Event Management

Do MindArk handle events very well?

• Total voters
not many ...good point mindstar but then why don't they use the forum?

I've actually seriously thought about that ... (not like I don't have anything else to do) ... but anything said past this point would be speculation, like ... is there an "Uber Oath of Silence" that one must uphold, especially if one is a big depositor and beneficiary of event rewards over and over and over again ... which is what some are saying. :dunno: I just find it interesting that very few at the top of the player hierarchy (that some call it) don't get involved at the forum, and especially in discussions such as these, but then they are probably wise not to, and to protect their investments, no matter what they may think or feel. :D

Low level spiders are no problem at all for lvl 70+ (or lvl 40+ for that matter).
I would have rather seen mulaak'f , that would have been pretty interesting :)

But killing spider youngs is pointless ... you have to kill 10 for every stalker the winner kills. And there are only a few that kill stalkers efficiently ...

Mulaak'F would indeed have been really interesting :D :D

hmm yes it`s allways the same problem... we are having a mid lvl trap here...
however this isn`t going to change here i think. Thats why i am just doing healing service here, and sometimes some very low lvl hunting with disciple or a bit high lvl with soc.
In www.afterworld.ru i`ll never own a Mod fap or equal in gold status... because the devs there think enough to make a whipe...... *cough* blame MA *cough*
The skill advantage will be there also, however.. this time on my side, not on Jodas or whoever has :eek: high agi ingame. :yay::yay:

I hunted bots for 16 hours on average for 17 days, watching one after another dropping to *so called ubers*, extreme high depositors and resellers. I watched them bully other players on a regular basis... :eek:

And what is this about? I saw hardcore hunting ubers, and lucky midlevel players. Who are the so called ubers that deposit alot and why should that be a reason not to get PoE. It would be very weird if alot of oldtimers all got a exc contraction unit of teh first drone 01, but i didn't see that.

Do MindArk handle events very well?It's very dificult (probably impossible) to present us perfect events due to the inbalance you are talking about.
But even so, i think they are doing a very good job atm.

I'm sorry that your amazing efforts during the robot wars did not get paid off with a contraction unit m8, but that does not make it a bad event.
As for the Merry Mayhem: compare it to last years event.
How much better is it now than last year? ALOT!
They clearly thought about ways to make it more interesting for ppl from all skill levels.

Unfortunatly they can't make everyone happy but that does not mean they are not doing a good job.

Your missing the point.
MA organise the events well in my opinion and listen to feedback these days etc.. and are getting better on that side.

The problem is the looting mechanism/loot engine it seems as if the outcome is to some extent pre-determined i.e. pre-gold avatars in uber skills category will loot say 10 contraction units. The rest would fall into hands by "chance". I'm not saying thats how it works but that somehow its rigged to favour certain players and thats the crux of the problem here.

Tom has invested a lot of money (i myself have as well so i know where he is coming from) and yet it would appear the loot mechanism is rigged against him i.e. it is far from an even playing field.

That's the real issue that interests me here.

Edit: i'd like to add i think i'd place Tom in the uber category and sympathise with the fact that his investment does not reflect in terms of the loot

dunno what to say ....... it is quite hard to please everyone and as u know it has to be a reason in being uber. I bet u would not be more happy if all the contraction unit would have dropped from drone 01 to some ppl u never heard about and never knew they were looted.

i also get frustrated during these events but in EU there is no such thing as second place. to be in first u have to be uber lucky or uber skiled IMO. I'm neither of that but i hope my time will come ;)

Cheers
Grecu

I would like to stress out, that Mindark did try to cater for all ppl this time by makeing different categories. This is more then they ever did, and I applaud them for it.

And yes, I am sorry for you that you have 10k handgun, so you automatically are amongst the ubers.
You could consider chipping out, to be the pre-gold member in category 3, and land all the prices there.

But killing spider youngs is pointless ... you have to kill 10 for every stalker the winner kills. And there are only a few that kill stalkers efficiently ...

Yeah so, the people who can kill faster win? Isn't that the point?
Depending on how hard you (and your team) are killing, but it can be more efficient to kill lower levels since they regenrate slower.

Btw hp/point technical prowlers are best. And since the are easier and regen less it's the one you want to kill.

I've actually seriously thought about that ... (not like I don't have anything else to do) ... but anything said past this point would be speculation, like ... is there an "Uber Oath of Silence" that one must uphold, especially if one is a big depositor and beneficiary of event rewards over and over and over again ... which is what some are saying. :dunno: I just find it interesting that very few at the top of the player hierarchy (that some call it) don't get involved at the forum, and especially in discussions such as these, but then they are probably wise not to, and to protect their investments, no matter what they may think or feel. :D

Yes we can't really know and can only speculate. So in all honesty there probably is some "oath of silence" though how that works i have no idea. I mean what are the chances of all of them not speaking their minds on threads such as these? If it was normal statistically you'd expect some input from that player base, since there is no input then it must be un-normal ;)

From your diary....

2008-10-31 23.760 Thorifoid Shaman - HL12(L)
2007-09-19 17.083 Ped Hispidus Young including unlimited HL6
2007-09-24 14.495 Ped Armax Cow old - pure oil residue
2007-11-11 14.334 Ped Aurli Weak - pure oils
2007-10-02 11.742 Ped Aurli Weak - pure oils

In my over 2 years of playing I haven't come close to a 5 figure drop... I think you better take a break mate ;)

Exactly. I'm in my 6th year in EU and NOT A SINGLE LOOT WITH A TT OVER 2K PED. What did you do with all that ped from the HoFs? I can tell you that I've had to invest and deposit for pretty much every single thing I have, and MA still has yet to cut me a break. I point this out frequently, but I probably will continue to do so until my "luck" changes.

Also, keep in mind that not everyone who got a contraction unit was an old school fap skiller. In fact, some people hunting the biggest (and riskiest) mobs have deposited insane amounts, yet have under 80 agility. They most likely spent much more ped during the event than you, not including the fact that they put in more investment effort (irregardless of their wealth).

Another thing to keep in mind is that the grass is always greener on the other side. You see the big HoFs for highly skilled players and assume it's a large profit, but sometimes it just cuts losses or puts them even. I know you have heard this before, but I'm not sure you understand the magnitude of this for some players. I know that in some recent events, Star specifically has lost thousands of peds (possibly tens of thousands), even with the big HoFs and items he looted.

What bots were you hunting? Were you hunting "The" Eviscerators and the likes? I know that you need very high HP to tank them, but that's not an excuse. I watched AoW kill many of them in a team without a big tank there doing all the work. If you didn't build up social connections and work your way up into a society that can help your EU experience, then that may be something you need to work on. You can't expect to do well in most events without solid support from society members. Without the opinions, advice, and moral support of my society I probably would have cashed out from EU long ago from frustration.

So be thankful for what you have, and always remember that it could be worse. Some people take large risks just to be able to enjoy events more than normal everyday hunting. Be prepared to compete with them, because they want it more. Learn from the things that didn't work for you and try to avoid those situations for the next time around.

Oh, and Merry Christmas....and good luck. ;)

The problem is the looting mechanism/loot engine it seems as if the outcome is to some extent pre-determined i.e. pre-gold avatars in uber skills category will loot say 10 contraction units. The rest would fall into hands by "chance". I'm not saying thats how it works but that somehow its rigged to favour certain players and thats the crux of the problem here.

I think you are missing the point.
The question was not wether or not the loot mechanism is rigged (which btw is pure bullshit imo)
Probably 10 of them are looted by non-ubers or ppl who hunted waaaay less than the top robot war hunters.
MA has no reason to favor a few ubers in events like this.

Your missing the point.
MA organise the events well in my opinion and listen to feedback these days etc.. and are getting better on that side.

Tom has invested a lot of money (i myself have as well so i know where he is coming from) and yet it would appear the loot mechanism is rigged against him i.e. it is far from an even playing field.

That's the real issue that interests me here.

Edit: i'd like to add i think i'd place Tom in the uber category and sympathise with the fact that his investment does not reflect in terms of the loot

He also looted a lot. I think he is big in the plus overall. I doubt it's about rigged looting (since he got more than his share already) and it's not even true seeing who looted the contraction units. Ofcourse familiar names always show up, just because they are die hard uber hunters.
Star kills just as much as 10 average hunters.

Why not look at the uber hunters that didn't get uber stuff. Fairly easy to see then it's not rigged.

Buu huuu!!

Everybody look at me i hadn't had a how in days !

Pleas stop complaining You achieved more in this game that 90% of people in this forum, You had 5 (or even more 5 digit hofs) lots of people would kill for one 4 digit hof. I'm not going to mention skill and items You have!

I love Your tactics ,make a complaining post and in a day o two BOOM hof!

And about the Robot Wars there where probably 10K of people participating in this event so not only You lost! If You don't like those event made by MA than don't participate in them. They are trying their best to make Us players happy even if it's not always going as planed.

I would like to congratulate You on Your Hof/ATH that You will get in 2 or 3 days. Be patient MA is on holiday too.

Merry Xmas
Fabik

P.S Sorry that my first post is so negative.

I'm about to reveal the "big secret" amongst old school ubers that allows them to get big HoFs and items, yet keeps them from posting here on the forum... you ready?

THEY ARE TOO BUSY OUT PUTTING EFFORT IN-GAME TRYING TO GET THOSE ITEMS AND HOFS TO HAVE TIME TO CHAT ON A FORUM!

Not trying to be mean, but it's the truth!

Buu huuu!!

Pleas stop wining You achieved more in this game that 90% of people in this forum, You had 5 (or even more 5 digit hofs) lots of people would kill for one 4 digit hof. I'm not going to mention skill and items You have!

And about the Robot Wars there where probably 10K of people participating in this event so not only You lost! If You don't like those event made by MA than don't participate in them. They are trying their best to make Us players happy even if it's not always going as planed.

I would like to congratulate You on Your Hof/ATH that You will get in 2 or 3 days. Be patient MA is on holiday too.

Merry Xmas
Fabik

Uhm :scratch2:

Donno wtf people brings up my 5 hofs in this thread anyway - I'm cycling the peds back into loot pool and still depositing. During this robot invasion I lost the 10k I had on my PED card and sold off all my non used items to continue getting the items...

FatherJack, Fabrik and whoever post this kinda bullshit, start cycling 2500ped a day of ammo and do crafting for 1000 a day as well - and see if U won't get the same rare returns as well...

Now have a break pointing fingers at me - Im pointing them at MindArk - not that specific at persons...

Also those 2 NEG reps I got of this thread was due to my HOFS - and not due to my opinions.. wtf... 20+ plus reps on my opinion - thanks!

I'm about to reveal the "big secret" amongst old school ubers that allows them to get big HoFs and items, yet keeps them from posting here on the forum... you ready?

THEY ARE TOO BUSY OUT PUTTING EFFORT IN-GAME TRYING TO GET THOSE ITEMS AND HOFS TO HAVE TIME TO CHAT ON A FORUM!

Not taken mean at all ... (sarcastic maybe, but not mean) ... and fair enough! :D Just like old times, eh? ;)

Well let me just say, i hunted them realy extremly, i diden't loot any of those things and i mean none.

i spend alot of time on them. i went bankrupsy :/ and now all skill anyway are wery cheap to so no profit in that ether.

This was a realy bad event and i mean realy realy bad event.

Like Buzz say, the rich ones got richer....

Over and out.

/Hummel

You can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. :D

I have not been in game a long time... less than a year, in fact. During that time, I have seen some so-called events handled rather poorly... but I think that Marco, his staff, and MA are learning from experience. Honestly, they asked for our opinion about Merry Mayhem, and we gave it! Are you so surprised that they made changes to the event based on those opinions?

Yes, some were disappointed (very vocally, I might add) about the changes in category split. But, isn't that what we asked for? We cannot, as a large majority, say to MA... hey, the mid lvl category is too widespread, split it up!... and then be furious that they did. And if you read the original Merry Mayhem thread, yes, the majority of the posts stated that we wanted that split to happen.

As someone already stated, you have a choice to participate or not. In no instance did MA state that if you do not participate in this event, then you cannot log in and play the game until the event is over.

As far as the contraction unit goes... yes, I am quite certain a lot of ubers got those from shooting a lot of uber bots. However, I also know from in-game as well as here on EF, that at least 4 or 5 of those contraction units were looted from low lvl bots, not to mention the few BPs that were also discovered. So, that means at least 1/3 of the POE goes to non-uber players. Now, not so sure about some of those players, but I am pretty certain the person I know in game who looted one is not a huge depositor. And I also know he is not considered to be "uber" nor does he use uber equipment.

5 out of 15... that is really NOT a hard pill to swallow when you think about it.

Sorry if you felt that MA gave YOU the shaft during this past event... but, if you entered the event fighting bots with the expectation that you would absolutely loot an exceptional contraction unit, you were doomed to disappointment from the start.

If enough low and mid-level players stop playing or spending peds until cry2 comes out then I am sure MA will get the message loud and clear, it is the only way to force their hand.

I would advise people who feel the way the OP does to not play (deposit/spend peds) until the next 3/1 skill bonus comes around.

For me the worst aspect of this is not so much that the established players are rewarded but that MA changed the rules which all but lock the top players in. It makes me curious just how independent those players really are.

The 3/1 skill event at least allows for those who wish to catch up somewhat.

The top players have been rewarded enough by the price increases due to natural market conditions over the years and bugs or mechanics which allowed them to skill faster and cheaper. These events do not make the majority of the playerbase want to spend money and time to become uber but they do add to what is mentioned in the thread about MA having a bad reputation and leave many players looking for other entertainment options.

That MA seems not to understand or take actions on this again makes me wonder just how independent some of the so called ubers really are.

When something seems out of place, it usally is.

Exactly,

a lot of the posts in this forum, are how to do this or how to do that or whining about something or cheering that someone's achieved this or globalled/hoffed/athd on that. (I'm not saying that these are the only posts though!)

The "old school ubers" know how to do most things and are probably not very bothered if others know how successful they are.

I just think the mobchoice for the higher category is pretty wrong ... There are only a couple people ingame that can take down high lvl spiders efficiently, so by choosing that mob you will know for sure that they will win the prize if they participate ...

Your quote reminds me of something George Orwell wrote:

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others. "

Can't say if such is true here in Entropia but it sure seems many players feel that way. Which brings us to another quote:

"Perception is reality."

Dex :cool:

if you have problems with MA, then don't login :D
complains about the loot, then go sweating :silly:

Let me see if I have it right?

Some members in EU (Who have been in EU for a long time) have more skills and better gear than me.
Some (not all, but probably most) of them have more money than me.

The "Better gear", "more skills" and "More Money" give them an "Unfair" advantage in "Merry Mayhem."

I think this sums up how some people feel?

I think:

I would love to be a top racing driver, and win the Piston-Cup.

Is it unfair that someone who is a better driver than me (More skills), has a faster & better handling car (Better gear) and plenty of pit crew (More money) stands more chance of winning the championship then me, an average driver (95k skills), no car (average gear) , no money (276 peds on card) using my push-bike?

I do not see it as unfair that I can not win certain competitions because I can not afford to take part. That, sadly, is life.

Buu huuu!!

Pleas stop complaining You achieved more in this game that 90% of people in this forum, You had 5 (or even more 5 digit hofs) lots of people would kill for one 4 digit hof. I'm not going to mention skill and items You have!

Merry Xmas
Fabik

ahum.

The Buzz, clearly spend a lot of time and money to get where he is now. An average of 500$ / month is not to be taken lightly. En plus he even took a loan to get that I2875 (no, nobody forced him, but I think we can understand why he did that).

It might come as a surprise to you, but "global madness" / HOFS (even the biggies) do not mean profit all the time now Fabik. I had about 30 globals in the past 2 weeks.. newer players PM-ing and asking what I was doing with all the ped, well let me tell you that after all those globalls I still lost about 38% of my ped balance.

Tom is frustrated, and I can very well understand why he is frustrated. He is playing at a higher level and went trough a lot of effort to get there. When you get pushed back over and over again by pple who got a shitload of skills (or items) without putting in the same effort, it kinda slams you in the face.
Hell I know some pple with 12000 in shortblade, just by botting auctioneers in the past (stabbing auctioneers caused no decay on yr blade, but you gained skills..).

The point is that better skills and better gear gives a better outcome (or should give a better outcome). And there is NOTHING wrong with that aspect, it is the (or should be) the motivator to keep grinding and upgrading... but what if you hit a solid wall after all your efforts, a wall that can only be climbed by putting in even more $$ and effort... and behind that wall are a lot of peeps who did indeed get their skills easier (some of them ofc not all of them) and got nice pregold super items. Well The Buzz is hitting that wall right now... and he's getting rather pissed... wich is perfectly understandable, after all we're talking about real $$ here, not just some "gold" with 0 value IRL.

The point is, let the guy spill his guts, let him ventilate. You probably would like to do the same in his position.

Buzz, you need a break. Open a bottle of good red wine, shutdown EU, put some good music on... (try to avoid jingle bells and the like lol)

Warm regards,
BB

Uhm :scratch2:

Donno wtf people brings up my 5 hofs in this thread anyway - I'm cycling the peds back into loot pool and still depositing. During this robot invasion I lost the 10k I had on my PED card and sold off all my non used items to continue getting the items...

FatherJack, Fabrik and whoever post this kinda bullshit, start cycling 2500ped a day of ammo and do crafting for 1000 a day as well - and see if U won't get the same rare returns as well...

Now have a break pointing fingers at me - Im pointing them at MindArk - not that specific at persons...

Also those 2 NEG reps I got of this thread was due to my HOFS - and not due to my opinions.. wtf... 20+ plus reps on my opinion - thanks!

I'm just saying that You got something form playing the game I have to deposit every week to play this game... You had those hof's that enabled You to play it without depositing .If You don't like how the game works play other mmorpg in which You pay a monthly fee or take a break from it. EU is not a game its a business.

I voted no purely on the way they are running the mayhem events as if a single person can win it by hunting alone. Im pretty sure there are plenty that dont read the fourms but see the event in the client loader and think they will have a go at this. In reality (or virtual if you prefer) the people that will win this are those that have the largest support team, and that goes for any of the catagories. So it has very little to do with who is actually getting the kills.

In all fairness ... I really think MA is making a concerted effort to do better with things like these events, and has listened to the community, but have they done enough with regard to balance? ... or is one profession getting the majority of the focus, and therefore, more opportunity for the upper echelon to benefit? What about the ubers in the other professions? I stand by my original vote ... these events need to be more balanced, and several have given great argument using Merry Mayhem as an example, but ... behind that thought comes this one ...

There's no mistake ... that EU has a class system, and as someone posted earlier (I think it was Jak), it's best to know your place, because it is what it is. Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute ... we don't know (openly) what those at the top deposit, nor what the full scope of their investments are, so perhaps the way that events are designed is to appease those filling MA's deep pockets with a bit of a return on those investments via "opportunity" ... but then ... the question still remains ... is the reward commensurate with the level of investment, or just a token of appreciation for supporting MA as much as they have? :dunno:

I voted no purely on the way they are running the mayhem events as if a single person can win it by hunting alone. Im pretty sure there are plenty that dont read the fourms but see the event in the client loader and think they will have a go at this. In reality (or virtual if you prefer) the people that will win this are those that have the largest support team, and that goes for any of the catagories. So it has very little to do with who is actually getting the kills.

Yes after reading about how one can have the target softened and then kill it to speed up the process seems to be a glitch in the contest.

I would think at least some form of official disclosure by MA that this is possible would only be fair to all, being some may deposit especially to partake of this contest and not realize they are engaging in a Solo effort while competing against organized team efforts.

Dex :cool:

Last edited:
Thay Have bought L high end armours into game o you cant complain of not having high end armour.

they dont need to bring L high end guns as they are already here,

Just L mod and imp faps needed and were all set hey?

I hunted bots for 16 hours on average for 17 days, watching one after another dropping to *so called ubers*, extreme high depositors and resellers. I watched them bully other players on a regular basis... :eek:

I didn't expect to loot an Contraction unit, however - I would say I did my very best to get my hands on it... And basically none lower skilled players than me got their hands on it, if it happened it might have been 1-3 of the 15 parts.. the rest went to - previously mentioned playerbase of pregold or high depositors with Modified Fap, Supremecy, Mod Merc / Foe Ripper.

Heya Tom... Sorry it worked out that way for ya. Only 15 of those things to go around so chances were pretty slim to be one of the lucky few. If it makes you feel any better though, they didn't all go to the ones gifted with 10/10 skills and 100+ agility with uber gear. I was one of the few to be lucky to get a contraction unit. Being less skilled than you I think that says something. Also didn't have anything better for armor at time then ghost and vig. Only weapon had was my 147ME. Granted I did sell off/make deal with the unit but felt I needed better weapons and skills more. Also get to finally pull out some ped soon because of it.

Not sure what to tell ya man. I do fairly well for not being 10/10 skilled now. If I can turn a profit now (haven't deposited for many months now and ped card grows when not buying more things) you should be able to as well. I really hate to be one of "those" people, but maybe you should look at changing your game style some.

Best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll be able to figure out how to make things work out better eventually.

Back