Excessive items.

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
I am constantly asking myself why every VU brings new BP's and new items, that completely deprecate older existing ones.

This VU I see an addition for mining finders to add on top of the:
39 existing finders. before recent additions, Most of which don't sell well, and causes less markup for the hunter.

We have 1127 Weapons before the recent additions. A majority of these are not used or crafted for various reasons.
We have 144 Armor sets before recent additions. Most of these never sell, or hold demand.

Case in point. I have a customer that likes Breer P5a.
The advanced targeting assessment units needed are getting scarse, and at a prohibitive markup. This raises the cost for the item, and the cost for the hunter.

*you might say cool the hunter has a nice MU item finally. Until you go out to hunt for the part to realize, you will spend 300+ ped to get enough for one gun....if that, and it still is far from paying for the hunt.

OK so lets look at the crafted alternatives.......

H21 Scrof - Similar Eco, dps, and type.......but it uses.....advanced targeting assessment units.
Svempa T5 - Similar Eco damage and type .......but it uses.....advanced targeting assessment units.

That is 3 weapons in the same category all reliant on one part that is dropping far less than it had.

These weapons also compete with others that use this one part (advanced targeting assessment units.), like the popular LP485 Apis rifle, among others. Reducing the availability for these options even more.

The options for this customer have been eliminated, until supply can provide, which is unreliable, and quite frustrating for them.

Essentially, these are now not worth crafting since people:
A) Dont want to pay the MU now needed by lack of supply.
B) There are many options looted/crafted on other planets for the same general guidelines.
Still, my customer still does not get the Economy he is looking to replace.
Those options grow faster than the materials needed to make the existing ones. (these are unreliable in MU and availability for a hunter).

The Calypso hunter then now has loot that Crafters are not keen on buying to craft at a loss. = Lower MU for hunters.

You can see on auction that a new weapon has dropped like candy lately. What had a nice MU for the hunter, now is tt food. But also, there is less demand for other weapons, which are not being crafted, and the parts for existing weapons has lost MU value for the hunter and crafter of parts.

It is getting dangerous for Hunters and Crafters IMO.

It is not a very comforting feeling that an investment in a BP, or a reliance of an Item with some MU, can disappear completely.

On the other end, It is not very comforting to hunt a mob or creature for MU, that is dramatically reduced each time something new is added.

It is actually a near breaking point for me. I would almost rather tt 1300 uniques and rares than go about selling them, since the values would be highly dependent on the balancing manager, who does not seem to know balance, or how to keep crafters working in the game.

Already a large number of BP's I bought have no use at all. Hundreds!
A larger number of looted/crafted parts have been affected by a reduced or eliminated Markup.

So in short, please stop adding items to the game, before it has even more of a negative effect on everyone.

If anything re-vamp what exists.

Last edited:
That completely deprecate older existing ones.

Yep, remember the old tiering process when u can destroy an item... Obviously that is what they are trying to do.

If anything re-vamp what exists.

New items to be purchased :laugh:

The high mu of some of the control components, makes certain bps un profitable to craft, so now you have to buy new bps to replace them. Yes, this does suck, as I have owned several 1kped plus bps that have went down this last year.

The amp thing I haven't messed with yet. I do think however, that using existing items in crafting can bring the EU into some type of perfect balance. Could even up grade bps. Most things should be able to be dissembled for parts or used as a whole, in crafting. It makes items have additional worth, someone will eventually buy the item to part it.

This game can seem like a never ending beta test :silly2:

Adapt and move on with the changes. just like the buggy and whip manufactures balked at the 1st automibles. They too complained and tried to hold onto their way of life and now those industries have vanished. many of the new weapons (herman series for instance) are better than the old series (breer's for instance) so get those bp's and craft what ppl want. as for your customer, the herman cap 21 jungle or cap-20 desert are pretty equal to the p5a

It does seem the number of new items per VU is getting out of control. I feel bad for new players having to negotiate the selection.
The new trend which is attempting to clear up excess items such as the Adj/Imp/Mod 5Bs and 6As has been fair to the most part. The current risky business of crafting upgraded Cause/Dante/Evil amps is interesting. Clearly MA has no input on the MV of these BLP amps, it's the community and the crafters at the end of the day. The current example of the Adj Evil Amp sounds great, but the cost to craft it is potentially 2-3 Evil amps, so it has to be worth it.

I guess the question is the price of crafting these current Laser/BLP amps is a lot, and can only be improved by crafters increasing supply. On the flip side, remember how we all lost expensive items when tiering started. I wonder in a few months if MA may just put a NPC in place to allow players to trade up, like with the Adj/Imp/Mod 5Bs. Hence I am sceptical about wasting a couple of Evil amps in a crafting terminal for a remote chance o success.

P5a and scrof are being deliberately pushed out as these are old time items with too high dps for their levels. This is what caused Arkadia to rename and restat all their guns - Calypso apparently took the other option, and the chances of p5a getting crafted are rare as a result.

I'm not sure the calypso changes have been thought out too well from the weapon crafting pov, but the overall lineup is much better than used to be.

The OP has a valid point.

I also feel there are way too many new items introduced in a short period of time.

I know ppl like the feeling of a golden swirls from a discovery, but in order for that item to be worth something, it has to be well balanced and allow the players to understand how that item is integrated in the economy. This takes time and at the current pace of 10-15 new items every month or so, it's kinda hard to keep up.

Instead of adding new and new items MA should look into revising the usability of existing items, especially in crafting.

As for old items like P5a, H21 or Apis, I think MA's intent is to remove them. Since the loot rebalance I haven't looted a single generic component like ATAU or ESCP and I hunt mobs that used to drop them very often in the past. What crafters are using atm are components which were gathering dust in players storage, but that supply will soon be over. It's the same as with the old L weapons. Anyone looted one since the loot rebalance? :scratch2:

Back