Experienced high level hunter offering mentoring

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
I am offering mentoring to players, new or not-so-new.

I am based in the UK but am usually online until the early hours so can offer help to American players as well as Europeans (or anyone who’s generally around between 1700 and 0300 game time). I’ve been playing almost daily since May 2006. Primarily a hunter, I have achieved high levels through natural skilling and would estimate I'm comfortably within the top 5% most skilled hunters in EU. I am mainly based on Calypso at present.

I am also a senior member of a noob-friendly society which you would be welcome to join (but you don't have to).

I will only accept disciples who:

• can speak English fluently;
  • are aged 18 or above;
  • are willing to deposit (if you don't want to deposit until you've tried things out for a while that's OK as long as you aren't committed to only playing for free).

I can offer in-depth knowledge of subjects including:

• hunting tactics and technique;
  • economic playing to make the most of your PEDs;
  • equipment choice;
  • mob choice and locations;
  • event creation and management.

I have a good general knowledge of all aspects of EU, but if you’re looking for an expert miner or crafter, you should look elsewhere.

I will not:

• team hunt with you, except to show you the basics of hunting and to fulfil the achievement you require to graduate;
  • buy your sweat or loot;
  • give you PEDs or other gifts;
  • lend you items;
  • offer you paid work.

If this is of interest to you, please contact me to discuss it. Don't bother sending a mentoring request via the register without talking to me first. Unsolicited requests of this type will be rejected.

Last edited:
I think any noob who can get you is a lucky one. They are in for a treat :)
Your post really shows we need some upgrades to the mentor interface.

Good luck Oleg, any disciple of your should be proud to have you as a mentor.

I noticed you will not team hunt with the disciple, so I wanted to double check if you know of the achievements that is needed for a disciple to graduate.. One of them is team hunting, I have no idea how much mentor+disciple must team hunt but it seems like it is a requirement. Maybe one mob is enough? I have no clue.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the knd words guys :)

I noticed you will not team hunt with the disciple, so I wanted to double check if you know of the achievements that is needed for a disciple to graduate.

Yes I did, but I should make that part more clear, thanks for pointing it out.

No takers yet so if you take up this offer now you get my full attention.

If I was a new player I would be happy to have oleg as my mentor.

One disciple on the books who is doing nicely and has already been given advice that will save him money on every hunt.

Who's next?

Bumpin' time :)

Good luck sharing soome knowledge! :dunce:

Nice. I am looking for a mentor. I'm semi-newish. A few months, did lots of research but have little time in game.

I am leaning more towards professioning in mining, but hunting is also a good skill to learn a bit of.

I'll look you up in a bit. :p

Hello,
You seem to be a very dedicated mentor and i am looking for one, sadly my online time is kinda limited. And I have a question: would you be interested in a disciple that will take longer to graduate? On the other hand maybe it will not take so long as i already got a bit more then 1k in anatomy skill same with rifle. Though I'm not sure how much skill i need to get in order to graduate.

Hello,
You seem to be a very dedicated mentor and i am looking for one, sadly my online time is kinda limited. And I have a question: would you be interested in a disciple that will take longer to graduate? On the other hand maybe it will not take so long as i already got a bit more then 1k in anatomy skill same with rifle. Though I'm not sure how much skill i need to get in order to graduate.

I don't mind how slow or fast you are. You can probably do better than the guy on my list who hasn't logged in for 3 years :laugh:

I don't think anyone is really sure what exactly the requirements to graduate are but it seems to move up at a reasonable rate for most people.

Look me up if you're interested :)

Nice. I am looking for a mentor. I'm semi-newish. A few months, did lots of research but have little time in game.

I am leaning more towards professioning in mining, but hunting is also a good skill to learn a bit of.

I'll look you up in a bit. :p

Feel free to request me, as long as you understand that my mining knowledge is limited.

Hope you get plenty of disciples Oleg, however tossing them the odd pair of shoes isn't such a bad thing is it... do the Corn mission and you will see how empty this is to us and how great it might be to them... more disciples.

Hope you get plenty of disciples Oleg, however tossing them the odd pair of shoes isn't such a bad thing is it... do the Corn mission and you will see how empty this is to us and how great it might be to them... more disciples.

I am not here to give a man a fish, I am here to teach them how to fish.

And by the way I was one of the first people to ever complete the corn mission:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...202450-Cornundacauda-Iron-Challenge-completed

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Ah sorry. Didn't find you online when I played. Perhaps we just play on different times. I did find another mentor who is specialized in mining. Best of luck to ya.

Wondering: Can you disciple through another mentor if you graduate from one?

Ah sorry. Didn't find you online when I played. Perhaps we just play on different times. I did find another mentor who is specialized in mining. Best of luck to ya.

Wondering: Can you disciple through another mentor if you graduate from one?

No, you can only graduate once.

Good luck with the guy you found, I've been online for about 10 hours a day recently so if you didn't see me online I am probably not the right mentor for you :D

Blah blah blah

Pointless bump.

Bumping a good player even if he does die on beacons :xwink:

Forget those people offering you PEDs to be their disciple, if you need someone who knows how to hunt profitably then you need me :)

mentoring

hello since the last date of entry is so long ago i hope you're still tracking this lol, i tried the game a couple of years ago but left since i didn't really get the game, well i've decided to give it another go and i am looking for a good experienced player,after reading your description i figured you'd suit me perfectly in terms of game time etc since i live in the uk too but up mostly untill the early hours, this would also make it perfect, i did try finding you under player register but it wasn't finding you on there for some reason, and i don't know how else to add you as a friend ingame

my IGN is Drysyn Dry Drylo ( but i only have Drysyn ticked if this makes any difference)

Back