Event Question

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
Seeing as most short term events (~1 hour, no event series) come with rewards between 300-900PED's where the third and sometimes the second price is smaller then the financial risk of some of the participants (300-600PED's in ammo alone) i have come to seek for events with prizes above 1k ped for a single event and had to realize that there are next to none (except event series, which in most cases require a steady time investment).

This brings me to my question, please use this thread to show your interests regarding the financial (ticket costs vs. rewards) side of the events.

Would there be any interest for example to take part in an event with 100-200PED (just one visit in a cinema) ticket cost and 5-10k ped rewards ?

Where would you draw the line ? (highest ticket price you would pay)

When stating your preferences please add if you are a low, medium or high skilled hunter and if you prefer lots of low end mobs or like to fight the harder mobs of calypso during events.

Hi there. My opinion would be : These low ticketprize, low winning prize events are good for most people because u spend just those few peds extra to get a chance to win a reward and while u compete u still have the normal chance to get goot loot. While hunting outside any event, u still loose the peds for ammo and decay...

I am a low- medium level hunter atm, so for bigger mobs i suggest making them team events. This way more people can join and the possibly higher ticket price wouldn´t be that bad cause teammembers share the cost.

I initieted some events with price items above 1k PED, that made me a loss around 500-800 PED each event as this never get sold out!

It seems nobody is interested in buying expencive tickets for events with high markup price items.

So I stopped my event promotion as I am not that rich to give away my money for free!

Even this low budget events are far more risky for the promoter than for the contestant, as he has to pay the price and the fee to initiate any event.

As long you don´t own the LA where the event is initiated the event promoter will always lose.

Circeling through 500 PED ammo during an event is the same thing than circeling through 500 PED ammo during a normal hunt. No increased risk.
Lets say there is an price item with an value of 500 PED and the ticket price is 10 PED, it needs 50 contestants to cover the Price item and another 10 contestants to cover the fee the promoter had to pay for initiating the event.

Its very unlikely to get 60 contestants into one event.

What is the real risk for the hunter? Its only this 10 PED ticketprice, as if he won´t participate at this event, he would hunt somewhere else, what cost exactly the same than during an event!

Think about 10 PED, its less than a spaceflight. A lot of hunters fly up to CP or CND for hunting, but buying a ticket for an event and have a chance to get a nice additional price sounds to expencive. Worried!

I am a low- medium level hunter atm, so for bigger mobs i suggest making them team events. This way more people can join and the possibly higher ticket price wouldn´t be that bad cause teammembers share the cost.

Its not possible to initiate any team events at the landmarkers.
Event system surely needs some improvement, but that is something MA has to do!

As a event noob & low/ medium skilled hunter would be willing to pay upto 20ped for a ticket in 1k prize event assuming it was single highest loot & 1 hour long; obviously the mob would need to be within my range too.
As 1 hour is somewhere between 60-80ped ammo burn for my normally setup, so it makes the 100ped or so worth the risk.

Back