Extended Guides: Newbie Picture Event

A bit lat but the deadline has been made.

All post after this one wont compete any more. Now and fine jury is gonna pick there favorites. The winners will be contacted by PM and posted in this thread.

I want to thank everybody for competing and keep tuned

cool shots

HUU HAAA Take moRe!

'Windy?'

'At the Sand Bar'

'Undistrurbed'

'Dandinight'

All finished now =P I'm interested to see who will win =) Good luck everyone

Unfortunatly, not everybody can win. But, there are so many amazing pictures. So, I decided to post some nice words on all the valid entries I could find. Took me a very long time too, but they are all worth it.

So, without much ado, here is what I thought of the entries:

solar system end
Loved all the yellow/orange things, makes it look like art with a meaning

Derrel Marcel Nerovian
Liked a lot how the snow seems to be on the trees and the lake and road seems frozen

Sherly Shana-tan Nome
Colours are very nice here, big contrast between the background and foreground, and then the moon with the cloud adds a lot to the atmosphere

Blitz Blitzy TheVirus
really liked the effect with the moons, and the houses daring the world with the lighthouse as a beacon

Onyar Loorden PSS
captures a wonderland very nicely, with the strange plants on the ground and further away, and the emptyness as well

Yuto Xylox Azra
enjoyed the difference between the blue of the clouds and the water with the ground sanwiched between them.

Edward Magyar Republic
has a nice contrast of colours, even if there aren't many, and the sun coming through the clouds is very interesting

Svenn Svenn Ethir
the colour-coordination is very nice in this picture, with the cloud seemingly giving light, plus the yellow tree on the right and the pink colours just like in the spot below is great

Warbo Wartox Enton
This picture reminds me of going to my appartments, eveyrthing focused on the person in the middle, and nature trying to get it all back from below

Tewfik Mongoose Vassel
You can really imagine being in a forest here, looking up at the moon, getting that tree for christmas, yet strangely like calypso, it has tropical trees and a mountain in the background

Tyron Kader Verdana
I like how everything placed seems to become pink, and how the tree in front of the tower seems to imitate a snowflake

Microbe Amoeba Sporidium
I really like the light and darkness in this one, with the trees like an audience

Ande Avatar Evans
I really like how this seems a nature-picture, yet there is the unnatural towers, which still don't distract very much even though the colour is very different.

Vince Alan Doe
I especially like here how the light and the cloud work together to make it seem like an object in the landscape, instead of just a cloud, and the mountain seeming to put up a barrier

Angelina Angie Sparkx
I love the fog in this picture, it makes an otherwise sunny day seem very dangerous, since you can't see what is hidden in the mist

ECMOR EC MOR
The distortion gives a very nice effect here, it seems to go all around and it seems to make the top and bottom very disconnected from each other, very interesting in distances

Chris Statik Andrews
I like how the trees seem to come together, for that extra ray of sun in the middle, from the cloud

Clea Asfixia Asfixine
Very intereesting how with only a few colours, you can get huge effects, and a very good camera-position as well, just like a real picture you make yourself

Baalat
I really like the arranged view here, and the sharpness going from front to back, so you have to concentrate to see the house,because of the colours

Uther Uth Pendragon
I like a lot how this looks like an empty landscape with clouds above it, untill you realize that it is under water, and it's a reflection, looks like it goes on forever, even though it isn't deep

Marc Marcaine Badura
Here I like a lot how it looks like the service-center came out of the lake and is walking to where it is now, and the even lighting is very nice too

TY Woody for your comments :) was hard to find the good lightning and camera position lol i had towait 1 hour to get the good brightness lol but it worthed it :cool:

very well done, all of you who participated. May the "best" picture be awarded :)

TY Woody for your comments :) was hard to find the good lightning and camera position lol i had towait 1 hour to get the good brightness lol but it worthed it :cool:

hehe yeah i was about 3 hrs in front of that castle in the middle of nowhere :D

thx for the comments Jot

Cya
Baalat

Thnx Jot for the comments

And now the winners

Sherly Shana-tan Nome
Blitz Blitzy TheVirus
Ande Avatar Evans
Tyron Kader Verdana
Angelina Angie Sparkx

All the winners received a PM on this forum with instructions how to get their price.

Damn, 0 for 3 in newbie events. :(

Gratz to all the winners! Lots of really good screenshots here.

got a picture which is currently my desktop background to share: :D

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

thx for chosen my picture

and i have more pctures :D

The Fog

Near Silver Ridge

PS: thx to Entropia Tour Agency for the nice TPruns

Yeah, was def hoping for some new clothes. Congrats to winners!!!

Link to riddle event?

Yeah, was def hoping for some new clothes. Congrats to winners!!!

Link to riddle event?

Riddle event is going on right now... it's almost over.

Back