Event Info Questionnaire (5 yes/no)

Encicra

Old Alpha
Society
Hidden Item
Dustin "Encicra" Parker
Quick Questionnaire:

1) Would you participate in a mining event with a 10 PED entry cost?

2) Would these be good guaranteed prizes for an event with a 10 PED entry: 1st) OA-103, 2nd) OA-102, 3rd) OA-101?

3) Would you participate for an event if it was solely run through a player and not an event terminal?

4) If the event ran for four days is that acceptable? Less/More?

5) would you mind if 100%, yes 100% of the total ticket sales, after prize costs, was put toward bonus prizes for the event with a smaller amount being put into another fund for a larger event to come?

..Just curious.

Lol anyone?

1) Would you participate in a mining event with a 10 PED entry cost?
2) Would these be good guaranteed prizes for an event with a 10 PED entry: 1st) OA-103, 2nd) OA-102, 3rd) OA-101?
3) Would you participate for an event if it was solely run through a player and not an event terminal?
4) If the event ran for four days is that acceptable? Less/More?
5) would you mind if 100%, yes 100% of the total ticket sales, after prize costs, was put toward bonus prizes for the event with a smaller amount being put into another fund for a larger event to come?

1) Sure why not :)
2) Sounds like some good prizes
3) Well, I would rather participate if it was run with an event terminal..
4) That depends really some (like me) that have school cant go mining 4 days, and then I would probably not participate, if it was for... 3 hours on a saturday night, sure! :)
5) Sounds good 2 me..

four days.

10 ped.

Um.

every noob and his monkey enters...
:monkey:

The prize doesn't match the amount of time spent getting it

It looks similar to
Hunt for amonth on XXX,YYYY LA most loots after a month wins 100 ped!!!!!!111one
(when you would spend 10000 ped ammo in a month easily, heck you'd spend that much in a week if you are a dedicated hunter)

Questions to ask yourself:

Is this event fun?
Is the event a worthwhile expenditure of time?
Is the prize comparable to the amount of money spent during the event? (not including entry fee)
Is there something 80-90% participants get out of the event rather than what they would when they usually do the event activity?
Is the event was run 100 times, would the winners pe due to dumb luck or persistence and skill?

I'm not really a miner so this probably isn't really something I'd want to participate in myself.

You can't run mining events through the event terminal. Well, you could, but it won't count the mining scores. Official in-game events are only good for hunting or PvP events. For mining you'd have to do it with screenshots or by recording globals in the chat window (or some other clever method you come up with :))

I do want every noob and their monkeys to enter lol.

Just because they enter doesn't mean they will global, which part of the point system for the event would focus on, so even if 200 people entered I wouldn't have to deal with to much record keeping.

But maybe to be safe I should still limit it to 50 as a test run.

I want the event to run longer then regular events for a reason that would come up later, but also so that all timezones could participate as well as people with cluttered schedules.

96 hours might be too long...how about 48?

Yes I'm aware of the rules/restrictions of the event terminals. I'm asking though if people would participate if there wasn't a terminal involved because I'm sure some don't feel comfortable trading over the entry fee to an account without getting an actual ticket in return.

Though all information would be documented here on the forums.

I want to create an original event, no so much as to how players participate but rather how the back end of the event works.

Though I believe the points system will be unique to itself.

Yes I'm aware of the rules/restrictions of the event terminals. I'm asking though if people would participate if there wasn't a terminal involved because I'm sure some don't feel comfortable trading over the entry fee to an account without getting an actual ticket in return.

I've gladly participated in events in the past where I've had to hand over a small entry fee at the beginning of the event, in a situation where the event organiser could, if they were so inclined, do a runner with my money.

Of course I'd only ever do that with people I think I can trust - because I know them from in-game or from EF, because they are friends with someone I trust, because they are members of a reputable society etc etc.

If I saw someone I'd never heard of spamming Twin and asking for 10 PEDs to enter an event without a ticket, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

But I'd be quite happy to give you a 10 PEDs entry fee and feel sure that you weren't going to scam me, based on your forum rep/history.

Back