Event is a fail.

Coachman

Alpha
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Michael Coachman Lampa
Normally I dont say either booh or baah!

But after tonights soc hunt on harbingers I will say both.

- I dont like to not see what we got in loot.
- I dont like to see that I got a global at 237 ped when In fact I was in team and only got 15 ped.

I will not say its badly implemented loot vise. I dont know. But I will not participate in hunts I cant see
the outocome off. I will not take part in this harbinger event until its fixed.

And frankly I cant understand if anyone else hunt them either.......

i hope not....i realy hope soon..some prizes to be announced...and the servers to be realy ready for the event. To make an event players need prizes and a target to achieve or a contest or to find something...etc...like on old official events. I hope will be ok soon.

don't you mean the hunt was a fail?

don't you mean the hunt was a fail?

No, I think he mean the current loot system on harbringer & SB Elite is a fail... and I also think that's a big freaking fail.

No, I think he mean the current loot system on harbringer & SB Elite is a fail... and I also think that's a big freaking fail.

Spot on MilkeN ! I would very much like to see the total loot. Especially since I dont trust the loot system at all anymore.
Saying in all chat that I got a global on 237 peds when in fact it was only 15 peds makes me very suspicius.

Spot on MilkeN ! I would very much like to see the total loot. Especially since I dont trust the loot system at all anymore.
Saying in all chat that I got a global on 237 peds when in fact it was only 15 peds makes me very suspicius.

You get swirlies and you are pissed about it? Strange times we have on Calypso atm...
Well I guess the sharing system is fairly obvious and if not u can re-read it in the official MA post. The Swirlies are just eye candy... nothing more and nothing less. So they are of no importance for me at least but mostly ppl are happy when they get em? :scratch2:

Ohh and the event is a fail ofc from my point of view. I think the best sign of that is that the last time I played was when the "story" missions where released. From that day till 23th the event is completely pointless so let's hope FPC adds something nice that day.

i dont like the idea too , but are many spots with harbinger and steel bird elite so just find one "quiet"

I am bummed that so far a hunting event has only released new items for crafters...??? unless I missed birds and harbingers drops of new items...

Anyways I got done with the new missions in 1 night and now waiting till the 23rd... I thought there would be more with such a massive gap between the two.

I guess that's gonna frack up the Entropia Tracker stats pretty good....

To me this is only a fail if you group hunt with a group you can not trust to be honest in what they looted. I love this event as I and many others can finally partake in a yearly event. I have been here for almost 6 years and the closest I have come to partaking in a yearly event is shooting a few drones / drokas and troopers on my own. No point in me going after the big bos mobs as I can not take it on alone and can not out damage a group on my own.
Last year was a big frackup with KS from asshole groups that caused me to drop out prematurely due to losing most of my peds by not being able to loot a damn thing.

If the global value was 237peds and there was for example 7 avatars shooting to mob.

Lets make an example of completly imaginary situation, if steel bird elite dropped two full limited sk-50 wich has its max tt value of 75peds each. So they both would drain total of 150peds from the global. The two sk-50 would split up to two avatars wich made the most and second most damage to the mob by the rules of "loot mode: damage: stack share".

So

most dmg: 75peds
second most dmg: 75peds
3th-7th has still 237 - 150peds = 87peds to split and these 5 avatars will again split the rest of the loot by the rules of stack share.

If you think this trough you will see that the "common stack share" will support uber avatars to gain acces to loot all the items with huge trade terminal value with their high dmg / sec, resulting them to be the "1st avatar in dmg". When the rest of the avatars ("normal avatars"/"regurally hunters") with "average dmg/s" with for example hl8 + a104 or weapon like that wich is commonly used you wont be able to gain your access to loot these high tt items.

So... what does this lead?
When we think normal loot table we have stackable items for example muscle oil or in this case we should think robot parts like heat sinks and tt crap like that and then we have weapons, armor parts and earlier example sk-50 (in our example steel bird elites). Now after you lose your access to high trade terminal value items, you lose the higher end of the loot table wich will drop your return percentage

So as you wrote "event is a fail": no, i do not think so. Your dmg / sec just is not enough and you are just not good enough in the event to get the edge out from it ;). But dont worry, me neither

edit: sorry for my poor english skills
edit 2: oh and btw, in team you will see the messages
avatar 1 looted pokemon card pack worth 75peds
avatar 2 looted 2peds heat sinks
avatar 3 looted 1peds heat sinks

but in the "common event stack split" you dont see what other people loots so this is maby something you havent think trough. think outside the box.

Last edited:
The main problem was not the 15 peds I got. Thats fine with me. But that I was given a global when I clearly not had one.

The main problem was not the 15 peds I got. Thats fine with me. But that I was given a global when I clearly not had one.

If i have understood right you only made the kill shot, got the global in your name and the twirlies. The loot was still splitted up with the stack share rules. In the team the global would have been in the team´s name, but with the event rules this is impossible becouse we dont have a team and we dont have a team name, do we?

So basically this thread comes down to whining about the loot.

Blame MA for loot, dont blame FPC for something they dont have effect on.

So basically this thread comes down to whining about the loot.

Blame MA for loot, dont blame FPC for something they dont have effect on.

I have to agree you with this.

In this game i see a lot of people whining about loot and in this case we had completly new loot system wich is weird for most of us. With this new loot system we cant be sure how it works, its strage for us and we are all open for mistakes like in this case the globals and item split.

NEVERTHELESS if we calculate the overall loot from all the avatars using money to kill for example 1000 steelbird elites and the loot tt-value wich they are giving out the return percentage might even be 105%, but this does not mean you are getting the 105%. This might mean you are getting 20% roi if you are doing everything possible wrong wich is possible to be done wrong. :wise:

Edit: Maby i should sum it up by just saying that you should not whine about the loot becouse you actually dont know the loot. Read my first message.

Well.. IMHO:

MA/FPC do not seem to be making events for the players but for themselves. They make up some short story (or even a video this time) and end up just spawning some mobs at various locations for weeks time. Inbetween those updates there is nothing but blind grind - so noone should be surprised if people start to whine about the loot so much. MA/FPC make the events all about loot. There are other ways to do this.

I bet there are a lot of people who would be more than happy to pay for hunting if there is a good storyline involved. For example - if there were like 4-5 hour long spawns of mobs tied to a storyline. (e.g. Harbingers mounting an attack on minopolis to take over the radar tower or the windmill) People participating in such attacks/defences would feel they are part of something special and loot would actually be in the background of things.

And must I say that there are way more possibilities other than what i pointed out to make events fun and special.

just my 2 pecs.

If the global value was 237peds and there was for example 7 avatars shooting to mob.

Lets make an example of completly imaginary situation, if steel bird elite dropped two full limited sk-50 wich has its max tt value of 75peds each. So they both would drain total of 150peds from the global. The two sk-50 would split up to two avatars wich made the most and second most damage to the mob by the rules of "loot mode: damage: stack share".

incorrect. the items would be distributed to anyone involved in the kill, with a probability determined by how much damage they done. see here

incorrect. the items would be distributed to anyone involved in the kill, with a probability determined by how much damage they done. see here

Holly shit, forgive me. This kinda changes things :confused:
Edit: i mean in overall it the "randomness" in long distance will even things out when everyone has equal chance to gain access to the items if we compare it to the amount of peds invested. So this kinda kicks to the balls of my earlier messages.

They actually have tought this trough very well. Well done mindark and fpc!

BUT i think theres another thread to discuss that (the split loot and exploits)

Last edited:
old school teamhunt on steelbird elite/Harbinger disabled?

Nevertheless !

Seems most think I complain about loot. I dont !

I should not be given a global for that kill. Only people that is given more than 50 peds should have a global.
If no one exceds 50 peds no global for the chat either !

Not sure if it said your name or team chat, but you will get swirlies if you are in team. Even if you get nothing.

The team globaled and you are in the team.

I have died, sent to revival and then got swirlies because my team globaled and I'm standing there getting ammo feeling like I didn't do my part for the team.

It can be disappointing but nothing to worry about, unless it said you global 250 peds and you only got 15.
Then I believe it was shared mob and someone else are shot the crap out of it and let it regenerate.

Not too long ago the community was complaining that "Hydra" was only for the "ubers" and everyone shoots yet only 12 loot.... now FPC implements shared loot and here comes the whining again!

Geez this community pisses me off sometimes! Ya don't fucking like it.... there's PLENTY of mobs with traditional loot distribution!

Menace

Nevertheless !

I should not be given a global for that kill. Only people that is given more than 50 peds should have a global.

the way i understand it is that even tho you dont do most dmg you will be the "owner" of the global if your the looter.

but its funny to call a event a fail before it ended :scratch2:
you dunno if we get some kind of reward at the end

Not too long ago the community was complaining that "Hydra" was only for the "ubers" and everyone shoots yet only 12 loot.... now FPC implements shared loot and here comes the whining again!

There is 2 totaly diffrent things... Hydra was a rare spawn of a "super-mob". SB Elite & Harbriger is a normal spawning mob...
The reason there was complaning over hydra loot was becouse there was realy nice items in them, and all what them. That's kinda a nobrainer.
Dont think I have seen any complaning about the loot system on mulciber or The Evis, is that becouse there is a normal spawn off them or becouse you dont know what kinda loot they give ?

Geez this community pisses me off sometimes! Ya don't fucking like it.... there's PLENTY of mobs with traditional loot distribution!

Menace

:lolup:

While the initial press video looked promising, the event is nothing new. Bad loot, boring mob, no good items dropping, predictable missions, aka kill X mobs, go to 5 locations, yawn. I remember MA fawning over their new *powerful mission system, it seems anything but.

Yeah, the missions are a bit repetative these days. But then - how much complex can a mission be without becoming a pain in the arse and causing a load of peds spent for shooting, fuel, decay, etc..?

(hint: the beacons; those were fun and we want 'em back. when??)

Nevertheless !

Then we need to learn not to take the chat messages too seriously..if that's the only thing bothering you. ;)
See it as a bug and move on.It's all in your mind. :D

LOL looking at this thread and the amount it has grown makes me think the most does not think this event is a fail. If it wore it would have already had hundreds of pages so the only fail is the thread :p

Keep up the good work FPC

Back