FYI: EuHunter - Tracking and Analysis Tool

After a quick read ...

Skill tracking:
Tricky at least - i can for sure fetch the data from entropedia or from any other source as csv and attach the data (should be a linked resource as i don't want all of that in the datafile as it would increase the parsing time).
My problem with it: it's unhandy as you have to perform a lot of steps to get it done.

I can for sure track the skill gained messages but as they don't contain the skill value gained it's kind of useless...
Any good ideas are welcome here ;)

There are still some issues with the entropedia upload - the mob verification to be precise - which i have to adress as soon as possible

I plan to remove the single ammo field and replace it with a cost item - this is needed for advanced cost calc which i have in the pipe. Witte provided me with some code to get the tool used at runtime but i did not find the time to check it out and implement it

Screenshots - i'm aware of the win7 issue and have it on my list, Doer's winXP issue is strang to me so far. Reproduction is a bit problematic in my WinXP VM :D I'll rise the priority for the dx screenshots - might solve this issue aswell.

nice updates. but was wondering if you could perhaps make a stats thingy to calc mobregen?

it could work as simple as you check ef what hp the mob has, you put that in some window. then before you start blasting the mob you press a button so the prog now it's gonna start counting soon, then when you press the mouse a timer starts and it counts until the mob is dead :)

A question here... can eu hunter stop taking screenies of my globals but logging the globals in the same time? :D

As for the skills, just create a box to tick and activate a folder where all the .csv are found.After that we can attach the specific skill.csv file on the last run.

As a default , EU hunter will not load the skills, but only in details or edit window , that' way will not need 3 hours to read all data, only once/run ;)

A question here... can eu hunter stop taking screenies of my globals but logging the globals in the same time? :D

:scratch: I think you can deactivate the screenshots and it should register the globals still.

nice updates. but was wondering if you could perhaps make a stats thingy to calc mobregen?

it could work as simple as you check ef what hp the mob has, you put that in some window. then before you start blasting the mob you press a button so the prog now it's gonna start counting soon, then when you press the mouse a timer starts and it counts until the mob is dead :)
This is a part of the Entropedia upload mob verification right now - all in but not displayed anywhere. So an easy thing to add..
Guess i have to make the loot info more configureable to give you the chance to display this or that....

Yes the logging is independant from screenshots, just the same trigger.
As for the skills, just create a box to tick and activate a folder where all the .csv are found.After that we can attach the specific skill.csv file on the last run.

As a default , EU hunter will not load the skills, but only in details or edit window , that' way will not need 3 hours to read all data, only once/run ;)
Ok so some csv parsing linked to files. Guess it will be better useable to have it as a seperate window ... another option would be to split the panel that holds the globals now. I prefer to put it in a new window and offer some additional functions like skill growth and so on in there...
Parsing and display can be done rather fast but i have to assign low priority to all additional features as my time is still limited and there are a lot of things that should be done ;)

This is a part of the Entropedia upload mob verification right now - all in but not displayed anywhere. So an easy thing to add..
Guess i have to make the loot info more configureable to give you the chance to display this or that....

Yes the logging is independant from screenshots, just the same trigger.

Ok so some csv parsing linked to files. Guess it will be better useable to have it as a seperate window ... another option would be to split the panel that holds the globals now. I prefer to put it in a new window and offer some additional functions like skill growth and so on in there...
Parsing and display can be done rather fast but i have to assign low priority to all additional features as my time is still limited and there are a lot of things that should be done ;)

For the screenshots , i ask you cause even when i had it deactivated it still took screenie of every global :scratch2:

As for the skills and such i would REALLY appreciate if we could resize "Data Entries " column and have a wider "Cost Items" under Details cause i doesn't remember the size of my last window and the position on screen , and every day , more than 5 -6 times i have to resize the window place it on top right and un-hide it from EU window to read the data! :(

( check my thread "skill vs mob" in my signature... keeps me very busy, and i use mainly your wonderful program ;) )

Ah so your saying it's already implemented somehow? how do you know what mob is being hunted? and maturity?

For the screenshots , i ask you cause even when i had it deactivated it still took screenie of every global :scratch2:
Just checked the code and holy crap i somehow droped the check for the option - is fixed in trunk and will be in the next update *oops*
As for the skills and such i would REALLY appreciate if we could resize "Data Entries " column and have a wider "Cost Items" under Details cause i doesn't remember the size of my last window and the position on screen , and every day , more than 5 -6 times i have to resize the window place it on top right and un-hide it from EU window to read the data! :(

( check my thread "skill vs mob" in my signature... keeps me very busy, and i use mainly your wonderful program ;) )
Will add that asap

* warning *

big problem with the last update:

After a new run i created my "Cost Items" are gray now and i can't edit the names or add a new name. Any addition is named "new" and all the rest of names are gray and un editable :(

I´ve been using EU Hunter A LOT! However I have a problem with the Analysis part because of it... I have over 130 runs recorded but they stop to be shown in the graph after run 130! Would be very nice if you can fix that.

Another problem I get is that some of my cost items don`t update their tt value correctly. For example my sk20(L) has a tt value of 10 at the end of my current run. When I start a new run EU Hunter says 6,97 all the time that`s what some other sk20(L) i used had in a run ages ago and now the 6,97 is the only thing it shows me as start tt for that item name.
I hope you understand what i mean.

(...) When I start a new run EU Hunter says 6,97 all the time that`s what some other sk20(L) i used had in a run ages ago and now the 6,97 is the only thing it shows me as start tt for that item name.
I hope you understand what i mean.
Had this happen to me too recently, not ages ago tt value tho but the value from a few hunts ago. all hunts are in the same (merp) Group too if that has anything to do with it.

Had this happen to me too recently, not ages ago tt value tho but the value from a few hunts ago. all hunts are in the same (merp) Group too if that has anything to do with it.

Oh yeah, I noticed that a while ago. I noticed it was because one or two entries got screwed up with the date format, saving it as day/month/year instead of month/day/year. If I manually correct those entries, editing the XML file on Notepad I think that would fix it. But I'm lazy. :laugh:

Oh damn - quick fix

• Fixed cost items bug
  • Added option to disable autoscreenshots from log but keep manual screenshots.

NeutrinoX has a valid point here - if the date is messed up for some reason it can kill the check for the last use of that item. It's very hard to impossible to check such a problem and fix it programmatically as both variations can be valid dates. To be sure your issue is caused by that i'd like to ask you to send me your datafile via feedback.

@levithanikos: position and size is stored in the trunk version, still have to add some other values

PS: my quick fix to disable screenshots was crap - it works but now i have two options for the same purpose. Will be fixed in a propper way with next update.

Edit:
ok guys thx for your datafiles :)
The cost items issue is reproduceable so expect a fix with next update

@XeroX2: as you told me in feedback i cant reproduce the issue with the graph - will do some tests though

Last edited:
PROBLEM :(

1- My global wasn't registered
2- My total dmg is only on 1/3 it should be

Seems that the reading was messed up for some reason. before the last run all was running smoothly..

any idea why that happened?
Demonikos :tiphat:

PROBLEM :(

1- My global wasn't registered
2- My total dmg is only on 1/3 it should be

Seems that the reading was messed up for some reason. before the last run all was running smoothly..

any idea why that happened?
Demonikos :tiphat:
I found out that EU doesn't write the chat.log file as it should always so that might be a problem since your global wasn't registered either. I always restart windows when that happens to be on the safe side :)
found that out as none of the chat reading programs worked and checked my own chat.log file and true nothing changed for 3min and lots of globals passing by in game.

But I have something to report too, I dont seem to be able to take any screens for some reason, sure I usually run XandraX* to be on the safe side with globals but turned that off and tried in both full screen and window and nothing worked :/
Had the "new run" running, and double checked the settings for screenshot folders and where the chat.log file were located, the dmg/heal tracking works as it should too except when EU messes up it's own chat.log

*haven't had problems before with this, and haven't updated to latest version of EuHunter (using v0.9.5.9) yet as I want to finish my merps as I will do today without anything getting messed up ;)

I found out that EU doesn't write the chat.log file as it should always so that might be a problem since your global wasn't registered either. I always restart windows when that happens to be on the safe side :)
found that out as none of the chat reading programs worked and checked my own chat.log file and true nothing changed for 3min and lots of globals passing by in game.

But I have something to report too, I dont seem to be able to take any screens for some reason, sure I usually run XandraX* to be on the safe side with globals but turned that off and tried in both full screen and window and nothing worked :/
Had the "new run" running, and double checked the settings for screenshot folders and where the chat.log file were located, the dmg/heal tracking works as it should too except when EU messes up it's own chat.log

*haven't had problems before with this, and haven't updated to latest version of EuHunter (using v0.9.5.9) yet as I want to finish my merps as I will do today without anything getting messed up ;)

strange thing is i did an Atrox run before WITH Xandra and Euhunter working properly. After i started the New Run on itumas, EU hunter stopped working properly. Maybe i should change some settings in xanrda that's messing up with the chat log. :scratch2:

strange thing is i did an Atrox run before WITH Xandra and Euhunter working properly. After i started the New Run on itumas, EU hunter stopped working properly. Maybe i should change some settings in xanrda that's messing up with the chat log. :scratch2:

XandraX can only be interfered if every thing below matches

1: You run other programs that use chat.log before you start XandraX.

2: Chat.log file is bigger than (maxglobsize=xx in pesetting.ini) and XandraX will activate chat.log backup/move.

3: Other rograms that use chat.log are NOT in Run program(2) and Run program(3) (XanraX setup), if these programs are running before XanraX then she won't do chat.log backup/move.

Apart from that, XandraX only reads chat.log while it is running.

cheer;

dandy

XandraX can only be interfered if every thing below matches

1: You run other programs that use chat.log before you start XandraX.

2: Chat.log file is bigger than (maxglobsize=xx in pesetting.ini) and XandraX will activate chat.log backup/move.

3: Other rograms that use chat.log are NOT in Run program(2) and Run program(3) (XanraX setup), if these programs are running before XanraX then she won't do chat.log backup/move.

Apart from that, XandraX only reads chat.log while it is running.

cheer;

dandy

2. i don't have that line in my pesetting.ini :(
3. I can't find a PROGRAM to attach in those lines about EU hunter and EU tracker cause there are not executable for those!

About 1 . means? : if i stop/close XandraX and then restart it while EU and an other programs are already running it will not work properly?

well I send you my data file some time ago... I hope it helps to get an update done.

well I send you my data file some time ago... I hope it helps to get an update done.

Thanks but i reinstalled it and seems to be ok now ...

The problem is i fucked up with EUhunter EXE and now i can't install it again lol :laugh:

New Version is finished but not tested so far ... expect a update this evening/night ;)

If XandraX locks or moves the chatlog while you EuHunter is running chances are good something will break! Locking is not that bad as EuHunter will read all lines as soon as it gets access again.
I read files from the end - to do that i need to remember the pos of the last read line in the file and if that is no longer valid it has to fail. Could add some exception handling for that but the data will be messed up for sure as lines will be missed. I don't want to do so as it will not work well anyway...

oh wait ... i have something like that in :D if the file is no longer there tracking will be stoped .. hmm old feature so i have to check

@levithanikos -> PM

EDIT:
The tests are as good as finished ;)
DateTime conversions work reliable on all datafiles i have received now
if datafile is deleted/moved EuHunter will stop tracking and restart it as soon as a new file is present (was in and still works)
disabling of screenshots works as expected
doing some final tracking tests now

Last edited:
  • Window positions and the breakup for the detail view are remembered now.
  • An action to reset the display settings was added to the Tools menu.
  • Disabling of screenshots from log revisited, cleand up and tested.
  • Improved robustness of datetime conversions.
  • Added an additional verification to the entropedia upload and tuned it to be more strict in general.
  • Fixed the autofill magic in the new runs cost and loot items to work as it did before .net 4.0.
  • Added run name to tooltips in the analysis graphs.

Last edited:
  • Window positions and the breakup for the detail view are remembered now.
  • An action to reset the display settings was added to the Tools menu.
  • Disabling of screenshots from log revisited, cleand up and tested.
  • Improved robustness of datetime conversions.
  • Added an additional verification to the entropedia upload and tuned it to be more strict in general.
  • Fixed the autofill magic in the new runs cost and loot items to work as it did before .net 4.0.
  • Added run name to tooltips in the analysis graphs.

Thanks for the window position recall of tyhe program!

+500 EFD! :wtg:

So with the new settings "catch globals in log":

- if is ticket will get a screenies for the global
- if is not ticket will only write it to the "new run" log that i got that? :confused:

Since I now only have one merp to go on my mission, I tried to update EuHunter to the latest version by "Tools > check for updates" but nothing happens...

I know it asked me when you released the new version I think if I wanted to update then, but chose not too as I planned on doing my mission first before updating with possible bugs. (didn't expect it but you never know)

Any way around this? the version I have now are 0.9.5.9

Last edited:
Since I now only have one merp to go on my mission, I tried to update EuHunter to the latest version by "Tools > check for updates" but nothing happens...

I know it asked me when you released the new version I think if I wanted to update then, but chose not too as I planned on doing my mission first before updating with possible bugs.

No bugs for me ... and is faster in loading the stats too :)

So with the new settings "catch globals in log":

- if is ticket will get a screenies for the global
- if is not ticket will only write it to the "new run" log that i got that? :confused:
Exactly - i'll update the tooltip to make this more clear

I know it asked me when you released the new version I think if I wanted to update then, but chose not too as I planned on doing my mission first before updating with possible bugs. (didn't expect it but you never know)

There was a problem when i changed to 0.9.6.0 -> the change to VisualStudio 2010 or dotnet 4.0 caused a problem with the update procedure that is a bit strange to me.

The workaround was to use the standard Microsoft updater which is called automaticly after the "check for update" time ended or EuHunter was restarted. You should be able to get this dialog via this install link in InternetExplorer.

Back