested... Are you listening big brother? ;)

maybe try contact jdegre, his skill scanner uses ocr afaik, maybe he can at least point in the right direction

Glad To See EL Survives

Hi Sasha

Haven't been very active in game but glad to see EL is still popular.

Hey Rill,

Thanks, I hope things are okay for you. I am working a new version ;)

Sasha

Update - 3.10

Hi all,

I have done a small update...

1) Delete path function corrected
2) Path plotting function corrected
3) Revivals updated on Eduoria and Medusa
4) Telports updated
5) Mission Brokers added

Sasha

Are there plans to integrate the new Arkadia ressources and maps into this neat tool? Been using it forever, would be sad if I had to find something else now

Hey,

Arkadia update is in prgoress now ;)

Oooo I have completely forgotten!! I used to like Neomap a lot, then run into some problems, didn't use it anymore and forgot all about it. But this looks good, will try it, thanks! :)

Not sure if it helps, but just FYI in case you didn't know there is a free open-source version of Office out there (openoffice.org), which very probably also has support to that ActiveX control. I'm not absolutely positive it does, though, but if that's the case it would make the claim reading function you have in mind a lot more accessible to everyone.

And I'm with Blackhawk, if your map could read and automatically update the map with claim type/sizes it would be awesome, and I'd surely use it once I manage to get EU running on my PC again. Nonetheless, seems like a great app, well done, and keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Thanks Huskie, I never even thought about openoffice and I use it at work sometimes!!! I will look into it.

Sasha

Arkadia upadte

The Arkaadia update has been done ;)

Just to let you know I have not forgoton about space, it will be added soon.

Sasha

Great, i have been looking for new ver of neomap, thx!

btw. will u support Cyrene as well?
Cheers!

Update

Hi,

I thought that this was no longer used however I have had recent contact with a few people so I have updated it with...

Space,
Arkadia Underground,
Hell,
Cyrene,
Volcanic Islands,
Artic,

I have upated a few of the mpas as well.

I have not had time to add the revival lines for the new places yet or update the revival lines on Rocktropia. I will try to do this soon if I can.

Happy Mapping ;)

Sasha

Back