Event Sponsors

desg90

Prowler
Society
Entropia News Network
Alexander Didachos Bork
With the many events we're planning at ENN, we're discussing the way we're going to organize, pay and promote them.

So, I have a question about/for event sponsors.
What do sponsors ask in exchange for their donations/help?
Free publicity? Money? Favors? :confused:

BTW, if you want to be our sponsor for the upcoming events, feel free to post here or PM me.

I think that sponsors what you to hold your event on there LA, as well as being publicized. As I am not a sponsor, I cant say for sure, But you might find a sponsor in the property section of the forum.

I should have explained a bit more thoroughly.

While we are certainly planning to host events in LAs.
Some events may be AND are not limited to fashion contests, fighting events and other highly creative events that I will not mention due to their unprecedented nature (fighting and fashion isn't something new in EU).

These events aren't really taking place in a LA.
So, sponsors wouldn't be lending their LAs but giving prizes and/or donations.

Of course, not everything is free.
What do sponsors usually ask in exchange of their help? :confused:

Please note these are just ideas, I am not sure weather these people are into this sort of thing.

A fashon event might be sponsored by a tailorer, a body sculpter, or somine who owns a clothes store. An event which entails PvP might be sponsored by the owner of a LA partially in a PvP zone or someone who own a PK gear renting shop, and a hunting event might be promoted by someone with an LA. If you are looking for a promoter, think of who would have the max gain form you event, and ask them first.

That seems to be the problem...
What can sponsors win out of such events?

Though I do have some sponsors in mind...
I can't just ask them to give prizes away out of pure selflessness, can I? :rolleyes:

If there is a fashon event, and Sorg donates prizes, he will MAKE money from increased sales. Notice how big events always have a free haircur by Sorg? He wouldnt be nearly so well known otherwise. LA owners collect extra taxes from events, as well as poeple who decide to come back to hunt there again. Uber gear renting stores make money from people renting there gear in to use in the event. These are al people who you migh ask to be sponsors. If you understand a sponsors motives, you should ahve no problem finding a sponsor for your event.

So it's free publicity for some.
That's why I opened this thread, to understand sponsors' motives.

You're perfectly right in all you write. I just need sponsors confirming this.
If I don't get any answer from prospect sponsors, I will PM them directly.

I couldn't wait any longer.
I've sent some PMs to people that may be interested on the next event.

The only thing I dare say in a public forum is:
It's an Art contest. People will have to display a lot of creativity to win.
If we have enough sponsors, the prizes will be very big.
If we have big prizes, lots of people will be attracted to it.

If anyone is interested in sponsoring this event, PM me for further details.

OK, very few people have seen this thread.
I think/hope it's not due to lack of interest.
After I changed my settings a bit, my new posts and threads just don't appear on the main page or, at least, I think they don't.
It may be because of my temporary slow dial up connection?

I shall be posting an official event thread as soon as 711 fixes this predicament. Faithful viewers must expect a big surprise about this event!

In Regards to sponsoring..

This is very interesting and I'm glad to hear about it. I would gladly help out in any way. I am having deposit issues, but I might have a few things to add to the prizes. ;p I'll even ask some of the ppl I know that might be willing to help out. I am currently having issues with my website since its powered by google, but not runned by them o_O Ya I know tell me about it. I'll looking for a new domain, one that will allow me to share my art work and be able to have ppl sign in as members or guests that are willing to share their work. I have done many stories with ENN as well as have done a few of my own. I'm very busy with real life stuff so I would like a general time and place ahead of time so I can fit it in my schedule :p. PM or email me at :

PhantomStriker3000@Hotmail.Com

I hope to hear from you soon and look forward in participating with ENN once again....

I have run events in the passed, and are doing so now again.
The sponsors I have had have mostly been of the "fan" kind. IE they love my event and just want to help me make it more attractive.

There have also been others who have asked a banner in return and similar advertisement options.

Last edited:
Thanks for your interest Striker!
I have already PMed you with the details regarding the upcoming event.

DeeDee:
Yes, I have sent PMs to people I know to be very supportive about art, and I have received some positive responses.
This specific event is about art and creativity. But other ENN events may be a little more sportive *hint*

Readers should expect an official thread about this event in a few weeks.
Stay tuned!

Back