Event: EU World Boxing Championships 2010 – Sponsored by FPC

Status
Really sucks that super heavyweight has been cancelled :mad:

Was the minimum of 8 entrants per category a restriction from FPC for the prizes? I wouldn't mind competing without the prizes, just to keep the higher levels of the event going. We have more heavyweights than last year and it would be a step back to exclude the highest health fighters altogether in my opinion.

Was the minimum of 8 entrants per category a restriction from FPC for the prizes? I wouldn't mind competing without the prizes, just to keep the higher levels of the event going. We have more heavyweights than last year and it would be a step back to exclude the highest health fighters altogether in my opinion.

The 8 entrants limit was one I decided to add, for a number of reasons. It is a shame not to have the top skilled fighters competing at all, and rather devalues the contest, but then so would running the class with only 5 people.

At the moment it's still not clear whether the Heavyweight contest will run either. I'll see how that goes and think about other options.

checked the FP twice over, but can't see time and place for the Launch Party, just the day. Prolly me, I'm good at missing things, but can you re-post here, please?

jay :)

checked the FP twice over, but can't see time and place for the Launch Party, just the day. Prolly me, I'm good at missing things, but can you re-post here, please?

Oleg said:
The launch party and first round draw will be held on Saturday (18 September) at 18:00 MA time, at the ring at Billy’s Spaceship Afterworld.

Hope this helps :)

Yep it's at Billy's, the fights will also take place there though we'll also have a reserve location.

If it is fighting you want in the heavier divisions make it so don't cancel their division. I think a Round Robin type of format would work better for them anyway just a suggestion to throw out their.

Super Heavyweight
Hugh Hugh Willose (Dark Knights)
Stoikow Stoikow Mudorow (Warants) 2009 Heavyweight Champion
Neo The Famous Trader Sharp (Art of War)

Each of them will have to fight each other 3 rounds so no matter what each will fight twice at least. The fighter with 2-0 record will be the winner. If each one records a 1-1 record extra fights with sudden death 1 round instead of 3 that will really draw a crowd. Sudden death will keep them fighting till one can distinguish himself as victor.

Here is a random Round Robin generator I found not really needed for this division of 3 but might work in the Heavyweight http://www.teamopolis.com/tools/round-robin-generator.aspx

If it is fighting you want in the heavier divisions make it so don't cancel their division. I think a Round Robin type of format would work better for them anyway just a suggestion to throw out their.

Super Heavyweight
Hugh Hugh Willose (Dark Knights)
Stoikow Stoikow Mudorow (Warants) 2009 Heavyweight Champion
Neo The Famous Trader Sharp (Art of War)

Each of them will have to fight each other 3 rounds so no matter what each will fight twice at least. The fighter with 2-0 record will be the winner. If each one records a 1-1 record extra fights with sudden death 1 round instead of 3 that will really draw a crowd. Sudden death will keep them fighting till one can distinguish himself as victor.

Here is a random Round Robin generator I found not really needed for this division of 3 but might work in the Heavyweight http://www.teamopolis.com/tools/round-robin-generator.aspx

its not just 3 there are 5 of us, just wasnt updated on the 1st page as it was cancelled 8(

Thanks for the suggestion Wildman but from my point of view it's not really about the format, more about the level of competition. A 5-man tournament doesn't seem like much of a world championship, no matter what the format.

We have 7 people confirmed for Heavyweight now. Faustian and Centech are not responding to my PMs. We need one or both of them to confirm today in order to run the Heavyweight contest, so if you have them on FL please feel free to badger them about it :)

Thanks for the suggestion Wildman but from my point of view it's not really about the format, more about the level of competition. A 5-man tournament doesn't seem like much of a world championship, no matter what the format.

We have 7 people confirmed for Heavyweight now. Faustian and Centech are not responding to my PMs. We need one or both of them to confirm today in order to run the Heavyweight contest, so if you have them on FL please feel free to badger them about it :)

Mehhh blehhh and uffff! ;)

On the other hand we should consider one thing:

# Heavyweight: 181-220 Health
# Super Heavyweight: 221 Health or above

What chances do people with 181 HP stand against, let's say 221-231? That's a 40-50 HP difference and I don't really believe that they do stand a chance no matter the technique, evade or anything :/

Even if it's about fighting more than winning, what's the fun when you get your ass kicked right away (like 1st match) because you're opponent has almost 30% more life than you do? It's not about losing in 1st match, it's about standing no chance ;-)

OFC in real world it happens too that you may encouner (ex)world champion in the first fight, but when you have like 5 or even 8 people in your category, what are the odds that you'll encounter someone near to your skills ergo someone you can really FIGHT with?

When a group is huge (flyweight) everybody has pretty good chances of fighting at least 2-3 matches.

When a group is little, players are more or less on the same level so it's more exciting.

When a group is merged and totally unbalanced, well, you figure it out :) I don't believe it will be much more fun than a 5-player weight category.

I just got reminded that I hadn't posted anything public about the launch event and first round draw yet.

It will be held at Billy's Spaceship Afterworld at 18:00 on Saturday, all are welcome :)

Ok now you can send messenger! Try one more time please

Aww, c'mon Oleg. Everybody wants the Heavyweight match to go ahead, right? Nobody has anything to lose. So make it happen, one way or another, even if it means maybe going back on some rule you laid down on page 1. (like we're queuing up to take you to court over that)

Is it that FPC might not want to award an official prize, if there are not enough contestants?

Hmm, well then, if that's the case, then substitute an unofficial match :D and i'm sure that a whole bunch of us will happily club together to provide an unofficial prize

Yeah I'm working on it but I'm also trying to sort out the other 160+ people, this is not an easy job :)

Yeah I'm working on it but I'm also trying to sort out the other 160+ people, this is not an easy job :)

I can well imagine :)
Plus rep for a great job, thus far, and the courage to take it on board :)

Bare BareBones Bones

Welterweight

Will be available after 22:00 on Saturday and Sunday.

sorry for the delay in replying Oleg

Bones

I've scoured the forums...did I miss an updated list of confirmed fighters?
Thanks Oleg for doin such a great job
I hope you all figure out something for the high health fighters.

I'm curious Oleg as to why it needs to feel like a championship tournament. It's a consideration sure, but is it more important than the desire for the 12 people in heavyweight and super hw to participate. What happens to the prizes if it doesn't occur, just go back to FPC I guess. If they are willing to let those peds go, why not get it out to the community someway.

It obviously doesn't affect me in any way, but I am just curious as to why it's so important to have a championship feel

Reactions: EMW
I've updated the second post with the final list of participants. The total number of entrants is 160.

I've included the Super Heavyweights there and will work out an alternative plan for what to do with that competition since we only have 5 entrants.

Super Heavyweights won't be included in tonight's draw. I'll worry about them later, on the basis that it will be easier to organise 5 people than the other 155.

In the meantime I will re-open registration for the Super Heavyweights in an attempt to get 8 people. If anyone still wants to join that class (221+ HP) please let me know asap. All other classes remain closed.

Join us at Billy's Spaceship Afterworld at 18:00 today if you can, to find out who you'll be facing in your first match and have a bit of practice :)

I've updated the second post with the final list of participants. The total number of entrants is 160.

I've included the Super Heavyweights there and will work out an alternative plan for what to do with that competition since we only have 5 entrants.

Super Heavyweights won't be included in tonight's draw. I'll worry about them later, on the basis that it will be easier to organise 5 people than the other 155.

In the meantime I will re-open registration for the Super Heavyweights in an attempt to get 8 people. If anyone still wants to join that class (221+ HP) please let me know asap. All other classes remain closed.

Join us at Billy's Spaceship Afterworld at 18:00 today if you can, to find out who you'll be facing in your first match and have a bit of practice :)

Great job mate getting this together! Just downloaded the latest update w/o any probs whatsoever so I will most certainly attend tonight, I will sure need some practise aswell! "Nu shooz" tell it like it is! :boxer:

[YOUTUBE]v_Yx0X-eHn8[/YOUTUBE]

See ya guys in a couple of hours! :thumbup:

Damn. Due to system reinstall I have to download whole client again -_-' How long is party going to last? Hope I won't miss it, but there's still some downloading ahead....

Damn. Due to system reinstall I have to download whole client again -_-' How long is party going to last? Hope I won't miss it, but there's still some downloading ahead....

The draw is nearly done DuncanS, hopefully there are still some people hanging around the ring by the time you have installed EU again :)

Hm. Probably won't make it as it will take about 30 more mins to download :/ As I believe the results of the draw will be posted today? Whos, wheres and whens? :)

Hm. Probably won't make it as it will take about 30 more mins to download :/ As I believe the results of the draw will be posted today? Whos, wheres and whens? :)

Yep I'll post the whole draw later tonight.

The draw is nearly done DuncanS, hopefully there are still some people hanging around the ring by the time you have installed EU again :)

he made it as i had a warm up with um =D

I've started a new thread for the draw, results and schedule, to keep things more organised. Please check that thread for details and further discussion.

I'm locking this one as we don't need 270 posts of registration info any more :)

Status
Back