Event Bug (regarding Molisk Mayhem)

If they did wrong and it was not fair to other players, it would be interested to find out what you would call them:

Not cheaters, maybe ethical benders ?
Not scammers, maybe scum ?

Maybe they have no ethics Jim,

What they did was wrong (they cheated the system) and it was not fair to other players (They scammed the other players out of the opportunity to win)

I personally don't know Larry or care to know him, he is just a :censored: and I will only take that back if he returns the prize for purposefully dragging in Hogglo's and killing them instead of Molisks like everyone else.

I guess he won't return a 500 USD item because money corrupts, that makes him the worst kind of :censored: that can walk the this virtual world and earth IRL.

There you can add me to the list too.
{removed}

Cheers and peace out,
Viper :smoke:

PS. No offense to you Jim, {removed}

It´s unethic yes.

But i feel scammer is a strong word in this case, i dont feel they did rob anyone of or steal anything, i dont even think he thinked about how bad it is when he did it. :)

No offense taken at all, and i have no offense to anyone in this thread, iv known many ppl in this thread for many years, like the event host. :)

and i know Larry aswell, he is a good guy. i wasnt at the event so i dont know if he even did the train himself or just kill mobs that already was in LA.

Last edited by a moderator:
It´s unethic yes.

Ok we agree on that.

But i feel scammer is a strong word in this case, i dont feel they did rob anyone of or steal anything, i dont even think he thinked about how bad it is when he did it. :)

No, its worse than scamming what he did, just because MA systems are flawed doesn't mean shit,
MindArk gave Larry the opportunity to show his true colours and boy did he shine!

Ofc he knew WTF he was doing, he did it on purpose! But hang on, he may need to check with his daddy because Larry is not an adult enough person to tell right from wrong.

No offense taken at all, and i have no offense to anyone in this thread, iv known many ppl in this thread for many years, like the event host. :)

Cool, no offense to you Jim, but also it is clear you are trying to stick up for him.
Again he can't be man enough to clean up his own shit, he needs big Jim to do it for him.

and i know Larry aswell, he is a good guy. i wasnt at the event so i dont know if he even did the train himself or just kill mobs that already was in LA.

Many witness, including two I heard from say he trained them, I was not there to see him, so I will only say what I hear from others. Not from what I saw.

Friends are pissed they lost 100 ped for a event that was not fair, but you know at least 2nd prize winner is man enough to say, shit that was wrong on Prots and has returned all prizes in full.

Hope I don't offend you Jim, I know Larry is a friend, but honestly, good guy or not normally, money corrupts. Larry today has shown you Jim his true colours when it comes to valuables worth RL $ :)

LARRY did win something today Jim, he won himself a bad reputation from many.

Regards,
Viper

I understand how you feel, i didnt go there becouse i know i dont have a chance on smal mobs agenst lower skilled ppl.

But the only broken rules is done in this thread by writing the name of the winners and call them scammers and cheaters, they did not broke any rule at all. (if u say they do show me where MA did write that rules)

How ever i still think they did wrong, and its not fair for other players.

(Moderator remove all pictures and names in this thread now)

I understand that you try to protect friend, but what he did is pretty clear to many of us.
You are right, he is not scammer, but he IS exploiter and cheater. He used flaw in event system to cheat other event's participants.
Protecting him by cloaking his name would be wrong. People need to see what kind of person he is and I hope he gets what he deserves - fame.

On a side note I'm against of protecting all kinds of scammers, exploiters, kill stealers and cheaters. They should be named and shamed, it's the only fair way of warning community about them. Hiding their names only gives them immunity and helps to repeat their shady practices.

That is the right word I was trying to think of :) Thanks

but he IS exploiter

He exploited a flawed system,
Worse than scamming as in both cases you need prior knowledge of the flaw to act upon it.

Scamming & Exploiting is the same category of offenses.

You exploit a persons' weaknesses/flaws to scam them

Cool, no offense to you Jim, but also it is clear you are trying to stick up for him.
Again he can't be man enough to clean up his own shit, he needs big Jim to do it for him.

Many witness, including two I heard from say he trained them, I was not there to see him, so I will only say what I hear from others. Not from what I saw.

Friends are pissed they lost 100 ped for a event that was not fair, but you know at least 2nd prize winner is man enough to say, shit that was wrong on Prots and has returned all prizes in full.

Regards,
Viper

I have not talked to him, he did not ask me to write here and i have not been able to tell him this thread exist yet, so i dont even know if he knows about it. :) (he did not tell "big" jim to write anything)

I dont think he will do it again, but i do understand this hurt his name ingame for a while.

I would be pissed of aswell as a low lvl player who cannot take down Hogglo/Proteron and pay a fee on 100ped.

I really hope Killahbee do more of this events but give prices after event is done. :)

Gl all and happy hofing! :)

On a side note I'm against of protecting all kinds of scammers, exploiters, kill stealers and cheaters. They should be named and shamed, it's the only fair way of warning community about them. Hiding their names only gives them immunity and helps to repeat their shady practices.

I want a scammers thread aswell, but its not allowed to warn other ppl about a scammer on this forum.

If i had more time i would put up a Scammers website so everyone can look who did what and how. we should be able to see who is scamming ingame, i know a few names..

I have not talked to him, he did not ask me to write here and i have not been able to tell him this thread exist yet, so i dont even know if he knows about it. :) (he did not tell "big" jim to write anything)

I dont think he will do it again, but i do understand this hurt his name ingame for a while.

I would be pissed of aswell as a low lvl player who cannot take down Hogglo/Proteron and pay a fee on 100ped.

I really hope Killahbee do more of this events but give prices after event is done. :)

Gl all and happy hofing! :)

Thanks Jimmy,

Maybe you talk to Larry for us all, make him think a bit about it.

Not ALL is lost and his reputation does not need to be hurt ingame for any time if he returns and does the right thing by his fellow Entropians.

I will be the first to +rep Larry if he shows he is a good guy (Real Man) like you say he is.

Maybe this just a moment of madness for him - His vision is clouded and not thinking striaght/right way.

Talk to him, make him think, make him reconsider his actions, it is not worth 500 USD to have a bad name in this game.

GL mate, and say to Larry to read this thread. He can redeem his wrong doings easily through right decision to return prize like other guy did for second place on Prots.

I hope you hof too and best wishes.

Thanks,
Viper

I think it would be best if Larry was to come to this thread himself rather than others maybe trying to offer a defence for him.
You guys that know him perhaps you could point him at this thread , then he can try and fix his reputation from dropping too far down the toilet eh !

The only reason to why im not commenting anything or defend my self is beacause no matter what i write or say there is always people that twist and turn around words to make them sound like theyself want to.

i know it was the wrong mob too shoot in that event but since it was possible and it is no cheat or exploit it will be done with or without me and and has been done so many times and will be done again if possible, the only one that can prevent that is MA like so many other safety issues that can be a easy fix.

i have bitched and moaned to MA many times but they simply do not care about many things,

The only reason to why im not commenting anything or defend my self is beacause no matter what i write or say there is always people that twist and turn around words to make them sound like theyself want to.

i know it was the wrong mob too shoot in that event but since it was possible and it is no cheat or exploit it will be done with or without me and and has been done so many times and will be done again if possible, the only one that can prevent that is MA like so many other safety issues that can be a easy fix.

i have bitched and moaned to MA many times but they simply do not care about many things,

So you blame MA to justify your actions, fantastic!

And then go on to say if it wasn't me, it would have been someone else. :laugh:

Is this some sort of I am going to show you MA by fucking everyone else over gangnam style approaches ?

A higher purpose maybe in your mind ?

Well bud, you just showed what a pitiful sentient being you are.

GL to you. Keep the 500 bucks {removed}.

Killabee, come see me, I will buy you a new Vivo-T20 unL to give to the rightful winner if this {removed} won't give back what he stole from his fellow Entropians.

{removed}

Have you ever thought that you might give them a reason to do that? And because you can do something, doesn't give you a reason to do it. Or do you break law in real life just because you can, and then blame law enforcement for not stopping you?

So you admit that it was the wrong mob , therefore depriving people who couldnt kill hogs and were playing by the rules . Just because you can do something , doesnt make it right y'know.

Jeez man sort it out and return the prizes so the proper winner who stuck to the rules can enjoy their win .

It´s no exploit to kill other mobs in a LA.
Show me where it says u cant kill other mobs in a LA.

dont be so naive. show me where it says you cant trap mobs? or where it says you cant hunt on a server boarder to avoid hits? or where it says you can hide your stackables in a container/vehicle in lootable PVP etc. its clearly unintended to drag a mob from outside an LA into an LA to gain advantage in an event. otherwise whats the point of the event being bound to the LA, you might as well have a system that says "biggest loot in the next 2 hours" covering the whole planet. some exploits get addressed and fixed quickly, some dont, doesnt mean they arent exploits.

I am going to sleep, 2am here in Australia.

Larry all I ask of you is that you think about it, sleep on it. Reconsider this action your taking.

{removed}

Report the people who did this, PM me some sort of pictures of it if you have any =)

this is not ok.......

I hope MA wakes up, sees the stupid bug and resets the event or something, bans the abusers or w/e

Sad... Hope MA fixes it soon. :(

Whether it's an exploit or not, is up to MA to define. If they define it as a 'bug', then it's an exploit.
If they claim it's by design, then it's not an exploit.

But when the intention was to host an event with small mobs, so that all would have a chance to win, it was certainly unfair no matter how MA defines it. Just because something isn't illegal, doesn't automatically make it right.

So its OK for you to keep the Prize? fucking disgusting!!

Sad... Hope MA fixes it soon. :(

Whether it's an exploit or not, is up to MA to define. If they define it as a 'bug', then it's an exploit.
If they claim it's by design, then it's not an exploit.

But when the intention was to host an event with small mobs, so that all would have a chance to win, it was certainly unfair no matter how MA defines it. Just because something isn't illegal, doesn't automatically make it right.
Hmm.. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure it's an unintended bug.

Mobs spawn in one LA and killed in another, still collect tax to the LA it spawned in. Then mobs from other LAs shouldn't count in other LAs events.

Bug or missing feature to check for such things, it must be unintended and an exploit.

"Somebody will cheat anyways, so I just as well might be the one" is not any less disturbing than just regular cheating. Regardless of the exact legality of what you did, it was certainly not ethical. Even if your Hogglo was not the first Hogglo in the top 10 list.

This is no different than a certain VTOL-hunting full ESI. There is no reason anybody should treat it any differently either. Its not like you came to a molisk LA event to hunt molisk.

If there was any doubt according to your actions, you just made everything crystal clear with this post.
Not only you exploited and cheated willingly but now your arrogant self righteousness clouds your vision, preventing you to see real colors of your actions.

You have proved yourself worthy of fame, and I hope that community will never forget you!

{removed} .

Could Kim please give a response in the thread as to what is being done... if anything at all...

{removed}

Lets hope everything gets solved. Its kinda embarrasing for his soc...knowing he uses expoits against noobs lol....

Plus rep to Chuck...he did it, and many others tried I am sure, but he made things right.

Dragging things onto a LA to win an event is just one of those things people will do before they really think about it. But after you have time to think about it, and you make the right decision, it shows that though we all make mistakes and have flaws, real men and women will stand up and admit them, and make things right.

Laur, if 500 bucks is worth it to you to be despised for the rest of your life here, so be it...but the fix is so easy, so clear, and I think that doing the right thing here, will be worth WAY more than $500. People understand that others tried too, you weren't the only one, but you happened to win...however, no one will hold it against you if you stand up and act like a man and do the right thing. But you need to do it quickly. The longer you wait, the harder it will be for people to forgive.

There is a solution to stop huge mobs being abused on small mob events, and I don't know why more Event Creators don't use it.

Set the Maximun HP to say 150.

Also, gIve abusers neg rep (creator can give -15), and set Min Rep always, to stop repeat offences.

On small Molisk, big hunters have an unfair advantage of killing much too many mobs, even if they only shoot Molisk. If you want to create an event for small hunters, do it properly. You will get more entries from them anyway if they think they have a fair chance.

Zap is right, events have always worked this way, the difference in the new system is that prizes are given automatically, previously the creator had some control ( and since most were run by Zap, everyone trusted him).

Regarding bugs, I logged several soon after the event system was reintroduced, and MA have done nothing. Event details should be changeable in case of error, at least until any tickets are sold, and the Abort Event mechanism is totally useless, can't be used until an event starts, and doesn't guarantee that the creator gets the prizes back if he uses it.

Last edited:
there was a hunting team short after Molisk Event, with congratulations to Larry in title.. I guess some people approve acting like that... :mad:

There's a big explanation of why PCF doesn't allow scamming accusations here. One of the reasons is that it is very hard to categorically prove an allegation in general, and forum staff can't be expected to judge which accusations are legitimate and which aren't. In this thread there is no debate as to who won the event, and how, because it has been announced in the chat window by MA.

there was a hunting team short after Molisk Event, with congratulations to Larry in title.. I guess some people approve acting like that... :mad:

No, I imagine they were expressing their disapproval with sarcasm.

There is a solution to stop huge mobs being abused on small mob events, and I don't know why more Event Creators don't use it.

Set the Maximun HP to say 150.

So u say i should not be allowed to do the events?

Back