factory and stock market - ideea of implementation

Preacher

Provider
I just had a vision on how this 2 things could work.

Factory

Anyone can create one. When you choose to create one you are asked what type ( clothing, armor, weapons etc.). Then you choose the initial investment in fix ammounts ( 1k, 5k, 10k, 20k, 50k peds for example). Now this factory will act like an avatar. It will have the skills in the choosen proffesion. As you craft the skills increase and that should have an impact on quality, quantity and raise the share price. You can hire ppl to work for your factory. They will add a bonus to the factory's skills if they click at the crafting machine ( in a "factory mode" in wich they use the factory resources and their products also belong to the factory) let's say 1h a day.

Stock market

When you create a factory, after you payed the peds, you can choose the amount of shares those money will create. For example if you create a factory with 1000ped and decide that the number of shares for it should be 10000 then 1 share equals 10pec.
These shares belong to the creator and can be listed on the stock market or sold via PvP trade.
As the factory gains skills the shares will also gain in value.

Now, how much to buy 20% of Etopia's Clothing Empire and Photon's Firepower Paradise ??? :tongue2:

After reading this I admit I am completely confused. What's the point?

As for workers, it'll just be bots on autoclickers anyways.

I like the idea of trading stock in players entreprises, like factories.

I think we have not yet seen factories in EU because MA has not yet figured out how to make them without creating auto-click farms on players properties!

Anything repetitive lends itself to auto-clicking, be it software, your kids, or slave labor!

So, factory workers would need to have to do more than they do now at a crafting machine. Moving things, calculating, guessing, shooting at the supervisor :D

After reading this I admit I am completely confused. What's the point?

As for workers, it'll just be bots on autoclickers anyways.

The point is that i will not have to click like a madman on filters to gain skills so that one day i'll be able to craft usefull stuff at a decent CoS.
The factory should be able to craft the things that i ordered untill it runs out of resources or a limit i set is reached.
I can influence the CoS of the factory by hiring skilled crafters. They get payed by me for the benefits that they bring. That means JOBS, something that the comunity asked for. It doesn't matter if they are online or not, their skills influence is active all the time.
With the shares and stock market this can be seen as an investment.
Example: With the L being the future wouldn't be nice to have a factory that produces Breer M2 and has a shop infront of it were there is allways a stock of these? All automatic becouse i said keep the stock at 50 breers.
I would definatly invest in something like this.

i thnk its a good idea in theory. but it leaves too much opportunity for scamming such as hiring soc mates to increase stock value right before u fire em all and sell ur stocks... Would need very strict regulation i dont think MA is willing to provide at this time...

+rep for trying to come up with an idea and brave discussing it with many on this forum ;)

As a concept its ok but as some of the others have said it is way too open for scamming / AC abuse.:girl:

i thnk its a good idea in theory. but it leaves too much opportunity for scamming such as hiring soc mates to increase stock value right before u fire em all and sell ur stocks... Would need very strict regulation i dont think MA is willing to provide at this time...

Thats where the board of directors comes into place, all you need is a system where the owners/shareholders have a meeting and sett certan parameters that the factory has to keep, like how much they can buy ores for, a sales price. and salery for the workers. Then there has to be an anual sharehoders meeting to get the dividence devided, and paid out. just like in the real world.

Not if the value depands on the skills of the factory. The workers give a bonus to the skills but have no influence on the price of the shares.
Also there could be a contract between the owner and the worker: 1month @ 10peds a day. Just an example so you can't abuse the system.

I'm sure that all problems have solutions if you realy look into them.

Ya it would work but would require a ton of regulation and ingame paper work... The factory owners would have to be granted limited control to prevent any trickery... MA would need to regulate the factory's value rather than allowing the owner to determine the value of the factory stocks

MA would need to regulate the factory's value rather than allowing the owner to determine the value of the factory stocks

You determine the initial value of the stock by deciding the peds you wanna invest when creating a factory. Would suck to create a factory with 5kpeds and MA to five you 100 shares worth 1ped :silly2:
Initial ivestment = total value of initial shares.
After that MA should take care of increase or decrease of the shares. An ideea would be:
increase factory skills => increase price of share
items in stock not selling => decrease in stock

You may say that the owner would buy his stuff so that the value doesn't fall but wtf are you gonna do with 1k rifles or pistols :dunce:
Plus the rate the share price increase should be lower than the price fall rate

to have ral use for mass producing there would need to be:

a: a good that is used alot
b: demand
c: people..to make stuff and to buy stuff.

now MA is going the right way for this with l stuff. but it needs to be more.

say, ammo with bonus dmg, f.ex. area, or something.
or foods that increase your health for a certain period, or the speed you run with. (take a BlueCow and outrun an atrox prowler)

atm there is no real demand...among other things more professions are needed.

You determine the initial value of the stock by deciding the peds you wanna invest when creating a factory. Would suck to create a factory with 5kpeds and MA to five you 100 shares worth 1ped :silly2:
Initial ivestment = total value of initial shares.
After that MA should take care of increase or decrease of the shares. An ideea would be:
increase factory skills => increase price of share
items in stock not selling => decrease in stock

You may say that the owner would buy his stuff so that the value doesn't fall but wtf are you gonna do with 1k rifles or pistols :dunce:
Plus the rate the share price increase should be lower than the price fall rate

The share price should be regulated by an pen market, and all information about the profitability on a factory should be open to the puplic.

Question is. What items are worth mass producing i guess.. Who wants 500 settler arms in their store? Seems like the investment required for this would cost a ton! And at 10ped = 1 US dollar... So i dunno how much these would cost and who would be willing to pay

I guess you are right Pretender. If they would implement this tomorrow it would be useless. But so were the hangars when they showed up for the 1st time.

this needs a bump

What would be nice is to be able to buy stock shares in a LA. Maybe have a maximum amount each avatar could own therefore spreading the wealth a little. MA could open up a whole new continent or a super-sized LA that could be owned by many people. They could make it standard pre-set spawns with no options that way there is no need for anyone to be able to access the fertilizer station. It might be a good way to have more people feeling a sense of ownership and greater participation in EU. I for one would buy some shares....

If only MA had half the idéas and willpower of the comunity, wonderful things could happen ingame.
Unfortunaly, MA lack all of the above.

+Rep for your thoughts.

Back