Votes: 31 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

das

Elite
Society
The Ministry
dasouth Genious dasouth
Easy question, is this an exploit or not?

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. We have been informed by SDS that the Creative utilization of the environment is part of the Planet Calypso experience.

Kind regards,

XXXX| Planet Calypso Support

Last edited:
The Aurlis trapping a hunter?

The Aurlis trapping a hunter?

A shame there's that "no name and shame" rule in the forums, I'd really like to know who those Aurlis are...

Just imagine if they get an ATH doing that! :eyecrazy:

Probably an exploit. But this fix isn't to lock the player, it is to fix the AI.

So many are so quick to whine, grow up already.

That's me, what I am doing is isolating 1 aurli at a time.

I am not preventing the aurli which I am attacking from hitting me, only the ones I am not attacking.

I have armor decay (Gremlin+5b).

I have fap decay.

MA's getting thier decay, that's all they care about.

Only a moron would call this an exploit.

EDIT:

This guy reports me for exploiting, makes thread on forum and badmouths me then proceeds to do the exact same thing I was doing.

I pity the fool.

Last edited:
I don't understand why you'd want to hunt like that, surely the whole point of CP is to have 8 mobs on you at once :laugh:

I see the ava taking damage, (based on the slightly lower health bar) so I'd say no.

Actually it's worse. When he finally goes against those other aurli, he'll have to take some initial hits to remove their "can't be shot/sweated" condition.

Reactions: das
if there liked on the forum and in general and didn't hit a fat esi or nice loot no not exploit if they are not liked and hit something nice then yes its a exploit and will be reported.

I see the ava taking damage, (based on the slightly lower health bar) so I'd say no.

Actually it's worse. When he finally goes against those other aurli, he'll have to take some initial hits to remove their "can't be shot/sweated" condition.

mary jane took damage and in fact died many times but that was still a exploit what gives

if there liked on the forum and in general no not exploit if they are not liked then yes its a exploit and will be reported.

Do you reall think that way? or is it a joke?

Wrong. If you're only getting attacked by "1" aurli, then you save tons of decay from 3 or more attacking you at once (aurli are viscious and hit very fast). So if he's avoiding a stream of hits from all the others, he's saving a hefty decay bill. There's no way it's "worse" that he has to take "1" hit just to resume damaging the mob.

This guy is so getting locked

:popcorn:

its simply using terrain to your advantage. so what?

mary jane took damage and in fact died many times but that was still a exploit what gives

If you take dmg and die using that VTOL maneuver, then you're an idiot. That whole move is meant to avoid 100% armor/fap decay. (Also I saw/herd of no evidence of that person dying. If screenies of that exist, lemme know.)

My definition for an exploit is simple:

If a 1-day old n00b could use it to kill the highest maturity nasty mob with zero fap/armor decay, then it's likely an exploit.

I don't see that as the case here. Isolating a single mob is standard SOP.

Do you reall think that way? or is it a joke?
I think it was a joke that (in his opinion at least) actually holds some truth.

Wrong. If you're only getting attacked by "1" aurli, then you save tons of decay from 3 or more attacking you at once (aurli are viscious and hit very fast). So if he's avoiding a stream of hits from all the others, he's saving a hefty decay bill. There's no way it's "worse" that he has to take "1" hit just to resume damaging the mob.

Oh I'm quite aware of CP hunting, mate. Technically, you're right, but my point being that this move is similar IMO, to using a long range tagger gun. Ya get 1 mob atta time. The difference being that in this case, he'll have to take a hit or two before he can shoot them.

Yes, I know he's trying to save himself tons of armor decay. That's quite obvious.

It is not, however, an exploit.

If you take dmg and die using that VTOL maneuver, then you're an idiot. That whole move is meant to avoid 100% armor/fap decay. (Also I saw/herd of no evidence of that person dying. If screenies of that exist, lemme know.)

My definition for an exploit is simple:

If a 1-day old n00b could use it to kill the highest maturity nasty mob with zero fap/armor decay, then it's likely an exploit.

I don't see that as the case here. Isolating a single mob is standard SOP.

i think the only idiots are the ones who defend people who exploit and yes this is a exploit

When in doubt, it's an exploit (at least on these forums).

/thread.

lol what next doing the good old revive/kill will be an exploit next?

So he has a few mobs trapped when he goes for the next he needs to take hits/decay to start hitting the next one lol

sweaters have been trapping mobs like this for ages.

Reactions: das
i think the only idiots are the ones who defend people who exploit and yes this is a exploit

Just for the record, when I used "you" in that comment, I did not mean you, Mike Jones, nor did I mean Mary Jane.

I meant it as "anyone". If anyone uses an exploit that can totally remove all armor/fap decay and they still unintentionally die, they are likely doing something wrong.

And yes, I'm well aware it sounds strange to say someone may be "cheating wrong". :laugh: Hopefully you get my point.

explot, he is using a bugg... he is taking advantage over a code error by MA. It's not ment to be inside the wall.

lol what next doing the good old ...............................................................

sweaters have been trapping mobs like this for ages.
Yes but what`s the point in locking sweaters?
Ban deposittors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of them!!!!!!!!!!!They`r evil exploiters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:locked: :dancing: :locked: :deal:

If it's a matter of isolating the one mob, then no it's not an exploit. Same as tagging one out of a herd with a Marber.
The mob is in no way kept from causing damage or decay.

Is there something else in the pic that I'm missing?

Just for the record, when I used "you" in that comment, I did not mean you, Mike Jones, nor did I mean Mary Jane.

I meant it as "anyone". If anyone uses an exploit that can totally remove all armor/fap decay and they still unintentionally die, they are likely doing something wrong.

And yes, I'm well aware it sounds strange to say someone may be "cheating wrong". :laugh: Hopefully you get my point.

you still die tho this is why there isn't noobs after noobs killing the big shit

He's on a ledge, not inside a wall. :scratch2:

oh my bad... did look like he was inside, becouse some off the wall in there you can go in too. I still think this is using off a code error done by MA. and that is a bugg. Just becouse you can go up there dont mean it was made for you to be abel to go there and by that it becomes a exploit. Might be me but if that is the only thing up there that you can come up to, its a explot... if you can get up on all, might not be a wrong code off MA...

If he was trapping them and not getting decay while killing them it's an exploit (like the old trap and using vtol method). The way that he is killing them the mob is obviously hitting him. This method is not much different then hunting on a steep hill or by a big tree that blocks the other mobs. Whenever I go there I hunt in those walled areas as well (just not on top of them) which block some and maybe they go to other hunters at times.

This is no exploit, don't be silly - or you'd have to lock everyone who uses i.e. a marber to drag out single mobs from the flock. There is no "you must let other mobs chew on you while you kill one", as long as the one you're shooting at can chew on you it's fine.

Back