Exploit in Gold Rush 2023 event cat 04

you have to draw the line between what is clearly an exploit, and what is simply a clever method of improving your odds. may as well call people who chase waves sploiters, or people who only log in to do dailies and log out exploiters. this might walk the line but i think bans would be a pretty extreme step to take. you want to prevent people from cheating, but you don't want to ban people who just developed a smart strategy.

If my slowly gleaned info is correct:
well first rule is go get a test and see then come back with solid analysis, just a tip

So, some ***** (5-star) dev added code to stop the timer when in the central area, but the boss counter doesn't stop?
Is the event management now telling us that we mustn't spend any time there because of that? Seriously?
this has nothing to do with the developer at all, it is as it is, dumb fuck as it was for many years
bad thing is with the participants in this event cause i always said, if u want to do "tests" don't play dumb and do these stuffs in events, leave the evens alone, is lack of respect towards other participants... some of them are friends and some claim to have them... "close friends"

It isn't just a 2 minute bathroom break, it could be to feed a crying newborn who just woke up unexpectedly, or get caught up while just trying to do a 2 minute bathroom break, and now all of a sudden you've lost hours of time because someone subjectively says you cheated by being afk.
this was intended for exactly such situation, but don't tell me after a such pause u get back to the boss and leave the other mobs away, first thought is to kill the boss, multiple times in a row

............................................................................................
don't faking play the dumb act i was at the door answering to idk who might get back to that door weirdly every 20 mins giving me just enough time to run back to the pc and ...surprizeeeee !!! new boss is spawned, letting u speechless of emotion, while the bladder fights against u from such amount of adrenaline from seeing such incredible sight and while all the senses get back from numbness u realize that fking annoying door bell ringing and announcing another visit just when u were all in, ready to take the fight to a proper lvl fit for your uber'ish items that worth a fortune, and surprizeeeee ! not again u just happen to see that incredible boss again like a mirage .... over and over in this hypnotic spin........ forget extasy ... this is the real deal, the mother of all sensations
..........................................................................................

one thing it's upsetting me - the yog resolve -
and i m thinking about that because is so easy to play dumb and leave with a small consequence, a 6 month ban...

"so fky what? dont fking care... i get back to the main money milking job like never ever happen"

IRL if such things are met in sport the cheater gets ban not to not perform anymore but to compete in further events for a 3-4-5 years making him think twice if not more times before acting.

Mayhems, GR, or whatever new events might come are all that matters, is why ppl get to have such expensive gear and this is the pressure point where should MA act, not a 6 months ban like was in the yog case

seeing those guys getting back in business smirking up to everyone and thinking "what a bunch of morons, i made them all, i m back bitches.... to get more and more, u all can go f*** y*******f "
...................................................................................

this "dont touch the events" rule should make players realize what that means, in a proper way

:banana:

Recently OTK had a WoW Mak'Gora tournament with a $100 000 prize pool.

I found their way of running the tournament excellent. The rules were solid and logical.

well first rule is go get a test and see then come back with solid analysis, just a tip

this has nothing to do with the developer at all, it is as it is, dumb fuck as it was for many years
bad thing is with the participants in this event cause i always said, if u want to do "tests" don't play dumb and do these stuffs in events, leave the evens alone, is lack of respect towards other participants... some of them are friends and some claim to have them... "close friends"

this was intended for exactly such situation, but don't tell me after a such pause u get back to the boss and leave the other mobs away, first thought is to kill the boss, multiple times in a row

............................................................................................
don't faking play the dumb act i was at the door answering to idk who might get back to that door weirdly every 20 mins giving me just enough time to run back to the pc and ...surprizeeeee !!! new boss is spawned, letting u speechless of emotion, while the bladder fights against u from such amount of adrenaline from seeing such incredible sight and while all the senses get back from numbness u realize that fking annoying door bell ringing and announcing another visit just when u were all in, ready to take the fight to a proper lvl fit for your uber'ish items that worth a fortune, and surprizeeeee ! not again u just happen to see that incredible boss again like a mirage .... over and over in this hypnotic spin........ forget extasy ... this is the real deal, the mother of all sensations
..........................................................................................

one thing it's upsetting me - the yog resolve -
and i m thinking about that because is so easy to play dumb and leave with a small consequence, a 6 month ban...

"so fky what? dont fking care... i get back to the main money milking job like never ever happen"

IRL if such things are met in sport the cheater gets ban not to not perform anymore but to compete in further events for a 3-4-5 years making him think twice if not more times before acting.

Mayhems, GR, or whatever new events might come are all that matters, is why ppl get to have such expensive gear and this is the pressure point where should MA act, not a 6 months ban like was in the yog case

seeing those guys getting back in business smirking up to everyone and thinking "what a bunch of morons, i made them all, i m back bitches.... to get more and more, u all can go f*** y*******f "
...................................................................................

this "dont touch the events" rule should make players realize what that means, in a proper way

:banana:
So overly dramatic. I'm suggesting since there are no rules now on what is qualified or disqualified, would one or a few breaks actually disqualify you or are you still good; nobody knows!? I haven't even logged into the game since this event started, I'm just stating what could happen a few times, not kill bosses 80 minutes and kill bosses 80 minutes on repeat obviously (but still, someone came up with the rules on boss spawns (why would you steer away from mayhem boss spawns that actually make you "be an active hunter")

I think you've misunderstood the subtext. When folks speak of these chains of events involving multiple doorbells and such, they're not concerned with literal doorbells, or with any of the other specific events they describe. The doorbell narrative is a proxy for a much larger class of possible events and event sequences. The actual problem is that models based in simplistic assumptions about how a rule-abiding Entropian would behave are very unlikely to capture the rich diversity of behavior motivated by real Entropians' circumstances, and furthermore, beyond their actually false positives, they inflict substantial chilling effects against other non-typical legitimate forms of behavior.

i took a 3 years break last time i competed in events and found out later that there was not chance to compete without abusing/cheating. 25% reload buff. I was so disappointed not to see any bans. Competing again and i know again i will probably take a break from this shit. probably this time for good. They suck at even copy pasting events.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think it's a rule (=good advice) at all in EU, let alone the first one. Lots of people will know the funny cartoon sig someone has/had of not being able to come to bed because 'someone is wrong on the Internet'. I don't feel the need to test out everything (again?) for accuracy before I express an opinion or thought, but I like to distinguish between stuff I'm more sure about or less, thus the intro to that post.
Yes, you are correct. It was an unnecessary mechanic. Unless of course, there was an incentive.... such as planet partners having to pay for each spun up instance or something of that nature. It's the only reasonable situation I can think of outside of just being negligent with the design.
I find this an interesting conditional. If there was indeed such an incentive, then pps are trying to work around a cost imposed by MA. That'd be considered an exploit attempt, wouldn't it? Or is it just creating game mechanics to lessen design inefficiencies by allowing people to stay in the instance but with a stopped timer?
Sometimes I believe that attempts to improve gameplay for the players are simply unaware of possible consequences, but at other times the setup seems fishy.
I wonder if the battle between insects and plants developing strategies against each other over millions of years is a necessary given, or can partners actually work together symbiotically to create something truly better than the real competitors out there in the gaming industry?

Y can’t they just put the event on the planet, like the original mayhem. You know actual mayhem???

How about each participant can kill x amount of creatures. And that’s your score. No redo no 10 chances no start over.

Kill 5000 of x creature. Each creature rewards a point value. Highest score wins. Seems so simple I must be missing something. No need for timer. You have from the 10-27th to kill 5000(or some arbitrary number) of this creature. And then you have a score.

I

I don’t know why ma is sooooo in love with instances. They just want ppl to cheat and not get caught is the only answer I can come up with. Is it a server load issue?

I don’t know why ma is sooooo in love with instances. They just want ppl to cheat and not get caught is the only answer I can come up with. Is it a server load issue?
I dont know man. Shees. If MA announced that merry mayhem would be on flesh rippers this christmas, how would you fit 2k+ players onto the spawns that exist in the game?

I dont know man. Shees. If MA announced that merry mayhem would be on flesh rippers this christmas, how would you fit 2k+ players onto the spawns that exist in the game?
Idk if you’re serious or not, so I apologize. Spawns can be added at any time to any location. Spawns are added on caly all the time.

Didn’t they do a mayhem on a dome on cp?

Idk if you’re serious or not, so I apologize. Spawns can be added at any time to any location. Spawns are added on caly all the time.

Didn’t they do a mayhem on a dome on cp?
Exactly, they did this already and it was terrible. I went there, got in maybe a few shots, saw all the mobs cleared of radar, waited for the next spawn and on it went like this. Eventually I left, long before the mini mayhem was over.

The only thing worse than bots and exploits is not having anything to shoot at during a limited time event. So this is why instances are a good thing. Everyone can participate.

Exactly, they did this already and it was terrible. I went there, got in maybe a few shots, saw all the mobs cleared of radar, waited for the next spawn and on it went like this. Eventually I left, long before the mini mayhem was over.

The only thing worse than bots and exploits is not having anything to shoot at during a limited time event. So this is why instances are a good thing. Everyone can participate.
With the DPS that is in the game, no spawn can handle more than 2 people and sometimes not even 2. Look at cyrene, they nerfed flesh rippers because people were on the 15 spawns on them and they blamed them specifically for all the lag. By the way, they nerfed them in 3 rounds. First time nerfed 5 spawns because of "lag". Then the 15 spawns.

Mindark needs turnover. Instances gives them that. I don't know why it is so difficult for anyone to realize that it is all the company cares about. Not you.

With the DPS that is in the game, no spawn can handle more than 2 people and sometimes not even 2. Look at cyrene, they nerfed flesh rippers because people were on the 15 spawns on them and they blamed them specifically for all the lag. By the way, they nerfed them in 3 rounds. First time nerfed 5 spawns because of "lag". Then the 15 spawns.

Mindark needs turnover. Instances gives them that. I don't know why it is so difficult for anyone to realize that it is all the company cares about. Not you.
So the only way to achieve enough spawns is to start an instance? Is it not possible to add more mobs outside of instances? I mean there is a lot of open space on caly.

I’m trying to be constructive here not. I’m asking because I know nothing of coding and the likes. Many games have thousands of people in a single area doing stuff.

As a broad-brushstroke baseline, I assume planet partners are inclined to be myopic and primarily concerned with immediate profit, whereas MindArk, at least in ideal conditions, can focus on the bigger picture perspective and make decisions in the interest of actualizing Entropia's potential. This is because of players' budget constraints. If a player doesn't cycle today, they still have that PED to cycle tomorrow, or next month, etc. All else equal, MindArk probably prefers they cycle it today, but there are a lot of complicating factors, and they can afford to take a more indifferent perspective and give players the breathing room to express their own preferences. On the other hand, planet partners are currently incentivized to desperately need you to cycle today, with little regard for long term implications on user experience, because if you don't cycle your PED today, there's a good chance you'll cycle it on a different planet.

Of course, MindArk also functioning as a planet partner puts a gradient in that model, and their internal incentive metrics to evaluate individual employee performance may impose artificial deadlines.

So the only way to achieve enough spawns is to start an instance? Is it not possible to add more mobs outside of instances? I mean there is a lot of open space on caly.

I’m trying to be constructive here not. I’m asking because I know nothing of coding and the likes. Many games have thousands of people in a single area doing stuff.
Flesh rippers were a good example of how the engine or mindark servers cannot handle large spawns... OR they are lying to us... OR both. I'm going with the whole "PPs can't be doing better than us" routine.

Back