Exploit in Gold Rush 2023 event cat 04

Dr. Zana Maselutza
URGENT matter because is an in-going event.

"Winner is decided based on the highest number of points in one (1) run, points is gained by killing creatures inside the instances. It doesn’t matter which of the ten (10) runs have the highest score."
This are all the rules for hunting event.

In cat 04, bosses represent a significant contribution of points compared to the other categories where you make most part of points from mobs and not from bosses, but in cat 04 where is not a big number of points, BOSSES mobs who gives you 50-100-200-500-1000 points, can make the difference very eazy.
I spent some hours in GL 2023 event cat 04, I counted 2 runs and I see that average points in a 12h run is 50k`ìsh.
BUT
If you ONLY STAY AFK in the middle/on top where countdown is STOPPED, bosses is spawned every 20 min.
A boss give you between 50-1000 points so IF YOU STAY AFK and kill every 80 min all 4 bosses make between 500-1000 points ( 750 average points killing all 4 bosses) in 5 mins, then you go again afk 80 mins.
So with an ez math every HOUR of EVENT count you can make 15k points only killing 80 bosses.
If you are doing this tactic ...you can do eazyly over 100k-150k points in 12h run just waiting afk , killing only bosses and no other mob. (without rolling the ped).
SO

Are we allowed to do this?

Maybe reset all counts so far and you can remove TIME STOP from the middle of the room. ( problem solved) .

Last edited:
I was thinking about this "tactic" just out of curiosity if its a possibility or not, but not even tested myself to see if boss spawn at every 20 mins without killing too or there is a kill count minimum to make it spawn, as i would consider this as an exploit anyway, so wont do it even if boss spawns without kill count.
Hopefully MA check scores and if this is the case, they will remove the result from the winners.

Seems fairly easy for Mindark to check who did this.

Certainly very risky business using this tactic, with Mindark previously having handed out bans from future events to disqualified people in Mayhems.

Who is doing this exploit > perma banned from all events.

Stop for once being a pussy and take attitude against actual events exploiters.

Last edited:
Whop is doing this explot > perma banned from all events.

Stop for once being a pussy and take attitude against actual events exploiters.
Totally. What they lose in banned high turnover "important" players, the lose many times more in distrust from rest of playerbase if no (or soft) action is taken.

Game mechanics allows that, so definately not an exploit. Shit decision for sure, both for player / it would take immense ammount of time to finish run/ and for organiser /not raking enough because stupid design/. But any way huge gz to alts that have time to finish it this way.

Game mechanics allows that, so definately not an exploit. Shit decision for sure, both for player / it would take immense ammount of time to finish run/ and for organiser /not raking enough because stupid design/. But any way huge gz to alts that have time to finish it this way.

Guess game mechanics also alloweed similar in 2018 Easter mayhem, when MA disqualified many participant due to suspicious activity and/or an impossibly low number of robot kills in relation to their posted event time.

See here:
https://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2018/04/18/1104/index.xml

I would say its a similar case, and if somebody uses this tactic, hopefully with similar result.

Is someone required to kill regular mobs by the rules?
I am not participating in this event because it is very poorly designed imo. The focus should be this and not blame those who are smarter than us.

I think MA need to say if this is allowed or not and they need to do this quickly either today or tomorrow the latest. I can see both arguments for and against.

For once we should have clarity because without it this is far from a competition but pot luck on who decided this was allowed or not allowed.

I was thinking about this "tactic" just out of curiosity if its a possibility or not, but not even tested myself to see if boss spawn at every 20 mins without killing too or there is a kill count minimum to make it spawn, as i would consider this as an exploit anyway, so wont do it even if boss spawns without kill count.
Hopefully MA check scores and if this is the case, they will remove the result from the winners.
I tested before write about it. Is working. Not need to kill count any mobs... you just wait and bosses are coming over and over.

From Zephyrus on ark disc:

Addition to make things a little bit more clear
This Gold Rush is for solo players. Any attempt to abuse team mechanics or any other Entropia Universe systems or features to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account.

Anyone found using multiple accounts to gain an unfair advantage or to win prizes will forfeit all prizes and risk additional sanctions on their Entropia Universe account(s), including potential account termination.

Regarding the bosses, their intended spawn time is set to start after 20 minutes of active gameplay inside the creatures hunting zone. Exploiting this spawning anomaly will be treated as an exploit.

their intended spawn time is set to start after 20 minutes of active gameplay
They should make this apparent in the beginning, or have the same damn system as mayhem. 95 kills and 30 minutes for example.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Regarding the bosses, their intended spawn time is set to start after 20 minutes of active gameplay inside the creatures hunting zone. Exploiting this spawning anomaly will be treated as an exploit.

It is clear from that point, now lets hope they really enforce it.

All GR events were exploited.

URGENT matter because is a in-going event.

"Winner is decided based on the highest number of points in one (1) run, points is gained by killing creatures inside the instances. It doesn’t matter which of the ten (10) runs have the highest score."
This are all the rules for hunting event.

In cat 04, bosses represent a significant contribution of points compared to the other categories where you make most part of points from mobs and not from bosses, but in cat 04 where is not a big number of points, BOSSES mobs who gives you 50-100-200-500-1000 points, can make the difference very eazy.
I spent some hours in GL 2023 event cat 04, I counted 2 runs and I see that average points in a 12h run is 50k`ìsh.
BUT
If you ONLY STAY AFK in the middle/on top where countdown is STOPPED, bosses is spawned every 20 min.
A boss give you between 50-1000 points so IF YOU STAY AFK and kill every 80 min all 4 bosses make between 500-1000 points ( 750 average points killing all 4 bosses) in 5 mins, then you go again afk 80 mins.
So with an ez math every HOUR of EVENT count you can make 15k points only killing 80 bosses.
If you are doing this tactic ...you can do eazyly over 100k-150k points in 12h run just waiting afk , killing only bosses and no other mob. (without rolling the ped).
SO

Are we allowed to do this?

Maybe reset all counts so far and you can remove TIME STOP from the middle of the room. ( problem solved) .

Interesting. I wondered if the boss mobs were on a timer or they were spawned after so many breeders were killed. Good catch. Have you submitted a support case to MA? I would do so just so its a matter of record and they can investigate. I'm not sure if anything can be done this GR aside from looking at players with high points on only boss kills.

intended to spawn after 20 minutes of active gameplay is stupid. So I can’t take a break and go eat a sandwich? I can’t go to the bathroom? I can’t go smoke a cigarette? I can’t go take the dog for a walk? I can’t go make a up of coffee?

I’m supposed to log out in each of these instances then log back in?

You are now telling me how to play. I think this is wrong. As a consumer who payed with my own money I should be allowed to afk when I feel like it and log in out ask choose.

Also I’m not playing gr this time around. Just wanted to say this seems stupid.

This Gold Rush is for solo players. Any attempt to abuse team mechanics or any other Entropia Universe systems or features to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account.

Anyone found using multiple accounts to gain an unfair advantage or to win prizes will forfeit all prizes and risk additional sanctions on their Entropia Universe account(s), including potential account termination.

"Regarding the bosses, their intended spawn time is set to start after 20 minutes of active gameplay inside the creatures hunting zone. Exploiting this spawning anomaly will be treated as an exploit."
Nobody can anomaly spawn the bosses. Bosses are spawning normaly. You just kill bosses when it spawn. So where is the exploit?
Dont think this statement fixed the problem.

"Regarding the bosses, their intended spawn time is set to start after 20 minutes of active gameplay inside the creatures hunting zone. Exploiting this spawning anomaly will be treated as an exploit."
Nobody can anomaly spawn the bosses. Bosses are spawning normaly. You just kill bosses when it spawn. So where is the exploit?
Dont think this statement fixed the problem.

It's badly worded but I'm sure what he means is waiting for bosses to spawn and only killing boss mobs will be treated as an exploit. Therefore does go towards fixing the problem. They just need to enforce it.

Seems fairly easy for Mindark to check who did this.

Certainly very risky business using this tactic, with Mindark previously having handed out bans from future events to disqualified people in Mayhems.

Pretty easy for the players to check too, look at globals on EL.com and report any player who only got Patriarch globals.

Pretty easy for the players to check too, look at globals on EL.com and report any player who only got Patriarch globals.

Not so easy most top level players set themselves in hidden mode and no one can see their globals/hofs. Considering the situation even if not they may do that now

Easy fix , check logs count 36 Patriarch kills and remove any point above that kill count + set the points of people who abused this to 0

Not so easy most top level players set themselves in hidden mode and no one can see their globals/hofs. Considering the situation even if not they may do that now
Easy to go around this is to search chat.log, ofc need to collaborate with friends to fill gaps when you were offline

All boss exploiters with a minimum of 50 iq would make their EL profile hidden, like the alts won cat1 last time.

Fake wife and granny accounts have been around for years and I never heard about them doing anything about it. Sometimes those fake alts get huge loots seemingly outside of their cycling capabilities, I wonder what exploit they found to do this. Maybe transfering lottables in PvP which then counts as a hunting loss, not sure.

Back